PDA

View Full Version : DVL Friday 9/23

Sandman_Tracker
09-22-2011, 11:01 AM
Greetings all..

I'll be heading out to DVL for the 1st time tmrw. I'm looking for any advice that you regulars may have with DVL. I'm looking at doing some Bass and then also some trolling for Trout. As far as the trolling goes, I have a couple of DR's and LC.

I was hoping to get some tips on good lake locations, depths that you guys have recently been finding the fish, and lures/colors that you guys have been finding successful at the lake. Not asking for the family secrets, just some good pointers and tips for the lake…lol

Thank you guys for your time and good luck out there on the water…

diamondbear
09-22-2011, 11:24 AM
You said bass , LMB or Stripers . The stripers are biting good now with cut bait at the west end at the I/O Tower bouy line as trolling is fishing the points or cruising close to shore as possible @ 60 ft. + . Trolling for trout is a really tough thing now as the stripers have pretty much eatin all of the stockers , but I did have a freind catch a 3.50 lb. holdover trout last weekend along the west dam @ 60ft. trolling for stripers . good luck , you just need to go a few times and see whats up .

Sandman_Tracker
09-22-2011, 11:36 AM
Yes, LMB...sorry about that.

Thank you for the input...

pigdestroyer
09-22-2011, 11:39 AM
You can catch LMB all over the lake in various depths. For consistent bites dropshot 4 1/2" roboworms. I just use pink because it works well for me. Fish backs of cove where there are sunken trees and points between 25-50ft. If you have a sonar you will be able to see the fish and trees below. Just drop right on top of the fish in the deeper water.

I had trouble finding the bigger fish last time I went, but we caught a ton of smaller ones.

GL

Jeremy

HawgStalker
09-22-2011, 01:45 PM
DVL is an addiction, wont take for you to be jones'n for it like a hooker on the pipe! Lol...

Theres a lot of big lmb in that lake..... Good luck!

Sandman_Tracker
09-22-2011, 01:53 PM
Yeah, so I made of couple of calls and like daimondbear stated; Trout is pretty nonexistent. So, I will be focusing on LMB and Striper. I don’t feel like anchoring up and using cut bait, so if I do go for any Striper, I’ll be looking for the boils or Trolling.

Thank you guys for all of the input. I’ll post back on how the fishing was…..in all honesty, it’s gonna be a learning experience for that lake, so I’m not expecting many hook ups.

HawgStalker
09-22-2011, 02:09 PM
Bro, get yourself some 4 1/2 - 7in robos....

T-rig, splitshot, dropshot, however you prefer to fish plastics and I promise you'll catch some bass. Its a clear lake so spool up some flouro if you havent already!

Just keep moving until you find 'em!

Sandman_Tracker
09-22-2011, 02:51 PM
I got plenty of sizes in robo's, so I'm good there. How are senko's there? I've always had pretty good luck wacky worming the senko in other lakes like Clear Lake and Shasta..

eddiefishtaco
09-22-2011, 08:01 PM
I landed a smallmouth from the shoreline, to the right of the marina
by the floating dock, saw some bass chasing shad, but early in the morning
by the coves..I hope that helps, striper are all the way to the bottom
cut sardines, or chiken liver on 10# line, slidding 1/2 oz sinker

Greg Springman
09-22-2011, 09:17 PM
Sandman.....
For bigger LMB, topwater has been good on some points early. Just work the points 35' to 50' depth. Like everyone is saying, dropshot works with robo worms. Wacky rigs works, you'll pick up one here and there, just use thin senkos watermelon ANYTHING . For bigger LMB, work the deep points on both sides, Carolina rig, with a sliding egg sinkers with 36” leader, using almost anything. Brush hogs, 7" ribbon worms. If you are not gett'n bit, just move. Some points have more quality LMB than others.

Sandman_Tracker
09-24-2011, 11:08 AM
Ok, so here's what happened on Friday...

Leaving the marina, my friend that tagged along broke my seat. He said that the 2 screws were loose in front, he leaned back and "SNAP", the base under the seat broke. I did have an extra base at home, so quick replacement and fix.

Caught 1 LMB on popper in about 30' ft. South/West by floating outhouse. About 20 minutes later, caught a striper on Drop shot at about 33' (robo worm, shad color). Also caught another LMB on same set up. I did catch one more on a rattle trap at about 25' when he hit. and then.....wind picked up and trolling motor went out! Left the lake at 10:30 am.

Nothing big, striper was 3 lbs., nothing over 2 lbs for the LMB.

Found loose connection after getting home and opening it up. Boat is now back to 100% operational status...seat an all....lol

Thank you guys for the info on DVL..

HawgStalker
09-24-2011, 01:22 PM
Way to roll with the punches, as well as catching on different techniques!

Good job bro.....

fishmounter
09-25-2011, 06:49 PM
Sandman- Sent you a PM.