PDA

View Full Version : Skinner 9/16 Boilin'

P.A.W.
09-17-2011, 01:50 PM
The stripers were out boiling all morning. Still the sub-three pounders is the norm, but my friend Bill had his favorite lure taken by something considerably bigger. :Bawling: I stopped by the inlet and saw a bunch of boats there, but don't know how they did. The boils were moving fairly fast but were mostly along the north shore from the mid-lake bouy back to the entrance to the east end. Things kinda died down around 11:00 so I headed home. I c&r'd at least a dozen and gave a couple away.

I'll be on it Sunday for sure.

JAG107
09-17-2011, 07:27 PM
Nice! Now I really wish I didn't have to work this weekend...
Were all your bites on topwater, or did you get some on the troll?

P.A.W.
09-17-2011, 07:48 PM
A few on topwater, but they were short striking it and missing alot. Most fish were caught on my Rapala slashbait both on the troll and throwing into boils. I wet the U-rig a bit while I ate my sandwich but no takers in the 15-20 minutes I dragged it around.

P.A.W.
09-18-2011, 01:10 PM
I went back today 9/18 Sunday. Sun came out and Mr. stripey went down. A few very early boils and that's it. Visited the inlet and saw the bait guys catching some dinks but overall pretty slow. So I'll give you a LMB report. I just got a pack of Roboworm Morning dawn and tried them out along the north shoreline. Fished the tules and around the weedbeds for a bunch of small but fun fish on a weightless rig. Then moved out to deeper water and found fish keyed on structure in 16-25 feet near the bottom. Dropshotted the same robo and found some nice 2-4 lbers.

All in all a beautiful day but fishing was a little difficult. You can find 'em but you gotta earn 'em.

skunked again
09-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the post. I always like reading your stories.