PDA

View Full Version : Hows Kern River around this time??

Mr T-rex
09-22-2011, 02:47 PM
trying to plan a trip to kern river because i heard that its amazing for fishing. But i wonder how is the camping and fishing there?? is it worth the drive from LA :???:

Viejo
09-22-2011, 04:51 PM
trying to plan a trip to kern river because i heard that its amazing for fishing. But i wonder how is the camping and fishing there?? is it worth the drive from LA :???:

Google this: Camping and fishing opportunities on the Kern River/Kernville

You'll get all the information you need to make a decision. Is it worth it to drive from LA?
Is it worth it to stay in LA for those days? Only you can answer that.

Mr T-rex
09-22-2011, 05:12 PM
thank you viejo

TheHegemon
09-22-2011, 06:59 PM
I would suggest waiting a week or two if you're planning to go from LA. There have been a couple of fires lately, and have caused the fishing to slow down a bit.

ordane
09-23-2011, 10:33 AM
is it worth the drive from LA :???:

Hell yea!! It would be worth it to drive from New York, lol!! You can camp right on Lake Isabella but probably only thru this month or next. I stay in Riverside and it was about a 2 1/2 hour drive for me.

Fishing was awesome but so was everything else about that trip. I plan to make that place a regular destination!

feednfish
09-23-2011, 07:11 PM
it good fishing was just up there last month twice both times ok. Its super hot and the water was a bit low. The water should be flowing now cuz it been raining. i am gonna go back when it cools down a bit.