PDA

View Full Version : So Cal A.M. 8/14

DavidE
08-14-2007, 02:17 PM
Did the 1/2 day 'cuz the 3/4 looked way packed.

Chovies were better this week and the cudas were out !!!!!!!

All in all I landed three cudas, two Sandies and a short Hali. During the day I got bit off four times. All four of those were JP winners. :evil: I hate it when that happens....

Anyways cudas were WFO on three of our four stops. Guys were throwing iron and plastics and others, me included, were using bait. Fishing with finbait may be boring for some but then again this is just inshore fishing :)

The JP was a nice log probably in the 8-9 pound range. (The four I lost were all well over that ) :wink:

The young lady that won last week with the Sheep was second place this week. If I go again next Tues and shes there I'm not playing.

Thats it for my report. I'll hand it over to Japan Ron as I saw him boarding as we were leaving. Tight Lines to all ...

Peace

Baseballer44
08-14-2007, 02:21 PM
were you guys out at the flats?

Funjunkie74
08-14-2007, 02:26 PM
DavidE, thanks for the report.

Curious. Did you throw any irons/jigs today? Or were you strictly live bait? Why??

FJ74

DavidE
08-14-2007, 02:28 PM
yup!!! All day but you couldn't see anything because of all the fog !!!

We didn't even hit the shoe because the fishin has been rough lately. So the captain says he was gonna head back to where they had good luck on Mon. Thank goodness he did, it was a fun trip!!

DavidE
08-14-2007, 02:33 PM
DavidE, thanks for the report.

Curious. Did you throw any irons/jigs today? Or were you strictly live bait? Why??

FJ74

I threw some plastics in the early a.m. for only a few short bites. I guess I was having so much fun catching the barries on bait I just went with the flow. If it aint broke why fix it??

I'm going to Catalina Sunday so I'll be throwin iron and plastic for sure !!!

IslandBoi
08-14-2007, 03:09 PM
Man David, nice going dude, me and my buddy Oz were thinking bout going out this morning, maybe next time

4g63power
08-14-2007, 04:50 PM
wtg david...1/2day bass and cuda is always fun..

halo16
08-14-2007, 05:44 PM
DavidE,

Thanks for the fast report, those cudas are fun stuff. i wish some bonita and of course yellows were mixed in. i feel like i'm still waiting for summer to get started lol

Thanks

pineapple express
08-14-2007, 08:19 PM
right on brah...!!! sounds like you had fun for sure...
i hate when you loose the potential JP... that always bites.
that seems to be my deal lately on my last few outings.
hook up into something HUGE fight em fer a little or some times
a long battle then......snap :cry: i hope to turn that around on our
trip in sept... 8)

no one does reports like japan ron... he da man...!!!

PE

FISHNMOFO
08-14-2007, 10:35 PM
i was out there at the flats today and yesterday! man that fog was really bad today! got about 20 cudas c&r and one seagull c&r.

DavidE
08-15-2007, 08:29 AM
Yea Boi !! Hit me up the next time you guys go on a tues or Weds. My work is pretty flexible and half days work really good!!

Halo - there were a couple bones landed and they were pretty decent fish!! No yellows though :cry:

Pineapple Express - What up Doh!!! Yea man I was working my Curado 300 set up for real!! That little real has some nuts dude!! If we find some smaller grade yellows on the paddies in Sept thats gonna be my go to set up. BTW The first two day trip came back yesterday. Quan says they stayed in U.S. waters and had a decent count on Albies. It was something like 65 for 14 anglers.

Mofo - was that you fishin solo by the So cal?? That fog was crazy thick !!!