PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid boils 9/13

Thebake
09-13-2011, 06:53 PM
Got the word that Castaic was going to get blue stonned so my fishing buddy (aka my dad) and my two little good luck charms/kids headed up to the mid to see what was happening. Didn't have many high hopes since there have not been many reports. Well..... here ya go.

Got on the lake about 9:30 and as soon as we got past the channel it was on. Open water boils all over. Not the huge ones but some decent boils that were condensed and predictable. Pop's hooked up first cast and me on the second. Chased a few till it died for a bit then it busted open again. Landed 6. Farmed a few and let one dink go. All fish 2-3lb shoolies. Had a great time and had to leave the boils around 1:45 to get home. Not to mention there was some huge thunder and lightning north of the ramp. As we headed south on the fwy we saw the mother of all boils down below. Needless to saw bite was good and if Castaic doesn't recover or shuts off it should still be a go at the mid for awile.

That's it for now. Look for the Ol' school ranger out there this week. That's me. Got to get back for some more.

Bake

dixoncider
09-13-2011, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the report..sounds pretty fun up there...

trail blazer
09-13-2011, 07:27 PM
GREAT REPORT!Thanks!

NOW YOUV DONE IT,,,,,,,,The secrets out,,,LOL

TRAIL BLAZER

SDDave
09-13-2011, 09:47 PM
Nice job Bake, hey was the water level up and what time does the lake open?

Thebake
09-13-2011, 10:58 PM
Yeah, water was up, or at about the same level it's been at since I can remember. Not sure on hours.

Tonyc521
09-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the report, smaller fish are still a blast to catch when the boiling is going on, good luck on your next outing.

Thebake
09-15-2011, 08:33 AM
UPDATE. Went the next day (yesterday) and it was the exact opposite. Only saw two small boils and the only thing we landed was a big skunk. That's how it goes some days.

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-21-2011, 11:30 AM
keel them suckas....

congrats..

I'll bet you were jonsin' when U saw that boil off the frwy...I know I would have : )

Nice job : )

Gary