PDA

View Full Version : Question if there are Boils from Shore on Dam

cpautovisionz
09-20-2011, 01:02 PM
Hey Guys,

I havent been to castaic for quite some time and usually shore fish. How is the bite or boils from shore? I remember two years ago that the boils were all day along the dam.

dkinla
09-21-2011, 09:01 PM
Wow 107 views so far and nobody has replied! I had thought about this ? too. Hope somebody will share a little knowledge for us poor folk who fish off the dam from the shore. I never saw a boil near the dam... But then again... I haven't been fishin for stripers that long either.

fish-o-haulic
09-21-2011, 09:12 PM
if you want you can take a lonog walk around the lake to a point where when i was there i saw a boil from shore. ask the people in the bait shop if they know.

SDDave
09-21-2011, 09:42 PM
The boils have to be in the water, never seen a boils on the shore or on the dam, it's a water thing you know.... Hehe

Btbdodgers
09-21-2011, 11:05 PM
yesterday there were a couple boils near the damn but to far out for shore fisherman

eddiefishtaco
09-22-2011, 12:26 AM
on hot days theres no much oxygen on top
so the fish goes deep
on hot days fish at night

october and november temps are great for boils

Fishthewhaler
09-22-2011, 01:51 AM
I can share a lil info with you, I was there sat after 12, found boils and it was all shore action, they went off 5 times but the shore guys were all over em, I would have been a tool if I impeded on their action, fish popped up right in front of one of the points and shore guys got triple's.oh yeah ,tuff to watch but WTF, thats fishin,,PM me if you want more 411
FTW