PDA

View Full Version : need help...lake info?

jeffish
09-14-2011, 05:48 PM
Hi fellow fisherman,

I needed some help finding out the name of a lake that i used to fish and camp as a kid here in socal. I tried to google map and ask my parents and family friends about it but they don't remember anything about it that place. I would like to bring my nephews here because i had alot of fun here as a kid.

Here is the only info i remember about this place hope it helps. The big thing i remember of the lake was that we would always catch big aquatic frogs on our nightcrawlers and the local fisherman said these frogs were an invasive species and we were not suppose to put them back in the lake. I also remember there being signs on the lake saying the same thing about these frogs. On the way to this place we pass by some cherry picking farms before we go up the mountain to the lake. I lived in west covina and it too us 2 1/2 hours to get their.

The place we camped was not at the lake but actually private campground 5 minutes drive from the lake where you could bring your RV or you could get a cabin, it also had a small lake inside you could fish in and had a swimming pool.

Sorry but those are the only things i remember about this place because the last time i went there was probably 13 years ago.

thanks
jeff

mudbuster
09-14-2011, 08:22 PM
i'm thinking lake fulmor and camping at silent valley ,theres cherry trees in beaumont and cherry valley

TheAsianGuy
09-14-2011, 09:01 PM
You may be talking about Lake Munz, just north of the Castaic Lake and slightly east of Elizabeth Lake. If you travel along the Elizabeth Lake Rd towards Lake Hughes from Elizabeth Lake, you'll see signs to be weary of frogs crossing the road by the thousands during the migration period, I believe during early spring and late of fall. I remember my friend talked about waiting for more than 2 hours going through that road because a carpet of yellow-green toad size monsters crossing the road. Some guy with a huge 4x4 made the carpet flat after waiting for 10 minutes. Could that be it?

fishfinder
09-14-2011, 10:15 PM
lake munz is now the painted turtle. http://www.thepaintedturtle.org/turtle/thecamp/thevirtualtour/thedininghallandboathouse/index.asp