PDA

View Full Version : Fished the middle of Puddingstone

Cartman
09-21-2011, 07:39 PM
I went to the Pudd yesterday with the intention of walking out to the middle of the lake where the shopping cart had been. With rubber boots it was no problem. The mud was very firm in places, and I got all the way out to the point of the mud bar. Man, I learned a lot about that area in front of the crick. I had no idea what it was like under the water. I got pretty far out there in places where I've seen people catch bass and all kinds of fish. It was like being in the middle of the lake. I had heard that there is a sort of canyon toward the cove at the RV park. By fishing out there I could reach pretty far up there into what I think was deep water. I was hoping to catch a carp or maybe two, but I had to settle for one measly redear. I'll be heading out to the Pudd tomorrow to check out other parts of the lake to see how far I can walk out. All I can say is it's crazy sitting out there looking back so far at the bank I have fished so many times before.

depocs
09-21-2011, 07:46 PM
crazy, haha.

rabbit77
09-21-2011, 08:38 PM
let me know how you do tomorrow are the bluegill and redear still up close to shore and biting

TUNAVIC
09-21-2011, 08:47 PM
Wow thats sad! Almost went there today,but decide to get skunked at Legg Lake instead,no fish there either but it doesn't look that bad!

Ifishtoolittle
09-21-2011, 10:30 PM
Since the water is so low you should take a bunch of pics and notes of the structures, water depth, and points.

Cartman
09-22-2011, 08:04 PM
let me know how you do tomorrow are the bluegill and redear still up close to shore and biting

Hi Rabbit. I didn't go to the Pudd today. Checked out a new lake instead, but if you can find a deep spot close to shore I am sure they will bite.

FELIPE
09-23-2011, 02:38 AM
Let us know when the water level goes up, i wanna check the pudd out but dont wanna
go for a slime fest!! That looks real bad saw some pix of it like maybe a month ago wasnt that bad. Are they draining the lake?

Cartman
09-23-2011, 07:33 AM
Let us know when the water level goes up, i wanna check the pudd out but dont wanna
go for a slime fest!! That looks real bad saw some pix of it like maybe a month ago wasnt that bad. Are they draining the lake?

When the rains come the lake will fill back up. May even flood over picnic tables and into parking lots like it did last year.

Fishnfun
09-23-2011, 09:29 AM
Looking at the water level situation from the "cup half full" side. All the fish that were in the lake before the water level went down are still there. Now they are concentrated in a smaller area. Find the concentration of fish and the fishing should be great. How's that for sideways logic.

Cartman
09-24-2011, 07:19 AM
Looking at the water level situation from the "cup half full" side. All the fish that were in the lake before the water level went down are still there. Now they are concentrated in a smaller area. Find the concentration of fish and the fishing should be great. How's that for sideways logic.

That makes perfect sense. You just need to be able to get your line into the deep places...uh, formerly deep places. So much of the lake I am familiar with has a natural gradual slope which is now starting to be above water or too shallow to fish. And then there is the vegetation which loves this shallow warm water and can create a 20' barrier to the water. But I have been thinking the same thing. Same number of fish in less water. Like shooting fish in a barrel, huh?

Dmax
09-27-2011, 11:52 AM
The lake was drained to repair the boat launch ramp.

keepemlo
09-27-2011, 12:03 PM
It's really that shallow? I was there two weeks ago didn't fish but maybe I'll go to sailboat cove and tube around man you got some stones

Jeremy Wade Jr
09-27-2011, 10:28 PM
I said the hell with it and made a nice little investment on a boat.. I was originally going to get a float tube, but an opportunity came up that I just couldn't resist..

http://www.sublogic.net/fishing/puddingstone/slab.jpg

http://www.sublogic.net/fishing/puddingstone/crappie.jpg

some nice slabs out there when you can reach them' best investment ever'

Surfer
09-28-2011, 01:27 AM
Is that a bass raider boat?

Indo-angler
09-28-2011, 02:39 PM
But I have been thinking the same thing. Same number of fish in less water. Like shooting fish in a barrel, huh?

Maybe kind of like what Diamond Valley was like a couple of years ago : water level 46% of capacity and no private boats allowed! Absolutely amazing fishing...uh ...catching!

Jeremy Wade Jr
09-29-2011, 09:25 AM
Is that a bass raider boat?

It's a Pond Prowler. fits perfectly on my rack and is big enough for two people.