PDA

View Full Version : Just a quickie thank you........

Nipple Twister
09-14-2011, 08:16 PM
.......so, as I was making my afternoon trek home from a day at the grindstone I was riding my way down the last few miles I noticed that there was a little haze and light wind over the beach......."hmmmm, just might have to make a quickie, who wouldn't enjoy a quick one on the beach?"
Parked the bike, grabbed the rod, kissed momma, jumped in the Jeep and said "see ya in a couple".
I had some new waders I wanted to try out and Bass Pro Shops had a package waiting for me with a new LC just dying to get wet.

A.O.: local home front beach
Surf: small, maybe 1'-2' blown and choppy
Tide: low but incoming (lower then I had hoped)
Water temp: low 60s
Wind: steady but lighter then normal out of the west
In attendance: Me, Mr. Luna, 7' Compre and Lucky Craft Flash Minnow American Shad.

Looked around and found just one other guy fishing, chatted with him a bit but he was on his way out so it was just me and a trenchy 1/2 mile of surf. Had to pretty much cast up or down the beach, straight out was too shallow. Things going good, feeling bump, bump of the bottom once in a while but the tide was quickly getting deeper. Was able to to get casts a little further out.......fanning out.....one, two, three .....move a bit.....one, two, three .....move a bit.....one, two, three .......move a bit....AH, wait..whats this? Not really pulling and .......BAM! YES, there it goes....El Bendo!
Luna drag going out and running up and down the beach......"keep it tight knucklehead or you'll lose it" Getting some line back with each wave pulled it in and shored.........
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w64/nippletwister_photos/Fishing/SunsetBeach091411a.jpg

Measured out at 21.75"....missed it by that much! (thanks Max)
Got it back to the water, casted a bit more but nothing. Was getting dark so I called it.
A quickie with a good ending.....nice. I just love this stuff.......see ya this weekend.
Tight lines everyone.....'til next time, thanks for listening...

SP Dan
09-14-2011, 08:30 PM
Hey NT!
You're killing me. :Not Worthy:
Fun to read thread.
Thanks for the great report!
SP Dan <"))><

bones
09-14-2011, 08:37 PM
Great job John. Gotta love a quickie........I had one on 9/11 and I've got exactly 1 1/2 hours in the AM to try for a
legal on my PB anniversary.
The american shad pattern is my favorite FW pattern.It's so flashy. Be sure to swap out the FW hooks though.
Keep up the hunt........I bet the fall bite is going to go off soon!

Indo-angler
09-14-2011, 10:36 PM
Way to go John! Almost.....!

Great report and pic. Thanks for sharing.

Was that at the same spot I saw you last time?

Nipple Twister
09-15-2011, 08:12 AM
SP Dan
Hey NT!
You're killing me.
Fun to read thread.
Thanks for the great report!
SP Dan <"))><

Hahaha, your very welcome SP Dan.......just having a good time, thx for the comments...:Big Grin:

bones
Great job John. Gotta love a quickie........I had one on 9/11 and I've got exactly 1 1/2 hours in the AM to try for a
legal on my PB anniversary.
The american shad pattern is my favorite FW pattern.It's so flashy. Be sure to swap out the FW hooks though.
Keep up the hunt........I bet the fall bite is going to go off soon!

Hey Mike, how are things? Thx for the compliments!
Good Luck today and Happy Anniversary........hope to get a chance to fish with ya soon......I'll be changin those hooks for sure and being ready for that fall bite......:Envious:

Indo-angler
Way to go John! Almost.....!

Great report and pic. Thanks for sharing.

Was that at the same spot I saw you last time?

Thx Indo! hahaha, yeah same spot almost exactly.....shhhhhh....hehehehe:Wink:

Jeremy Wade Jr
09-15-2011, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the report, it was fun reading it. :Big Smile:

Also ouch for that quarter inch! cool of you to honor the code though. I'm convinced my LC is broken.. I have the same was as you and only caught a lizard fish on it so far.. lol. I'm itching for a legal like a crackhead.. :EyePop:

Nipple Twister
09-15-2011, 01:14 PM
Jeremy Wade Jr
Thanks for the report, it was fun reading it.

Also ouch for that quarter inch! cool of you to honor the code though. I'm convinced my LC is broken.. I have the same was as you and only caught a lizard fish on it so far.. lol. I'm itching for a legal like a crackhead..

...I'm glad you enjoyed the read.
Got to have integrity, we must police ourselves or pay for it with depleted game.

It ain't broke just gotta keep after it....do your scouting, raise your percentage of presentations and you will be rewarded ........ I bet we'll be reading your Halibut reports soon. :Wink:

PONTOON
09-15-2011, 08:10 PM
Hey john, I was just checking up on the reports and noticed I didn't give you a respons e on your report. Actually it was out of jealousy!......Dude, you fish too much!:LOL:

Even though I get the heads up from you I still enjoy your reports. It's almost like I'm just a mile or two away.:Cool:

Great job on the halibut, Congratulations!:Thumbs Up:

Also turn about is fair play buddy.....You have fun there at work the next few days! I'll be wishin' I was there with you guys. Well, then again, maybe not.:Envious:

jerryG
09-15-2011, 09:29 PM
Definitely worth getting out even you can't make a day of it. Something about catching fish first thing in the morning makes for a good day. Thanks for the Report..

JerryG

DockRat
09-15-2011, 11:05 PM
21 3/4" OMG So Close.
Nice catch. DR

Nipple Twister
09-16-2011, 07:23 AM
PONTOON
Hey john, I was just checking up on the reports and noticed I didn't give you a respons e on your report. Actually it was out of jealousy!......Dude, you fish too much!

Even though I get the heads up from you I still enjoy your reports. It's almost like I'm just a mile or two away.

Great job on the halibut, Congratulations!

Also turn about is fair play buddy.....You have fun there at work the next few days! I'll be wishin' I was there with you guys. Well, then again, maybe not.

Too much? Is that even possible? Thats like saying "you have too many guns" ...... you can never have too many.
I'm cool with fair play but whos to say I'm even AT work?

Thx for the support, good luck Sat night.......

jerryG
Definitely worth getting out even you can't make a day of it. Something about catching fish first thing in the morning makes for a good day. Thanks for the Report..

JerryG

Ahh Jerry, it was in the evening :Confused:....... but thx for commenting ..... :Wink:

DockRat
21 3/4" OMG So Close.
Nice catch. DR

Yup, fish of a thousand casts and a game of inches.......thx DR ... :Wink:

murrieta angler
09-16-2011, 09:44 AM
Gotta love the short sessions with results.
Thnaks for the report NT,
Robert
<><

Which Way Out
09-16-2011, 10:03 AM
I realy like the one's with the white speckles that show up.

Thanks for the report

l/ l. ,[_:Thumbs Up:],
l---l_ =OlllllllO_
()_) ()_)-~--(_)_)