PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Mission Viejo Lake?

keada714
09-12-2011, 10:22 PM
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone has fished his lake before. From what I've heard it is a private lake and my gf family reside here so I am heading there next week to wet my lines.. I'm pretty new to lake fishing and had no luck so far with the drop shot and roboworm at legg lake.

Can anyone who fished here before tell me what species to be expecting and point me in the right direction with rig and lures to catch them.. I would love to boost my confident in freshwater fishing by catching something this time! Thanks and looking forward to listen to your suggestions!

evosamurai
09-12-2011, 10:27 PM
i fished there last november, we did a ceiling at the tackle shop so we had an in to fish the lake free, they say best spot is by the dam for trout, dont know if there are still trout in there now, its a nice clean lake, huge i mean huge bass in there 20 lb maybe. also when u are at the boat dock look under there are 80+ lb catfish under the docks but the catch is u cant fish there at all and they people at the docks say they go out at night but u cant fish it at night so check it out the water is clear so u can see all the fish underwater and the giant tractor tires all over for structure, i would like to go again, so be prepared for huge bass.

sshernandez
09-12-2011, 10:48 PM
One of the best lakes I have fished. I went early this year and got over 20 bass.. the highlight of that day was when I got a 2lbs bassand when fighting it I could see a dark shadow behind the bass on my line out of nowhere a big and I mean big bass came and ate it.. I was like WTF!!! If you want to trip out get some nightcrawlers and at the dock hold one over the water the bass will eat it from your hands. And as for. That big cat the guys at the dock told me they call her big bertha
They also have some big bluegills... good luck bro...

keada714
09-12-2011, 11:02 PM
sounds all o exciting!! too bad I cannot go tomorrow with the gf since I have work but looking forward to catching something on the freshwater!