PDA

View Full Version : Aright here it is... Day Two Bonus

Which Way Out
09-17-2011, 09:48 PM
Got the itch to take the lead in the SWAT OFF and have been jones-in to do a Photo shoot of the leading Halibut.
Well everything was set. Camera battery charged. Brand new Factory Tuned LC secured to the Revo/Clarus. Geared up the Jeep and headed out to a proven Kill zone.

:Sad: I found my zone was trashed. And I mean, really trashed. Someones boat capsized and anything that could float, drift or wash up on the beach was scattered everywhere. There were ropes, plastic of all kinds, cardboard you name it. I even reeled in a metal bracket of some sort:Crying: .

Anyway I worked a mile of beach 2x's and only came up with 1 shovelnose. It was time to rethink my plan. So I hooked up with G-Mart and sat down and had some lunch. Well lunch was great. Scallops, Shrimp with dried tomato's over Pasta. Dang I should of taken a pic of it. Would of been pic of the day. Oh yea I did mention 2 ice cold adult beverages hummmmmmm.

Oh I digress. We were reporting on fishing, right? Ok plan 2. Get closer to home and see what I can find. Well I reluctantly replaced the LC after not getting anything to hit. So I tied up a killer drop shot rig. Toss it out and work. Over and over and then Tap Tap. Notice I didn't say BAM ! 12" halibut don't Bam :Sad:.
No skunk whoooo hooooo.
Work it a little more and get a TA, not even a TAP but a TA. So lets see what the heck the was. Toss it out and sure enough TAP, take and set the hook. Now if you have been reading this thinking it was gonna be the big one, your wrong. All the big one's are reserved for you know who:Wink:

Well I got a tip from someone on the beach that got a 22" and a 19" today, so I gonna see whats left tomorrow. :Secret:

Keep Smiling its only fishing not rocket science.:Envious:

exfactor
09-18-2011, 12:12 AM
TA TA TA Take the rest of the day off!!!!!!!! Maybe the hammer is in order Bill.

Which Way Out
09-18-2011, 08:53 AM
TA TA TA Take the rest of the day off!!!!!!!! Maybe the hammer is in order Bill.

Hammer time!! I think I know which one to use. You set me up with a few awhile back Huh...:Wink:

Wingnut
09-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Good effort Bill... I hope the action heats up in your backyard or you may have to drive down here to make a run at the leaderboard. :LOL:
I couldn't get back out there this morning, but a couple of our Brothers got themselves legals today. :Envious:

PONTOON
09-18-2011, 11:40 AM
Bill,

Believe me I've had plenty of days like this and I'm sure I'll have plenty more and I like your style for re-grouping. Nothing beats a good lunch to sit and contemplate the next method of attack.:Cool:

Keep the reports coming. If I can't get to the water it's always fun to read the reports.:Thumbs Up:

SP Dan
09-18-2011, 12:11 PM
Hey Which Way Out!

It's Sunday and I'm here at work reading your post wishing I could be out there hitting the trenches today! It sounds like you had a fun secession!

Thanks for the report! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

Which Way Out
09-18-2011, 05:46 PM
Good effort Bill... I hope the action heats up in your backyard or you may have to drive down here to make a run at the leaderboard. :LOL:
I couldn't get back out there this morning, but a couple of our Brothers got themselves legals today. :Envious:

Bill,

Believe me I've had plenty of days like this and I'm sure I'll have plenty more and I like your style for re-grouping. Nothing beats a good lunch to sit and contemplate the next method of attack.:Cool:

Keep the reports coming. If I can't get to the water it's always fun to read the reports.:Thumbs Up:

Hey Which Way Out!

It's Sunday and I'm here at work reading your post wishing I could be out there hitting the trenches today! It sounds like you had a fun secession!

Thanks for the report! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

First of all thanks for the input, advise and moral support to all of you.

Anyway I hit it again today with everything in the bag. Most of the water was unfishable. Ton's of salad everywhere. Where did this stuff come from? We haven't had any major wind or storms, but its piled up all along a favorite cove. Arthur I think you know the place well:Wink:
Well there were interesting pockets that had nice clean sandy bottoms. There were reefs I could reach even with a drop shot rig. I worked for hours and nothing, not even a hit. So I backed up the beach to get a better view from a higher vantage point. I saw so many places that called out, Fish here! So I sat awhile and waited for the tide to go slack a little. Had a strong right to left current pushing like normal. Big trench, current, sandy bottom ( OK Bones add PIC Here :Envious:) It all said that I could take the lead in the SWAT OFF leader board. NOT :Crying:
Well another Skunk for me today. (Sunday) The leader board is safe for now.

I don't think I ever tried so hard to get just one fish.
Thankfully I brought along a bottle of water. I found myself getting a bit nauseous for not having any breakfast and it was getting to be around 2:30pm. The water helped so I hoofed it back to my Jeep and home.

Well I have another weekend before I go and goof off at Lake Havasu for a few days. Golf and Boating. And you know I'll have a fishing rod with me. Stay tuned for a River report after.

Wingnut
09-18-2011, 07:35 PM
Lots of kelp beds in that area Bill. Water warms up, kelp dies and washes up to shore. happens a couple of times a year, so I noticed.

You made a couple of good runs at the leaderboard, too bad the Flatties weren't cooperating. :Neutral: The trio on the top can breathe a sigh of relief, for now... :Wink:

Yoda (Mikey) just gave me some great intel on some good stuff going on up there right now... :Wink: :Secret: :Big Grin:

DockRat
09-18-2011, 08:51 PM
Thnx for the post.
DR

murrieta angler
09-19-2011, 09:48 AM
Bill, Bill, Bill....
At least you had the opportuntiy to give it a whack.
I will be trying this week to get my first ever 30" hali from the surf.
You ALL will know if I do...:Big Grin:
Robert
<><