PDA

View Full Version : eldo on monday

oldfishguy
09-14-2011, 11:55 PM
i fished eldo on monday afternoon started out fishing for the kitties but got board so i thoiught ide try horseshoe lake it looked pretty good lots of pond scum though saw lots of big bass jumping there after the dragon flys in that lake too. got hit once really good felt pretty large but i wasnt able to seal the deal maybe next time

BUSTER124
09-15-2011, 12:23 PM
I tried the horseshoe today skipping a frog in the scum. Had three knock it out of the water but I think they were too small to get there mouth around the frog. Had a decent one jump out of the water at it but he completely missed it. Saw a guy the other day land a 7-8 pounder on the frog at lake 3.

Lakerfan160
09-15-2011, 12:34 PM
I tried the horseshoe today skipping a frog in the scum. Had three knock it out of the water but I think they were too small to get there mouth around the frog. Had a decent one jump out of the water at it but he completely missed it. Saw a guy the other day land a 7-8 pounder on the frog at lake 3.

If u dont mind telling me, wat frog you using like brand and color?

bman90278
09-15-2011, 06:56 PM
U should hit up Surfer! That guy has been killing it at Eldo and many of the city lakes. From what I understand, he actually has an affordbable City Lake Guide Service.

-b

BUSTER124
09-16-2011, 08:54 AM
Koppers hollow belly. natural green color. I see lots of guys using the black or the chartrusse and white. Just ordered a secret weapon for eldo. Will let you know after it arrives and I test it if I wasted my $$$ or not.. Might hit it again today for a few....

Lakerfan160
09-16-2011, 02:41 PM
Koppers hollow belly. natural green color. I see lots of guys using the black or the chartrusse and white. Just ordered a secret weapon for eldo. Will let you know after it arrives and I test it if I wasted my $$$ or not.. Might hit it again today for a few....

thx buster124 im been looking for a good frog and im going to check those kopper frogs, good luck out there

white belt
09-16-2011, 02:45 PM
thx buster124 im been looking for a good frog and im going to check those kopper frogs, good luck out there

There are a couple good auctions on ebay for these koppers frogs:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-New-Koppers-Live-Target-Walking-Frogs-Lot-New-Package-NO-RESERVE-/260851834444?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbbfb1e4c

Stormcrow
09-16-2011, 02:54 PM
I remember in the mid 80s when the horseshoe lake was OFF THE HOOK. WFO 24/7

Those were the days....