PDA

View Full Version : planning on hitting the surf near newport tomorrow...

Big G
09-14-2011, 06:04 PM
Any suggestions on which beach to hit would be appreciated. Thanks guys. Been hitting the surf all summer with a few suggestions from Wingnut but still haven't hooked up a hali yet. So wanna try new territory. Seems every time I get out there everyone tells me how good the fishings been the last few days. I guess my timings been off because I always just miss the good bite. Late notice but ill Chevy for updates here later. Thanks

smokehound
09-14-2011, 08:24 PM
Any suggestions on which beach to hit would be appreciated. Thanks guys. Been hitting the surf all summer with a few suggestions from Wingnut but still haven't hooked up a hali yet. So wanna try new territory. Seems every time I get out there everyone tells me how good the fishings been the last few days. I guess my timings been off because I always just miss the good bite. Late notice but ill Chevy for updates here later. Thanks Do you fan cast?

Big G
09-15-2011, 05:35 AM
Always. I just seem to be hitting the water on the wrong days. Don't get me wrong I pick up some perch here and there. I always try to cover a lot of ground.

smokehound
09-15-2011, 01:19 PM
Always. I just seem to be hitting the water on the wrong days. Don't get me wrong I pick up some perch here and there. I always try to cover a lot of ground.For some reason, I dont see too many halis in the surf around newport. Have you tried venturing deeper into the water? Alot of people will go waist-deep for halis.