PDA

View Full Version : Healthy Striper Stocks

JigStop
09-23-2011, 09:59 AM
Good to see the culling taking place. I attached a photo of 60lb. striper from Bull Shoals Lake in Mizzouri from the summer of 2011. These fish were originally stocked in only 1998. To give you an idea of how bad it can get without culling, a fish of this length in Lake Matthews would weigh 12-15lbs. The Mizzourian's eat what they catch and the lake benefits as thriving striper habitat.

ddoskocil
09-23-2011, 10:40 AM
That looks gross. (But incredible. If it was DVL, that would probably be about 20 trout in there!)

HawgZWylde
09-23-2011, 11:25 AM
Bull Shoals? Are they in Table Rock Lake as well?

Geraldlim
09-23-2011, 02:26 PM
White bass yes, but no striped bass in Tablerock Lake (I competed in the US Spearfishing Nationals there in 2004).

Psycho_fish'r
09-23-2011, 02:42 PM
Wow! That fish looks like it swallowed a 50lb bag of rice! Great catch!

HawgStalker
09-23-2011, 03:10 PM
Holy Crap! Thats striper has a belly as big as Dan Hernandez.....

Matt_Magnone
09-26-2011, 08:34 PM
if everyone caught a limit of stripes at DVL every day, we'd still be under the mark to make the lake regulated. just too many in there. thats why its so critical to keep what you catch regardless of size. releasing the small ones with the hope of catching a larger one will only hurt the lake. keep whatever you catch.

if its super good out there, i'll catch a limit for my friends and just dump the fish on them.

a lot of time when im ice jigging largies, i'll catch 5 or 6 stripes. those fish ALWAYS get brought home. i just dump them off to my neighbors

skunked again
09-26-2011, 09:49 PM
Bull Shoal Lake looks like 20-30 miles of winding lakes and fingers to hold tons of baitfish. If only we had that at DVL.

Nessie Hunter
09-27-2011, 07:42 AM
And this is related to DVL forum How????

pigdestroyer
09-27-2011, 08:24 AM
if everyone caught a limit of stripes at DVL every day, we'd still be under the mark to make the lake regulated. just too many in there. thats why its so critical to keep what you catch regardless of size. releasing the small ones with the hope of catching a larger one will only hurt the lake. keep whatever you catch.

if its super good out there, i'll catch a limit for my friends and just dump the fish on them.

a lot of time when im ice jigging largies, i'll catch 5 or 6 stripes. those fish ALWAYS get brought home. i just dump them off to my neighbors

Everyone just needs to carry a halibut club on their boats. That way if you don't want to keep them you can still help bring the numbers down. No limit that way. http://freeemoticonsandsmileys.com/emoticons/Evil%20Emoticons/evil%20smile.png

karalm
09-27-2011, 09:22 AM
Holy Moly!! What a PIG
Are we sure this is not a striped bass and a LMB who crossed?? Or maybe the striper "swallowed" the Large Mouth Bass and you caught it after it wanted dessert!! (:-)

sumojo
09-27-2011, 10:25 AM
WOW what a big pig you got