PDA

View Full Version : Something Fishy Garbage at the top of the website

ghost2uu
09-19-2011, 01:36 PM
Has anyone clicked on that banner that says "somethings fishy" at the top of the page? Fishing Network, good job supporting the wackos that want the MLPA's enacted. Take that stupid link down from the top of the page. The partnership for sustainable oceans is fighting for our rights to fish in California. Way to show support by linking to the wackos that want to shut us out. Two thumbs up.

ghost2uu
09-19-2011, 01:40 PM
ARE YOU SERIOUS??????
A link from the site above:

PSO Exposed: Industry Fighting Ocean Protection
ShareDespite the eco-friendly name, the PSO is an industry group that is undermining state, federal, and local efforts to protect fragile marine life. The organization, funded largely through the American Sportfishing Association, is a front for out-of-state trade associations, foreign and U.S. fishing gear manufacturers, and other special interests.

Among its prime funders are the foreign fishing equipment manufacturer Shimano (which also makes bicycle equipment), the National Marine Manufacturers Association, and the American Sportfishing Association (ASA).

Despite their phony environmental friendly image making, these groups have a long track record of opposing balanced proposals to protect ocean life. They’ve also have strongly backed anti-environment candidates to undermine state and federal ocean protection laws and cozied up with the then-Bush Administration and anti-environment legislators to torpedo common-sense measures to make sure our oceans are healthy. But even that wasn't extreme enough: they then turned around and tried to gut the Bush Administration's minimal ocean protection measures.

PSO backers:

•Oppose efforts to protect the manatee, which is threatened with extinction on the Endangered Species Act list;
•Oppose state, federal, and international efforts to limit lead sinkers for fishing despite direct links to waterfowl deaths; and
•Support the “lethal removal” of “nuisance” sea lions.

Now they say they want to “put the brakes” on implementation of California’s effort to save our fisheries and marine life. (www.keepamericafishing.org/). They’re pressuring legislators and are engaged in a million dollar misinformation campaign to protect their profits.

They are also taking their battle to the courts.

On January 27, 2011, PSO members United Anglers of Southern California (UASC) and Coastside Fishing Club (CFC), and Robert Fletcher filed a lawsuit against the California Fish and Game Commission to set aside the regulations established by the MLPA process for the North Central and South Coast study regions. (click here)

I will side with Shimano and the ASA for our fight for sound science and sustainable fisheries.

carpanglerdude
09-19-2011, 01:41 PM
Hahaha, I've noticed that lame ad as well. It's probably just keyword generated-i.e., Google Ads sees "Fishing"network and links ads associated with 'fishing'.

Of course, clicking the ad often may send $$$ to FNN, straight from the "wackos that want the MLPA's enacted." Enjoy :)

ghost2uu
09-19-2011, 02:35 PM
Good job on making those pennies at our cost.

DockRat
09-19-2011, 02:45 PM
I'm wondering why there is a UV lamp ad?
DR

evosamurai
09-19-2011, 03:48 PM
where are these ads?? maybe my adblock on firefox is working cause i see no ads thats a good thing

smokehound
09-23-2011, 07:23 AM
I think the ads are influenced by cookies. I seem to only get the Something's Fishy crap when I clear cookies, and empty the cache.