PDA

View Full Version : Perris with Pete Sat 9/17/2011

fishboy12
09-17-2011, 08:02 PM
Got an early B-day present and my son and I booked a trip with Pete Marino. We started out in the fog workin some topwater. We got 6 blowups and 4 fish in the boat. Then Pete moved us to some structure for dropshotting and it went wide open for about 45 minutes. The bite cooled off and we went to fish a ledge. The bite went wide open again for probably an hour. The score and the end of the day was 34 LMB between the 3 of us. Had some laughs, talked some smack and had a great time learning Perris.:Envious:

HawgStalker
09-18-2011, 07:49 AM
Thats not a bad bday present at all!

Pete's an awesome guide...

bassgrabber1
09-18-2011, 09:06 AM
Looks like you guys hit all the good areas! WTG and Happy B-day.

TheAsianGuy
09-18-2011, 06:35 PM
No kidding. Looks like Pete did a great job parking at the right spots. Great jobs you guys.

Pete Marino
09-18-2011, 10:22 PM
Thanks guys!!!..
I know ALL of the right spots....lol

I took Mark and his son Joseph to some productive areas today including a couple sunken boats that dont get much presure. We smoked them today in 2-50ft of water. Topwater stuff early but wasnt as good as I had hoped... Its all good because we went out to deep structure and pounded them in several different areas. We had several double hookups and almost one triple hookup..missed it by 30 seconds..
There was alot of trash talk between son and father, usually started by the son...hahhahaha
On top of the 34 bass we boated, we had a total of about 10-12 other bass that either didnt hookup or missed bites.. all in all a great day on the water with mostly SOLID Perris bass biting on all of my spots.
All shallow topwater bass were caught on walking type baits and all of the deep bass were caught on dropshotted plastics.. Happy Birthday Mark...You and Joseph did a great job out there.

Pete

PeteMarinoGuideService.com
(909) 241-8283 cell
(909) 510-5679 office

TheAsianGuy
09-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Hm..I know I recognized that boat! Next time I see you, I'll say hi.

Hog Caller
09-19-2011, 12:08 PM
Saw you guys out there Saturday in the fog/mist. We got a few on top as well, but did better out deeper also.
Great job on putting father and son on the fish.
Did save a 4lb bass with a hand size bluegill stuck in his throat by the inlet tower. The bluegill and the bass both swam away after some help. Wide open on the dam with senkos if you want to catch ten 4-6" bass to every one 2 pounder. Smallest bass I've ever caught. The senko was bigger. What do they think when they do that? I guess thats why they get bluegill stuck in their throats...lol

Brent

Pete Marino
09-19-2011, 02:02 PM
Yeah Brent...Tis the season for those rat Bass on the Dam...They arent worth the bait used to catch them.. I literally dont go anywhere near the dam this time of year...
Ive seen that same thing AT LEAST 10 times this year at Perris with bass having bluegill in their mouths...Ive too have saved quite a few from sure death...
The AsianGuy...when you see me out there say Hello..

Pete

fishboy12
09-19-2011, 02:07 PM
Hog caller were you the one that farmed that fish because you were on your cell phone? I think DFG should pass a law that you cannot talk on a cellphone or text while fishing. I've lost a fish before that way too. We had a great time and you all might see my son Joseph and I out there soon.

Greg Springman
09-21-2011, 03:57 PM
Great job on the numbers of LMB bounced on the deck of Pete's boat. Fishing with Pete is a great way to spend a B-day, I did the same thing myself in August. I was going back and forth with myself whether to go to the Jewel or Perris this last Saturday. I chose the Jewel. Sounds like the bite at Perris is still going on strong?? Should of went to Perris, not that DVL wasn’t any good either. I’m fishing this Friday by myself…….Pete, you have any tips or advice if I go to Perris this Friday? Also you going to be out there? If you are, let me know, I’ll bring you some salmon steaks from my fruitful Oregon trip.

Pete Marino
09-21-2011, 04:38 PM
Hey Greg...

Call or text me when you can and Ill give you some details... Im going tomorrow but not Friday...Id love some salmon steaks..Ive been craving some since you told me you were going there...

Pete