PDA

View Full Version : My first time at DVL, KPN put me on fish, 9/16/2011

fishinone
09-16-2011, 10:52 PM
Khanh asked me yesterday to go to DVL with him and a buddy. I'm on vacation next week and asked the boss to let me take an extra day. He said go ahead. :Smile:

The other guy called when we were on the ramp and cancelled. We rented a boat at about 9:00am and went on the troll for about an hour for no hits.

Khanh picked a spot, we set up in about 200 feet.

Five minutes later it was on. We were hooked up on a double.

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/DVL%20%20First%20Day%20of%20my%20vacation%202011/IMG00793-20110916-1019.jpg

Khanh landed this 7lb 5oz fish.

I picked up a schoolie.

Well, it was still on!

We hardly had time to breath.

The action was tremendous.

By 12:00 or 12:30 we were culling. We had several double hook ups. We missed lots of strikes. We tangled over and over when the fish swept the lines. We caught fish after fish. We caught over 30 fish. Most of them in 2 hours!

We would get a 5 minute break and about the time we would grab something to eat drink or try to tie a knot another pole would take off.

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/DVL%20%20First%20Day%20of%20my%20vacation%202011/IMG00794-20110916-1202.jpg

I finally got a couple 5 lbers, here's on of them.

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/DVL%20%20First%20Day%20of%20my%20vacation%202011/IMG00796-20110916-1914.jpg

Here's the days catch minus one that Khanh gave away.

Khanh schooled me today, he got the two biggest fish and caught a fish or two more than I did. He also caught a nice catfish (Top Row Left)

SDDave
09-16-2011, 11:09 PM
Nice job Guys on putting together a good day on a lake you don't fish as much, Khanh, sure like that cap your wearing.... hint hint hint...

MikesOcean
09-16-2011, 11:51 PM
Great job boys!!!

The smiles are worth a million bucks!

And them stripey's are worth a ZILLION BUCKS!!

Keep them awesome reports coming in. Being on your vacation I'm sure we will be getting more
Great reports. Kpn always makes the fish looks so big when he holds em. Gotta love it!

Again awesome job
MikesOcean

Fishthewhaler
09-17-2011, 01:05 AM
Sounds like a stellar day at the jewel. Quality and quantity, makes the drive worth it,plus on those good days, it gives you plenty to talk about on the ride home!!.were you guys using fresh cut bait...I might go this week, see if you guys left any for me to slay...Tell KPN I said hi, long time n see.
FTW

twcthfsh
09-17-2011, 05:49 AM
What a day--congrats! Any specific depth you were fishing at and what bait did you use?

dixoncider
09-17-2011, 07:36 AM
Nice..!!.thanks for the report...

koifish
09-17-2011, 07:58 AM
Nice catch guys. I'll be there next week.

diamondbear
09-17-2011, 04:11 PM
WAY TO SLAY GUYS , nice fish , being on a wide open bite is so cool .

trail blazer
09-17-2011, 04:22 PM
Rite on RON and KANH!

You guys SLAYDDDDDDDD.

You sure you got the wt right on the 1 kan is holding,,,??????looks to be abought 30 or 40 lbs

TRAIL BLAZER

GdHkSet1
09-17-2011, 06:23 PM
We'll done fellas, heavy stringer.. hopefully my turn this sunday..

TroutOnly
09-18-2011, 07:49 AM
BAITBOYS,,,,,,,,,,,I KNOW WHERE THAT SPOT IS ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NICE FISH RON-KAHN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,s/o,,,,,,,,,,,

Karyn
09-18-2011, 11:30 AM
Fishinone- you've got me all pumped up now for DVL! I haven't been for a while, I'm thinkin' it's time for to take a little trip! great photos! Looks like you guys tore it up out there! :)

fishinone
09-18-2011, 04:14 PM
Nice job Guys on putting together a good day on a lake you don't fish as much, Khanh, sure like that cap your wearing.... hint hint hint...

Thanks Dave. I was thinking about putting that hat in my tackle box at the end of the day.

Great job boys!!!

The smiles are worth a million bucks!

And them stripey's are worth a ZILLION BUCKS!!

Keep them awesome reports coming in. Being on your vacation I'm sure we will be getting more
Great reports. Kpn always makes the fish looks so big when he holds em. Gotta love it!

Again awesome job
MikesOcean

Thanks Mike, do we receive that in cash or will we have to take installments?:Razz:

Sounds like a stellar day at the jewel. Quality and quantity, makes the drive worth it,plus on those good days, it gives you plenty to talk about on the ride home!!.were you guys using fresh cut bait...I might go this week, see if you guys left any for me to slay...Tell KPN I said hi, long time n see.
FTW

Thanks FTW. We used Fresh frozen sardines. I'm always telling people to get fresh and freeze it unless your going to use it the same day, IMO it's better than leaving it on ice over night and it will stay good for a few weeks . I put mine in a cardboard bow in the freezer to keep the defrost cycle from ruining it.

What a day--congrats! Any specific depth you were fishing at and what bait did you use?

We don't really know the depth, we rented a basic boat but about 200 ft.

Nice..!!.thanks for the report...

Our pleasure!:LOL:

Nice catch guys. I'll be there next week.

You should do well! Good luck.

WAY TO SLAY GUYS , nice fish , being on a wide open bite is so cool .

Thanks, it's cool but I was exhausted after a couple hours of that.

Rite on RON and KANH!

You guys SLAYDDDDDDDD.

You sure you got the wt right on the 1 kan is holding,,,??????looks to be abought 30 or 40 lbs

TRAIL BLAZER

Yea! We weighed it with 2 scales. It must have been pretty skinny without it's air bladder inflated. It had a big head though.

We'll done fellas, heavy stringer.. hopefully my turn this sunday..

Good luck out there! It's worth the trip. I'm working on when I can get back out there.

BAITBOYS,,,,,,,,,,,I KNOW WHERE THAT SPOT IS ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NICE FISH RON-KAHN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,(s/o = Skunk Only):Razz:,,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks Bob. We trust you to keep that spot, under you KPN hat.

Fishinone- you've got me all pumped up now for DVL! I haven't been for a while, I'm thinkin' it's time for to take a little trip! great photos! Looks like you guys tore it up out there! :)

Thank you, I read my own report today and noticed that I was kind of excited when I wrote it.

If you know what your doing and have some DVL experience, GO FOR IT.

If your going out there to sort it out, hire Trout Only to take you and show you the ropes. That place is huge! Most of the fish are probably in a few places.

IN2DEEP
09-18-2011, 06:36 PM
Last edited by fishinone; Today at 04:32 PM. Reason: spelin

You funny guy!

Bet you miss seeing them swim under the boat with your electronics

You guys must have brought your own anchor(s) to be able to anchor out that deep?

Looking forward....

Scott

fishinone
09-18-2011, 08:03 PM
Last edited by fishinone; Today at 04:32 PM. Reason: spelin

You funny guy!

Bet you miss seeing them swim under the boat with your electronics

You guys must have brought your own anchor(s) to be able to anchor out that deep?

Looking forward....

Scott

LOL, Yea I felt a little handicapped at first but soon found out that it didn't matter.

We had one of my anchors. The guy who cancelled was supposed to bring another.

Big Daddy
09-18-2011, 08:05 PM
Great job on the fish when I called Kahn he couldn't talk because you guys kept getting bit. Ypou guys were on fire. Glad you had a great time it has been Great fishing you just can't keep from tearing them up (fish are everywhere).

Geraldlim
09-18-2011, 10:16 PM
Nice to meet you that day. Did not get a chance to talk to you so did not know who you were, but now I know.

fishinone
09-19-2011, 06:08 PM
Great job on the fish when I called Kahn he couldn't talk because you guys kept getting bit. Ypou guys were on fire. Glad you had a great time it has been Great fishing you just can't keep from tearing them up (fish are everywhere).

Thank you, That was funny. Mid sentence, "I got a bite, I'll call you back." It's like a complete fish report there's no need for more information.

Nice to meet you that day. Did not get a chance to talk to you so did not know who you were, but now I know.

Nice to meet you Gerald. I guess you saw me on one of the few moments when I'm quiet. A privilege for sure!

I hope to see you out there again soon.