PDA

View Full Version : C.A.S.T. for Kids -disabled/disadvantaged kids event OCT 1ST - NEED BOATERS -URGENT

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-22-2011, 04:10 PM
Boaters…
The kids need your help !

The Catch A Special Thrill For Kids Foundation is seeking fishermen and boaters who can help disabled/disadvantaged children and their parent experience the joys of fishing. The participating children will have their own fishing gear and life vests. Afterwards there will be a barbeque lunch and an awards ceremony for all participants, including you. For more information on CAST FOR KIDS go to www.castforkids.org (http://www.castforkids.org). Flyer and Registration Forms available below:

www.castforkids.org (http://www.castforkids.org).

Captain Registration Form

First Mate Registration Form,

Volunteer_Registration Form

The C.A.S.T. organization is in URGENT need of boaters….PLEASE search your heart and help 1 day out of the year !

SATURDAY October 1st

6th Annual C.A.S.T. at Castaic Lake Saturday, October 1, 2011 6:30am – 12:30pm 32132 Ridge Route Road, Castaic, CA 91384

BOAT OWNERS NEEDED

Pontoon, Fishing, & Ski boats are all welcome

To sign up to be Captain for the day, please contact one of the following:

Boat Coordinator: Eric Reifman (661) 257-4050 or ereifman@parks.lacounty.gov

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-22-2011, 04:12 PM
NOTE:

The boaters will be allowed to use their gas motors on this day to help the kids !

5 mph "no wake" speed limit is in force.

P.S.
Bear with me everyone..regarding links etc.

I actually have a flyer to attach to this post (and have attained permission from the webmaster to post) but I'm having trouble with new photobucket format...
The links to the sign up forms didn't take either, I'll try to rectify !

Any info needed in the interim may be found at the WWW.CASTAICLAKE.COM website then click on the C.A.S.T event flyer !

JeffO
09-22-2011, 09:00 PM
I'd be down to help out! I've never been out on the lagoon and I couldn't think of a better way to get out there for the 1st time. My mom's visiting from out of state that weekend so she'd be coming with me.... hopefully that's OK...?

Below is a pic of my boat. For just tooling around the lagoon I could probably hold 4 peeps.

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j329/JeffOFish/Bass%20Fishing/garagedboat.jpg

Topwater Terry
09-22-2011, 11:42 PM
That is perfect Jeffrey! on castaiclake.com, click on the friends of castaic link, and then you will see the announcement about CAST, with entry form for boat captain. Fill it out and fax it or email to Eric Reifman, his contact info is on the forms...nice boat!

JeffO
09-23-2011, 09:54 AM
That is perfect Jeffrey! on castaiclake.com, click on the friends of castaic link, and then you will see the announcement about CAST, with entry form for boat captain. Fill it out and fax it or email to Eric Reifman, his contact info is on the forms...nice boat!

Thanks! I actually got in touch with him last night so it looks like I'm all set. You gonna be out there Terry? (hope that's your name haha)

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-23-2011, 10:05 AM
Thanks! I actually got in touch with him last night so it looks like I'm all set. You gonna be out there Terry? (hope that's your name haha)
Now THATS what I'm talkin about...

Thanks for helping JefferyO

Let's keep this going people...

Get signed up soon...Oct 1st is 1 week away

These kids need your help : )

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-23-2011, 10:22 AM
I AM NOW OFFICIALLY IN TOO !

Just confirmed that I can use Hiro’s Boat…

I will fill in the forms today as well..

Gary

JeffO
09-23-2011, 10:37 AM
I AM NOW OFFICIALLY IN TOO !

Just confirmed that I can use Hiro’s Boat…

I will fill in the forms today as well..

Gary

Niiiiiiiice! :) Looking forward to meeting you guys

Topwater Terry
09-23-2011, 01:43 PM
Yep Jeffrey, that's my name, I'll see ya there!

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-23-2011, 05:05 PM
Special Note for SD Dave:

I've noticed your getting good at netting the shad, it would be WONDERFUL to have you net some shad and bring it down and fish with the kids..

in previous years the boaters that have done this had the greatest success...

That is if you can help with the kids...

Worse case if you can't take a kid out...we could sure use some shad.....

Even dead shad...

I hope you can make it to help with the kids regardless of live bait...

These kids deserve a break, let's serve them a hopping heaping helping : )

Thanks,
Gary

SDDave
09-24-2011, 01:01 PM
I'm looking into helping out in some manner, but transporting live finfish from one body of water to another is a big No No... I do have a couple bags of dead that the catfish would maybe eat.

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-27-2011, 09:15 AM
I'm looking into helping out in some manner, but transporting live finfish from one body of water to another is a big No No... I do have a couple bags of dead that the catfish would maybe eat.

it's all good, just thought I'd ask...

Get signed up everyone..... it's this weekend (sat) the kids deserve a break.....they NEED BOATERS...

Come on everyone....let's help the disadvantaged kiddies out and give them some wonderful memories : )

Daleela
09-28-2011, 06:08 AM
Faxed in my form yesterday, see you all Saturday!

TroutOnly
09-28-2011, 10:39 AM
if i wasnt going up north for guide trips i would help,the last time i went and boated a bass guy went to upper dipped a load of shad for his buddys boats,of coarse i didnt get any,,,,,,,,,,,,,BOB,,,,,,,,,

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-28-2011, 11:24 AM
Come on people....let's get more signed up...the kids need our help guys and gals : )

It's THIS SATURDAY

Coefficient13
09-29-2011, 07:27 AM
I went to assemble the tackle last night. Sounds like they've got good response but could use more.

I have no boat, so for my part in the actual event I will keep a really annoying kayak-er off the lagoon water.

<- This guy

SDDave
09-30-2011, 02:06 PM
Come on people....let's get more signed up...the kids need our help guys and gals : )

It's THIS SATURDAY Hey Gary was just looked at the registration form and they want all boats to be clean and dry and will be doing inspections, so that would kind of put the kibosh on bringing in some live bait, also when I called they said they want to get a early start, as soon as 5:30 or earlier, gates going to open at 5:00.
I tried to talk to Lori or Eric but there both out of the office today...
Oh well just have to make due I guess... see you there.

JeffO
09-30-2011, 02:20 PM
...also when I called they said they want to get a early start, as soon as 5:30 or earlier, gates going to open at 5:00....

So are we actually going to be launching that early?? Or are we gonna do logistics stuff and launch later?

If anybody knows the general schedule for the boaters I'd appreciate some details :)

SDDave
09-30-2011, 02:34 PM
Thats what the lady said as far as time they wanted boats there, this came from Joe Wlash who's the park superintendent, dought there launch until it gets somewhat light out, Jeff, did you get a call back from one of the people confriming anything? got any contact numbers, the ones listed they all have Friday off and the fax number given to send in the forms never picks up.

JeffO
09-30-2011, 02:47 PM
Eric Reifman, the boat coordinator, sent an email last weekend that said this....

"We are asking all boaters to be at the Paradise Cove Area at 5:30 am for launching."

That's basically all I know as of right now. The original flyer says inspections begin at 6:00am, but it sounds like that's out the window.

autowiz
09-30-2011, 09:18 PM
If you can get it cleared with gate I will bring shad down.reply so I know to go. Boat is to small for this type of event.

MikesOcean
10-01-2011, 07:15 AM
Good luck to all the volunteers and kids!!

Be safe and have a great time!!

Great job on all those who helped. I wish I could have been there.

MikesOcean