PDA

View Full Version : Just Returned from Eastern Serrias 09 / 17

JapanRon
09-18-2011, 09:04 PM
Hey guys,

Just got back yesterday. Over 100 photos so I'll do a big report but will give a short report now.

Info based on fishing Bishop to Bridgeport fishing experience.

Weather- Great no real weather issues really. Growing wind conditons from Thursday on June loop and later further south on Friday. Not even close to freezing and no temps above 80.

Lakes fished Bishop to Bridgeport .... 13 in all. All great water levels except Pleastvalley was a little low.

Bugs- No mosquitos. Lots of 3/8 inch black bugs that didn't bother one and didn't swarm. Lots of black and yellow striped bee or wasp-like guys. Other flyguys I talked to fish mostly big giant half nymph half muddler kinda thingy.

Fish Plants- Some lakes like Crowley got two plants last week. As well as almost every lake and creek I fished (many, many, many) were planted Monday and some again Friday morning.

Lures- I caught fish on flies and both spinners and small spoons in almost every lake I fished. Weird that guys were saying they could only catch fish on bait and very few fish at that !! I ain't that great a freshwater guy but .... gotta be honest anybody should have got limits with not too much effort.

Water- Owens to Sabrina great fishable creek levels, East Walker also fantastic, Bishop both forks good levels and lots of fish !!

Thanks for the advice before going and await my big report.

phishin phool
09-18-2011, 10:04 PM
Lookin forward to your detailed report as I'm headin up on wed for 5 days. But this is in the wrong forum, look for nor. cal. fresh/eastern sierra reports. Later.

HunterAndy
09-20-2011, 04:09 PM
Just got back from mule deer/black bear hunting in bridgeport x12 area. The areas you fished are one of my favorites and one can argue that it might be the best in california. Didnt have time to fish since i was preoccupied with hunting although i had my gear. Glad you had a blast and every one i talked to said they did fantastic the same days you were there!

GdHkSet1
09-20-2011, 05:28 PM
Hey guys,

Just got back yesterday. Over 100 photos so I'll do a big report but will give a short report now.

Info based on fishing Bishop to Bridgeport fishing experience.

Weather- Great no real weather issues really. Growing wind conditons from Thursday on June loop and later further south on Friday. Not even close to freezing and no temps above 80.

Lakes fished Bishop to Bridgeport .... 13 in all. All great water levels except Pleastvalley was a little low.

Bugs- No mosquitos. Lots of 3/8 inch black bugs that didn't bother one and didn't swarm. Lots of black and yellow striped bee or wasp-like guys. Other flyguys I talked to fish mostly big giant half nymph half muddler kinda thingy.

Fish Plants- Some lakes like Crowley got two plants last week. As well as almost every lake and creek I fished (many, many, many) were planted Monday and some again Friday morning.

Lures- I caught fish on flies and both spinners and small spoons in almost every lake I fished. Weird that guys were saying they could only catch fish on bait and very few fish at that !! I ain't that great a freshwater guy but .... gotta be honest anybody should have got limits with not too much effort.

Water- Owens to Sabrina great fishable creek levels, East Walker also fantastic, Bishop both forks good levels and lots of fish !!

Thanks for the advice before going and await my big report.

Thanks Japan Ron,
We are heading up to the June loop this thursday night for a friday dawn patrol and for 3 days. Look forward on hitting some places I have'nt fished yet.

Which Way Out
09-20-2011, 05:38 PM
Thanks Ron.

I heading up to Parchers mid Oct. Hope the weather holds out for us.

seal
09-21-2011, 08:39 AM
We were up there at the same time. Fly fishing was very good for us also, I think I only broke out the spinning rod 2x's, streamers were Matuka's, buggers (cinamon and black with red head), on the nymph's they were hammering Prince's and Flashback Pheasant tails on the dropper or just nymphing.

Sure was nice weather huh?

1HR2BBL
09-21-2011, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the report. Im heading up to Bridgeport Monday - Thursday. :-)