PDA

View Full Version : please post you fishing reports for Lake Cahuilla here!!

Fly Fisher
09-15-2011, 06:57 PM
please let us now how your last fishing trip was to Lake Cahilla.
also try to say what you got, what you used to get it and where on the lake you got it.
thanks!

Which Way Out
09-15-2011, 08:42 PM
Hey FF. Good luck getting anyone else to give you tips on that place. I 've seen fights break out for nothing more than a fishing spot. Beer might of had something to do with it as well:Envious: Gets HOT out there you know.
Good luck out there Sat. I want to see good pic's

fish-o-haulic
09-15-2011, 09:44 PM
please let us now how your last fishing trip was to Lake Cahilla.
also try to say what you got, what you used to get it and where on the lake you got it.
thanks!

I see your new to the forum. well i myself have seen harmless posts like this turn very wrong. asking for info like this bring out the douche bag in some. hope your thread turns out though.

CCfisherman
09-16-2011, 07:56 AM
FF, some of us already gave some great info for Cahuilla on your other thread. Take those info and go out there, do the best you can, and you will catch fish. Remember fish do move around as water level fluctuate, and so does temperature changes. Get good pair of polarize glasses and look for them.... Good luck.

Fisher
09-16-2011, 08:34 AM
Now, I've been to Lake Cahuilla a few times...never took hours to fish..we just stop by and I cast a few times.

There's a spot in between the rental boat area and the eastern rocky wall(about 3/4 of the way to the wall) where if you have the right bait(3-inch Banjo Minnows or small spinner grubs)the crappie will hit like there's no tomorrow. BUT, the crappie are not of great size..I've heard of many people catching their limit there. Also where the dock ts drop your lure and jig it...As for bass...they'll feed around there too, but they're way too small. My wife would have caught one the other day...it would have been her first fish EVER!

Anyway good luck...the more you talk to fisherman, the more you'll know(CBS CARES).:Envious:

P1M
09-16-2011, 02:55 PM
Well fished today for 5 hrs! Ton of bites no fish! Worked 4 spots got bites at everyone. The blue gill are everywhere and I'm pretty sure thats what was messing with my bait. Last 45 mins rigged up for the gills and couldn't land one!. Oh well still had fun

Fly Fisher
09-17-2011, 03:06 PM
Thank you for the fishing reports, I just came back from the lake this morning and caught six or eight bluegill one baby Bass but no catfish to speak of. If you wish to catch Bluegille rig with a very very small triple book and put a red worm or small piece of nightcrawler on your book with a bobber about 1 to 2 feet under the surface and you Will be sure to get plenty of hits. Try going to one of the pump stations I was at the one just past the campgrounds. Let your bobber as close to the fence as you can without getting tangled, if you see a big orange Walmart bobber and a clip on bobber tangled in the fence those would be mine. xP

I will be heading out there again tonight for catfish around five o'clock, I will post a new report for tonight's cat fishing report .
And thank you for the information about how threads turned out ugly, let's try to keep that out of here thank you.

Fly Fisher
09-17-2011, 03:28 PM
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc413/gamehobo/fishing/IMAG0677-1.jpg

Fly Fisher
10-01-2011, 04:15 PM
heading out to cahuilla tonight and will post report!

CCfisherman
10-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Good luck. Fished there yesterday for few hours, caught 7 gills and one bass.

Fly Fisher
10-01-2011, 10:07 PM
thanks CCfisherman!
i started off by trying to get some bluegill for bait just before that camp ground but after the beach right by the bushes that or in the water, got lots of hits and ended up getting 5 blues.
went over to just before the small jetty and cast out shrimp for cats, and rigged a bobber with a live bluegill, nothing, but some bluegill cut bait on the hook with a bobber and still nothing errr had one good strong bit on my shrimp but no fish then my dad had to same so i think i may have been a SB or carp just seeing what was up.

any way left at 8:55 and no cats :( it is the end of the stocking season and i think i will be waiting till trout to go back to cahuilla since there will be no more fish planted in the lake.

Fly Fisher
12-12-2012, 10:54 AM
went to the lake last Saturday 12/08/12 got one good sized trout on a jig (drop shooting) but the bite is still taking its time to pick up.
thinking of going this afternoon to see if the cold weather did any good

CCfisherman
12-12-2012, 03:01 PM
Was there this morning. No bite, don't even see a single fish. Water is low too. Good luck out there.

Viejo
12-12-2012, 06:52 PM
thanks CCfisherman!
i started off by trying to get some bluegill for bait just before that camp ground but after the beach right by the bushes that or in the water, got lots of hits and ended up getting 5 blues.
went over to just before the small jetty and cast out shrimp for cats, and rigged a bobber with a live bluegill, nothing, but some bluegill cut bait on the hook with a bobber and still nothing errr had one good strong bit on my shrimp but no fish then my dad had to same so i think i may have been a SB or carp just seeing what was up.

any way left at 8:55 and no cats :( it is the end of the stocking season and i think i will be waiting till trout to go back to cahuilla since there will be no more fish planted in the lake.

I could be very wrong but isn't using live bait like Bluegill illegal in Riverside County (or most of CA)?

DarkShadow
12-13-2012, 09:48 AM
I could be very wrong but isn't using live bait like Bluegill illegal in Riverside County (or most of CA)?

No, you're correct.

But somehow, when some people buy their fishing licenses, they don't bother picking up and reading that little pamphlet that is on the counter, that reads "Regulations," simply because they can use the ole, "Oh, I didn't know you couldn't do that."

fishinarteest
12-13-2012, 09:57 AM
No, you're correct.

But somehow, when some people buy their fishing licenses, they don't bother picking up and reading that little pamphlet that is on the counter, that reads "Regulations," simply because they can use the ole, "Oh, I didn't know you couldn't do that."

I thought in that area it is actually legal to use bluegill as bait. I know theres certain parts of cali where it legal, but there generally parts closer the the colorado river.

Viejo
12-13-2012, 02:52 PM
I thought in that area it is actually legal to use bluegill as bait. I know theres certain parts of cali where it legal, but there generally parts closer the the colorado river.

Just search in google and CA DFG regs. Pops right up. Lists a bunch of types of fish that are illegal.

4.10. Bait Fish Use in the Southern District.
Except as provided below, live or dead fin fish shall not be used or possessed for use as bait in the Southern District:
(a) Dead threadfin shad and live or dead longjaw mudsucker may be used in all Southern District waters.
(b) Live threadfin shad may be used only at the location where taken.
(c) Golden shiner and red shiner may be used in San Diego County.

riverbud55
12-13-2012, 05:44 PM
Read ALL of the regs and know were your at

4.15. Bait Fish Use in the Colorado River District.

Except as provided below, live or dead fin fish shall not be used or possessed for use as bait in the Colorado River District:

(a) Live or dead golden shiner, fathead minnow, red shiner, mosquitofish, longjaw mudsucker, threadfin shad, goldfish, sunfish, molly, and dead carp may be used in all Colorado River District waters.
(b) Live carp may be used only at the location where taken.
(c) Tilapia may be used in the Salton Sea, and may be taken for bait only within the area bounded by Highway 111 on the north and east and Highway 86 on the west and south (except as in subsection (d) below.
(d) Tilapia may be taken and used for bait in the Colorado River and its associated backwaters only within the area bounded by Palo Verde Diversion Dam south to the Morelos Dam.

6.37. Colorado River District Definition.

The Colorado River District consists of Imperial County and those portions of Riverside and San Bernardino counties lying south and east of the following line: Starting at the intersection of Highway 86 with the north boundary of Imperial County; north along Highway 86 to its intersection with Interstate 10; east along Interstate 10 to its intersection with Cottonwood Springs Road; north along Cottonwood Springs Road and the Mecca Dale Road to Amboy; east along old Highway 66 to its intersection with Interstate 40; east along Interstate 40 to its intersection with Highway 95; and north along Highway 95 to the California-Nevada boundary. All of the Coachella Canal and Lake Cahuilla are included in this District

CCfisherman
12-13-2012, 10:01 PM
Thanks Riverbud55 for clearing that up. Look like only catfish guys know what going on around here.......lol

riverbud55
12-15-2012, 10:32 AM
No problem, just no need for someone to get led down the wrong road,,,,, kinda funny to see someone call someone out as a dumb *** for not reading and knowing and then find out that he's the dumb ***,, sorry jmo,,, always best to know whats up

So anyways,,,, so their feeding the flathead trout for the winter,,,emm a nice size trout swimbait just mite trigger a bite from the big kitty

georatm2011
12-15-2012, 12:29 PM
Hi, guys I am new to the site, how do I create my own thread, I am using a mac. BTW Cerritos Lake trouting fishing today was fun, caught two, guy next to me caught 5.

OnShore
12-18-2012, 10:42 AM
was there last week and see the quality for the stocker trout has gone up, much larger and fatter fish it seems. We caught trout on everything from mini jigs to rainbow power bait, floating crawlers, many lures, and even though I caught plenty those dam black birds would come in and eat eat eat eat the trout up. Couldnt believe it, they were swallowing those trout left and right, I counted 12 fish eatin with in 5 minutes, then I started throwing rocks to scatter them. It would be funny cause we would know when the trout ball would be coming by, the birds would invade! They need some management on that ****, someone said they eat at least HALF of the 1500lbs stocked each time. sucky. CAtfish were bitting, caught 4 to 7lbs on chicken liver. Bass action was fair, only two on 7" plastic trout..Stay Bent!