PDA

View Full Version : Seven Seas .......Italian flavored

Nipple Twister
09-18-2011, 06:45 PM
Staying with my weekend plan of going with the surf forcast I had to venture a bit further today...

Time: 0600hrs
A.O: ******* ****
Surf: 1' or less, glassy
Temp: Cool 60s, cloudy
Water clarity: good
Water temp: ukn
Bait: Team Member LC Flash Minnow American Shad, KM spotted

Picked a area with a bit more structure to it and a LOT more hiking to get to the "zone". Conditions seemed favorable as I assended upon the front and decided a right flank attack would be the best start......WRONG! Salad, salad, and more salad.......oh did I mention the salad? Every cast was a retieve with a ball of , oh what is it ..... SALAD! Add tomotos and you got lunch...... :Angry:
Anyway, stayed with it, picked some hole throughout the enemy line....improvised, adapted and overcame. Within the first hour I got hit and El Bendo! :Dancing Banana:
Not too much trouble bring it ashore but was rewarded with:
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w64/nippletwister_photos/Fishing/AbaloneCove091811.jpg

Seemed promising, stayed with it and covered that entire area. I could see some allies to my south so I decided to work my way in thier direction and add support.
Got lots of casting/retieveing done but nothing for it but SALAD! Some of those I spotted where already packing it in except for one lonesome fighter. As we passed chatted some, had a very familier face....hmm, not sure where but seen him somewhere (was my pleasure my friend:Wink:).
I was last to leave at 0930hrs, beat the :Skunk:, got more intel and had a blast...

Tight lines everyone, 'til next time, thanks for listening......tomorrow a new A.O. The BU!

Which Way Out
09-18-2011, 06:53 PM
Nice. What did it tape out at?

PONTOON
09-18-2011, 08:38 PM
NT, Are you telling me you have tomorrow off to hit the surf?:LOL:

Great job on the halibut and good luck to you tomorrow wherever you fish! You've got the bug Dude!:Cool:

DockRat
09-18-2011, 08:48 PM
WTG on Da Butt. How big ?
DR

murrieta angler
09-19-2011, 09:52 AM
Someone has "Butt Fever"!
Good job working the clean spots, you were rewarded with a skunk beater.
Thanks for the report,
Robert
<><

Nipple Twister
09-19-2011, 08:10 PM
Which Way Out
Nice. What did it tape out at?

Thank you, .... dunno, it clearly appeared to me as "short" and I wanted to get it back to water as soon as I could so skipped the tape measure..... quick check using the rod, 'bout 18"

PONTOON
NT, Are you telling me you have tomorrow off to hit the surf?

Great job on the halibut and good luck to you tomorrow wherever you fish! You've got the bug Dude!

Yeah buddy .... RDO baby which I was planning for since my vacation :Dancing Banana:
Been wanting to try this one spot I have seen dozens of times. Was talkin with fellow fisherperson and was telling me how well they did there recently, wave and beach conditions hammered me ...skunked...
Did some recon for a future mission on my way back, ended up gettin wet there too .......skunked...:Embarrassed:

Thx for commenting ........a bug, naaaa, it's a sickness and I got a temp of 103! ...WHOO HOO BABY.....BRING IT ON! :Big Grin:

DockRat
WTG on Da Butt. How big ?
DR

Thx DR, appreciate the comments ...... 'bout 18" :Secret:

murrieta angler
Someone has "Butt Fever"!
Good job working the clean spots, you were rewarded with a skunk beater.
Thanks for the report,
Robert
<><

YEAH ...certified! Thx Robert ...... but seriously I don't know what took me so long to start doing this. The conditions where perfect except for that which kicked my butt.....I got blisters on both feet from doing so much walking the past three days in boot bottom waders :Explode:

It's all good ......again thx for the comments...

Karyn
09-19-2011, 08:58 PM
I was waiting for the garlic and olive oil... Just kidding. Thanks for a great report : )