PDA

View Full Version : Good Summer Fun @ the Vine! (9-16-11)

TaperSteve
09-19-2011, 11:07 AM
I got a late start so I didn't arrive at the lake till after 7pm. After paying my fishing fee's and launching my boat I headed for my 1st spot I wanted to try. As I approached I could see someone was already in the spot. As I was on my way to try a new spot I metered a nice little hole holding some fish. I made a U-turn and anchored up 25 feet away from it.

After anchoring up I baited up each of my 2 rods with a different bait both dipped/soaked in Bite-On Cajun. I cast both into the hole I had metered. Withing 10 mins I got my 1st hit but the cat didnt stick. I got another couple quick hits but after 30 mins I stopped getting hit. 20 mins went by with nothing and I could see the spot I 1st wanted to try had opened up so I decided to reel in, pull anchor, and move spots.

I reeled in my 1st rod and I could see it was in salad, no wonder why it wasn't getting hit. So i go to reel in my 2nd rod and I notice I had forgot to turn my clicker on and you guessed it, there was a fish on it and half my spool was gone! :EyePop: Rookie move I know and I tried to reel in as much as I could but eventually I hit a snag and the fish was obviously gone.

I probably should have stayed in that spot but I still pulled anchored and headed over to the other spot I 1st wanted to try. Things werent happening so I tried another 2 new spots after that for nothing before deciding to head back to that 1st spot. I started getting bite again right away and before long I had my 1st cat of the night!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/TaperSteve/9-16-11/DSCF0123.jpg

2nd cat of the night!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/TaperSteve/9-16-11/DSCF0124.jpg

Double hook up after that for my 3rd and 4th cats of the night!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/TaperSteve/9-16-11/DSCF0127.jpg

By now it was just about time to start heading in for the night (11:40pm). I wish I would have stayed in this spot for the whole night im sure I woulda limited out. 4 fish in 4 hours and I got to try 3 new spots. Im trying to test out as many new spot before the King of the Cats next month.

I cant wait for the Dana Rea Memorial 22 hour tournament this weekend at the Vine! It's going to be sooo much fun! I hope to see y'all there!

:Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana:

TaperSteve

WOODWARD7
09-19-2011, 11:11 AM
we were there saturday from 6am to 9pm the catfish bite was wide open all day long. all 4 of us got limits with a total stringer of 60lbs. a few cats hit 5lbs but the rest were all 3 or 4s. see ya at the dana this weekend slay emm.

5150fishn
09-19-2011, 01:15 PM
4 kittys in 4 hours, not to shabby at all. Nice job Steve. Thanks for the report and I will see you this weekend for Dana's tourney.

hooks
09-19-2011, 01:56 PM
:Applause::Applause:
:Beer Toast:
Lookin' forward to Sat.
cya,

Hitts0n
09-19-2011, 10:23 PM
Oh I have a nice spot to hit! I sent someone there and they caught 17 total ! Hhehehehehehehehe! See you saturday brotha!
Congrats !!

troutdog
09-19-2011, 10:29 PM
WTG Steve-o, Saturday is going to be a blast!

TD

Big Daddy
09-19-2011, 10:44 PM
You better hope they don't grab your ear steve-o. Were they trying to tell you the hot spots. lol Great job Brotha

Hometown
09-19-2011, 10:55 PM
nice steve see you saturday