PDA

View Full Version : Scuba Pro Twin Jet Max close foot fins??

LGHT
09-14-2011, 10:16 AM
Does anyone use or have tried the scuba pro twin jet max fins for float tubbing? I found a deal for half off on the close foot ones and thinking about pulling the trigger.

See Chris Fish
09-14-2011, 08:47 PM
Haven't tried those ones, but, I use dive fins with the split down the the blades. Got them at Sports Chalet ($45). I love them. They work great. They're light weight and I can kick all day. I used to scuba, so that was the fin I was used to. I did have to get a XL size due to the booties on the waders and my wool socks. Make sure it's the type that has the open heel with adjustalbe strap.

LGHT
09-15-2011, 03:02 PM
Well I actually prefer the closed foot. After getting my certified freediving certificate and seeing how more effecient closed foot is over open heel I never went back. I think I'm going to have to try and find a pair of waders that don't have any foot at all so I can just use my neoprene sock and the closed foot fin.

socal114
09-15-2011, 10:31 PM
I have a pair of the open heel max's...stiffer than the plain twin jet's which is good, but they have a longer blade as well. They are a little long for my preference so they are backup's to my Hot Spots.

LGHT
09-16-2011, 02:53 PM
I actually like the longer blade since i'm used to free diving fins and the sub garas are HUGE in comparison. I think it works for me only because i'm so used to long flowing kick strokes already.

socal114
09-17-2011, 07:57 PM
The longer blade fins on a tube tend to get in the way, especially when fighting a fish...JMHO The Hot Spot fins are perfect as far as I'm concerned.

LGHT
09-19-2011, 06:22 PM
The longer blade fins on a tube tend to get in the way, especially when fighting a fish...JMHO The Hot Spot fins are perfect as far as I'm concerned.

I fished my tube twice with a pair of dive fins and didn't have any problems landing fish. I guess if your used to maneuvering long fins it's not an issue, but like you said hot spots are a LOT easier to use.