PDA

View Full Version : rock quarry weekend??

snakeplissken
09-21-2011, 07:47 PM
since i'll be broke until next week (HBAR i got ya, but when are we going to castaic again?) i figure i'll go out to the 909 to do a little bass slaying.i've seen bass chasing bluegills all over the lake especially in the shallows so with that in mind i modified a few mattlures bluegills and put red pipe cleaners by the gill slits to make them look more realistic.the look pretty decent.i completely forgot i had the jakall giron and the mini shads for drop shotting.i just better not see those trash fishermen using live baby bluegills again.i will snap.i'll be taking my camera and an extra batery just in case and i'll let you guys know how it goes.nothing like stalking and sightfishing:Cool:

Cartman
09-21-2011, 07:54 PM
[QUOTE=snakeplissken;579430]since i'll be broke until next week (HBAR i got ya, but when are we going to castaic again?) i figure i'll go out to the 909 to do a little bass slaying.i've seen bass chasing bluegills all over the lake especially in the shallows so with that in mind i modified a few mattlures bluegills and put red pipe cleaners by the gill slits to make them look more realistic.the look pretty decent.i completely forgot i had the jakall giron and the mini shads for drop shotting.i just better not see those trash fishermen using live baby bluegills again.i will snap.i'll be taking my camera and an extra batery just in case and i'll let you guys know how it goes.nothing like stalking and sightfishing:Cool:
[QUOTE]

Hey Snake, what and where is the 909? I have heard some great stories about fishing rock quarries, but I thought they were off limits.

HBAR
09-22-2011, 08:08 PM
I thought you were keeping these locations to yourself "ROCK" hey I think I found your ID card laying in the dirt the other day.