PDA

View Full Version : Need some help! Aerator pump!

BKULIN
09-19-2011, 02:01 PM
I have a 2008 Champion 188 and recently went out and realized my Aerator pump is not working. The light comes on when I hit the switch but thats it. Anyone know what might be the problem besides it going out on me? If anyone has a champion and has done this or if someone knows I would really appreciate it. I got a club tournament Saturday and would like to fish it. Anyone know what pump it might be so I can get a new one and how to access it? I am not that experienced in fixing boats. Thanks.

IN2DEEP
09-19-2011, 04:03 PM
Can you hear it running when the switch is on?
Checked the fuse? (might not be the problem since the light comes on)
Didn't Angler's Marine sell Champions?
Give them a call and find out what pump was installed.
If they are cool, they'll tell you without telling you to bring it in so they can look ($$$) at it.

Socal Bassman
09-19-2011, 10:07 PM
I'm not familiar with Champions but I think all livewell systems are similar. By aerator pump not working, do you mean that your livewell is not filling with water? The aerator switch controls your livewell pump. So, if you turn the switch on, your livewell should fill with water. Sorry but boat terminology can be confusing sometimes. But to my knowledge there is no aerator pump.

Boats usually only have a livewell pump, a bilge pump, and maybe a recirculating pump. However, some models might have independent livewells where each livewell will have its own pump and have two bilge pumps.