PDA

View Full Version : Quaggas, Lagoon ramp closure, and CAST event boaters...

Topwater Terry
09-21-2011, 06:01 PM
Guys-quagga inspections are still due to start in November. Latest is they will have another lane, or at least path, you can get through each time u go in after you have been tagged so you won't need to sit in line behind people who are getting inspected.

Also, lagoon ramp is closed now for 3 months for extension so your trailer wheels don't go off the edge during lower water. New dock is being put in too. Whole ramp is tore up right now. Better stick to your tubes or kayaks or shore fish for now.

Moderators, if this is in the wrong place, I totally apologize, but we are in desperate need of boat captains for the CAST event coming up October 1st. For this event, ya'll can launch off the sand in Paradise Cove. If you are not comfortable with that, you can unhitch and launch with a county truck which will be there. Here is a page with links to Captain registration, please email or fax your forms to Eric Reifman at the lake, his contact info is on the forms: http://www.castaiclake.com/focl.html

SDDave
09-21-2011, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the info Terry, question, so if there going to allow launch at paradise cove for the cast are they going to allow launching there until the ramp is done, I have no problem launching from the sand, just want to ne able to fish the lagoon while it's being repaired, Id hate that they were going exclude boats from beable to use the lagoon.
I hope that discussion goes in the boaters favor!

Topwater Terry
09-21-2011, 10:17 PM
Unfortunately, the word I got today is no launching anywhere for the next three months. They are gonna also be doing a lot of work on the shore over in the Paradise cove area with large bins and heavy equipment. You did not hear it from me, but it might not hurt to talk to Lori at the lake about it, shhhhh....gonna have to stick to the upper lake it looks like...

kaneo
09-22-2011, 08:23 AM
terry, rumors have it that tagged and inspected boats might be using the west ramp ? or they will be having 2 lanes at the main gate, left side for inspected boats, right side boats needing inspection's. and they are going to be installing a booth down near the ramp road by the park area, so when you leave you can get re-tagged there. i was talking with one of the inspectors yesterday. i think his name was james ? really nice guy, he has been at dvl training.. should be pretty easy if your clean and dry !!

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-22-2011, 10:12 AM
Hey Terry, I’ve helped with the Cast event for the last few years, last year they actually let everyone use their gas motors for the event to help the kids…

If that is the case this year, I think it’s worth mentioning….

Also, I would strongly suggest asking the Webmaster if they are alright with posting a link/flyer to the C.A.S.T. (catch a special thrill) event..

Typically they do not allow flyers etc. but since this is a special circumstance, I feel they might make an exception.

I’m sure Eric Reifman can supply you a electronic flyer

For those who don’t know…this event is all about taking mentally disabled/challenged children out fishing on the lagoon….

It’s a wonderful event and a very worthy cause….

I will be looking into Borrowing Hiro’s boat to help but I’m not sure if I can borrow it at this time…

My boat is too small for the kids but Hiro’s does just fine…the last years event had my child driving the boat back….it was quite thrilling for him : )

Anyways…I hope these words reach the people to open their heart and help the kids out….

Sincerely,
Gary

Topwater Terry
09-22-2011, 02:34 PM
Kaneo-have not heard anything about tagged folks using the West ramp, I would doubt that a bit as that ramp is only open for special events such as tournaments, and is only open to the general public on the weekends in the summer. There will be some kind of special line, possibly on the left, for tagged boats.
Gary-I just got the word that boats will be able to use their big engines for CAST, no wake, 5mph like last year...
Terry