PDA

View Full Version : one positive from fishing perris today...

dday07
09-22-2011, 04:23 PM
finally caught a couple bass dropshotting(for the 1st time).about the only positive thing to say about today.fished the dam with my bro,and he caught 2 dinks also(on jointed rapala).tried jigs,ika's,senko's,grubs and spinners and just nothing hitting.asked everyone fishing on dam going by and best was one guy who caught 3 on 7'robo's.next week dvl and weather should be cooling alttle.

bassgrabber1
09-22-2011, 04:45 PM
At least you beat the skunk. You had all the right baits but maybe they aren't at the dam.....try the cover on the south shore and eastend. I caught them on frogs yesterday.

Pete Marino
09-22-2011, 05:01 PM
The dam at perris is TOUGH.... I was there today and we caught 37+ all in 30-50ft of water... Ill be posting a report in a little while...stay tuned.. And dont give up on Perris....Location location location....The Bass are stacked up on deep structure...stay away from the dam...its a waste of time... Think deep and think structure..
Rapheal the old Head Ranger out there fished next to us for about an 45 mintues and we caught at LEAST 9-10 in that time. He finally said.." Okay I give up...Im tired of watching you guys catch them!!", so he made a move..lol

Good times

Pete

TheAsianGuy
09-22-2011, 05:33 PM
Too bad we can't fish dead smack in the middle of the watercraft fun zone. Extreme depth, and those pigs jumped out in the open water early early early morning hours. Oh well..just have to wait until the water is way too cold for any water contact sports beside fishing.

Sublime-Steve
09-22-2011, 05:45 PM
If ya dont get bit within an hour @ perris try a new spot.. there everywhere even from shore. try the docks @ the boat launch or marina, and near the police docks.. there's always fish there :-)