PDA

View Full Version : Mixing power baits

billy b
09-24-2011, 09:07 AM
I hate to admit it ... but I haven't done this much at all. But thought I should share that I mixed the remnants of a jar or Orange with a little Corn Yellow (yesterday at a lake up near here - Blue Lakes) ... and it lit them up.

Also used a Jared tip ... mini jig 5-6 feet below a bobber ... with a NC tip ... which worked very well also (Thanks Jared)

Anybody have tips to share about mixing baits?

shinbob
09-24-2011, 12:46 PM
On our last trip to Gull lake, my 8 y.o. daughter wanted to mix garlic PB with a pink power egg. I said "whatever....", but she ended up outfishing us all.

Karyn
09-24-2011, 03:32 PM
On our last trip in July/August, we mixed it up- the killer was purple nymph with white and green with a little garlic oil. The fish loved it! Mix it up... what could it hurt?

billy b
09-24-2011, 03:44 PM
On our last trip in July/August, we mixed it up- the killer was purple nymph with white and green with a little garlic oil. The fish loved it! Mix it up... what could it hurt?

Was that 3 separate PB's ... or did you use one of the 2 tone turbos to go with the nymph
Could it have just been the garlic oil?

Because of you ... I bought a bottle of Purple ... !!!

Karyn
09-24-2011, 03:52 PM
have you used it? If so, how did it work?

For me, it works great! I mix is the white with green and the purple with glitter... and about three drops of garlic oil or smash up garlic in a baggie, take out the garlic and put the powerbait in the baggie and mix. I like to mix it chunky so the colors still show- not all mixed up so the blend. It worked for me. My best day ever was 87 fish- I kept three because they were going to die. :) I am looking forward to going back up there!

fishreaper
09-24-2011, 04:01 PM
i like mixing garlic with anything.. best one for me was garlic and salmon peach

BufordT9
09-25-2011, 01:11 AM
If you have seen some of the new combos that berkley is putting out...they are hip to the idea too.

They have garlic scented rainbow now....stuff works like a charm. Caught 8 trout on it last week.

Try ANY combo, who knows what is going to hit.

billy b
09-26-2011, 10:05 AM
If you have seen some of the new combos that berkley is putting out...they are hip to the idea too.

They have garlic scented rainbow now....stuff works like a charm. Caught 8 trout on it last week.

Try ANY combo, who knows what is going to hit.

AMEN

I've had lots of luck with Rainbow Garlic and/or Rainbow Salmon Egg ... and like I mentioned previously a friend have excellent success with the Chartreuse Garlic on Gull