PDA

View Full Version : Perris panfish morning

fishmounter
09-16-2011, 03:46 PM
Fished LP this morning in float tubes with FNN Friends Vortec Cruiser, Cartman, and Sir Bluegill. Met a guy named Larry that did good with his flyrod and sinking line. Saw d1LedHed on his boat, but he moved before I could kick over to him. Morning was overcast and misty, no sun until about 11:00. We fish Bernasconi and the south end of the dam area. The Bluegill and Redears are in deeper water, 15 to 25 feet. Fishing was not great, but all of us did pretty good on fish up to 10 inches. I think I caught about 13 fish. Left around noon. Boy the water level sure has dropped.
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/BG9-17.jpg
Larry hooks up:
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/BGLarry.jpg
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/BG39-17-11-1.jpg

SirBluegill
09-16-2011, 03:58 PM
I think I ended the day with only five fish, most where on the paddle over to you guys and one at the buoy line. Biggest one was 8 inchers, two 7 inchers and two small guys. The water was not bad at all, it was warm.

Kelster
09-16-2011, 04:15 PM
That's what happened to me a couple of weeks ago and finally had to really fish for LMB w/ the drop shot. Caught biggest bass w/ my pan fish rig though. Where have the pan fish gone? They are not in the east end, found a few on leeward side of the island 3 weeks ago, all deep. Has anyone tried down by the tire reef? Hey it's still better then being at work..

fishmounter
09-16-2011, 04:22 PM
The panfish are there, I saw a few people bringing a fish in on almost every cast... just not us..Ha!

Kelster
09-16-2011, 04:27 PM
Jeff, you need to troll a super duper....LOL
I've been spoiled this year, been catching more then fishing, my time will come soon and I won't be in the double digits. I was wondering how this weather has effected the bite, seems like not much. As soon as I get the OK from the boss and Dr I will be back out there chasing the wiggle on my rod.

jpod
09-16-2011, 06:22 PM
Fished LP this morning in float tubes with FNN Friends Vortec Cruiser, Cartman, and Sir Bluegill. Met a guy named Larry that did good with his flyrod and sinking line. Saw d1LedHed on his boat, but he moved before I could kick over to him. Morning was overcast and misty, no sun until about 11:00. We fish Bernasconi and the south end of the dam area. The Bluegill and Redears are in deeper water, 15 to 25 feet. Fishing was not great, but all of us did pretty good on fish up to 10 inches. I think I caught about 13 fish. Left around noon. Boy the water level sure has dropped.
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/BG9-17.jpg
Larry hooks up:
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/BGLarry.jpg
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/BG39-17-11-1.jpg
the water is so low shore fishing is almost impossible so much vegetaion on the east side gonna hit up bernasconi tomarrow evening is ther alot of vegetaion on the shore over ther too ?

fishmounter
09-16-2011, 06:40 PM
Walk down to the left as you face the lake. There's some rocks down toward the dam before the "Keep Out" area and I don't think there are as many weeds out in the water there. May have to make long casts to get out to the fish zone though.

d1LedHed
09-16-2011, 07:04 PM
Thought it was you guys - I named 3 out of four. Didn't want to crowd you guys - after your chatty Cathy episode... We heard it all the way down in the corner.

Yesterday I got a lot of fish where you guys were at – closer to the ravine side. Did real well today also. Fish are suspended over deep water – have to count down. Dragging the bottom was really slow. Using the same jigs – Belly spinners, Autos, & Semi-autos, and crickets.

Fishing in the Marina is starting to get really good – Fall bite maybe.. Watch the regulars pulling out some very nice BGs today. Fly lining crickets under the docks. Been catching some nice ones around the slip also.

TheAsianGuy
09-17-2011, 03:14 PM
Great hunt Jeff! Nice liping too :LOL:

d1LedHed
09-19-2011, 05:11 AM
That big 9"+ BG (1st pic) sure has a long tail

fishmounter
09-19-2011, 07:57 AM
Yeah I thought so too. Looks like it's got some LMB in it..

Kelster
09-19-2011, 08:26 AM
Does anyone know what the level of the lake is? Published at 1588' elevation and in 2009 it was supposed to be 1555'. Sorry to hijack thread but figured someone following fishmounter would know the current elevation.
Thanks

TheAsianGuy
09-19-2011, 10:19 AM
Kelster, you got the latest info from USGS for the lake. Unless there's any major changes to the lake bottom, such as dredging, the elevation remain the same. Unless there's another seismic upgrade to the lake itself, there will not be any additional change to the lake topography, unless God steps in and intervene. Deeper is always better..More fishes to hunt for and more water to store..

Natural Lefty
09-19-2011, 10:53 AM
Kelster, 1555 sounds about right to me, about 33 feet lower than what it originally was supposed to be. I haven't noticed any major changes in level since they dropped the water a few years ago, only up or down a foot or two once in a while.

Kelster
09-19-2011, 10:56 AM
Thanks,
That will help me. I have an old topo map of the lake and with that info and my fish finder it helps.

TheAsianGuy
09-19-2011, 11:00 AM
Ah..the old topo created by the fishing master right? I did an overlay of that old topo over the new Google Topo. Not matching 100% but pretty close. You're talking about 7 to 12 feet difference. Overall, everything remains the same.

vortec_cruiser
09-20-2011, 11:48 PM
I wound with less than six panfish and three LMB 8"-12". Overall, pretty slow compared to previous outings there. Maybe next time...

As usual, I enjoyed fishing with you guys.

Ed

M@M
09-21-2011, 06:19 AM
Thanks for the report.....I'm bummed that I haven't gotten to Perris in months:Sad:....It's great to see all the reports though.....Maybe this Monday I'll try the Docks

Kelster
09-21-2011, 06:22 AM
Ah..the old topo created by the fishing master right? I did an overlay of that old topo over the new Google Topo. Not matching 100% but pretty close. You're talking about 7 to 12 feet difference. Overall, everything remains the same.

You are correct, sir.