PDA

View Full Version : Peck Road Park?

Sanders032
09-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Hey everybody, anyone fishing at peck road park? do you know wheres good spot to fishing?... I went there with my friend last Saturday around 4:45pm it was been skunked but i got 2 small bass and released... can you give me any some advices?

white belt
09-12-2011, 07:11 PM
I like fishing the left side of the lake right after it thins n opens again. I also fish that right side, where the fence is. I actually hike a little bit past it and fish this one opening. Its right after you pass the fence. I only catch fish on the xr-4 there. Rainbow trout color. Im going this week. Just got a xr-6 ghost n wanna test it.

Sanders032
09-13-2011, 12:56 PM
Oh you fishing the left side of lake most of time? last time i went to right side of lake... alright, thanks for advice i might will go to fishin' today or this weekend and i will let you know whats up... wish me good luck!

Hooked Up
09-13-2011, 02:46 PM
It is kind of like 2 small lakes with the narrow channel connecting the two. A good spot used to be where the inlet pipe is but of course "they" closed that area to fishing! ): I once landed a 6lb LMB (C&R) there on an optimum rainbow lure but that was in the month of April (spawning time or there abouts) and trout plants were still going on. Since then, nothing over 13" and of course the skunk sometimes! Dang it! But the big girls are in there! Be careful going past the fence with the no trespassing sign on the right side after you enter the park. Locals there told me they were ticketed for trespassing. And I believe them. As I was fishing, about an hour later a black and white drives into the park and drove all the way to the inlet looking for fisherman. Just saying! Good Luck!

white belt
09-13-2011, 03:18 PM
It is kind of like 2 small lakes with the narrow channel connecting the two. A good spot used to be where the inlet pipe is but of course "they" closed that area to fishing! ): I once landed a 6lb LMB (C&R) there on an optimum rainbow lure but that was in the month of April (spawning time or there abouts) and trout plants were still going on. Since then, nothing over 13" and of course the skunk sometimes! Dang it! But the big girls are in there! Be careful going past the fence with the no trespassing sign on the right side after you enter the park. Locals there told me they were ticketed for trespassing. And I believe them. As I was fishing, about an hour later a black and white drives into the park and drove all the way to the inlet looking for fisherman. Just saying! Good Luck!

Yeah definitely be careful when you walk pass that sign. Once you do, immediately move into the trees and down towards the lake. No one will be able to see you there. And you should still have that fence in sight when you're at the spot I was describing.

And here's a pic of where my left side spot is. I went on Saturday and the water levels were too high to fish there32883. When it's low, it's a money spot though!

JPETERMAN
09-13-2011, 03:27 PM
Thats a good spot white belt! good place to dropshot robos. I caught seven 1-3lbs LMB there last time I hit up that spot. You have to get there early to beat the people catfishing. The golf course side is also good for carp.

JPETERMAN
09-13-2011, 03:28 PM
I caught a 7.5 lmb on the golf course side.............................................. ......................15 years ago!!!

TerryCommon
09-15-2011, 09:54 AM
I fish there all the time for carp, some huge 30+ lb'ers in there, maybe even forties. Ninja night fish it also, but just be careful of the crazii's that lurk in there! Homeless folks sleep in there and sometimes you can run across some looney people in there that might wanna cause you harm. I never go without protection in there at nytetime

JPETERMAN
09-15-2011, 09:35 PM
I found a nice little spot tonight. Threw my line in at 6:30pm and caught about ten dink size lmb and farmed two 4-5 pounders.

Hey Terry, were you out on the golf course side tonight?

Sanders032
09-16-2011, 06:56 AM
Hey everybody, thanks for the all advices! Peter you got 4-5 prunders... I will going fishing at on right side and the golf course side at peck road park... hope see you guys today, I will be wear camo short and white shirt. If you guys see me taps on my should cause im deaf. Don't be afraid of me i wont bite you lol.... I will be there about at 3pm to sunset and wish me good luck.

white belt
09-16-2011, 07:20 AM
Forgot to put my gear in the car today or else I woulda seen you out there. Haha good luck !

JPETERMAN
09-16-2011, 08:36 AM
Sanders if youre going for bass, go on the left side on the park side as shown on the map above. Ill be there around 5:30. Make sure you use circle hooks because I lost the big boys because I was using mosquito hooks.

Kelster
09-16-2011, 08:51 AM
I grew up right across from there in the seventies and fished that a lot when they first opened it up to the public. Back then the water had gone down and I used to fish for bass and crappie where you show, lot's of structure. They didn't have any facilities, benches, restrooms, etc, and it was a pretty safe place to fish. Lot's of memories of just crossing Peck Road and having my own fishing hole.

white belt
09-17-2011, 05:52 PM
Got skunked there today. The water levels are still rising and there are a lot of pools on the left side. I cast a weedless worm into every one of those holes and only got one bite, on my first cast! A slow day at Peck.

old pudd fisher
09-17-2011, 06:16 PM
I was reading the SGV Tribune today and hear that it's going to be fixed up a little and made better. They only have 600,000 to work with so we will see what happens.

JPETERMAN
09-18-2011, 12:47 AM
yamamoto 3.5" cut worm have been working well for me on the left side.

vicioustattoo
09-18-2011, 04:48 AM
yamamoto 3.5" cut worm have been working well for me on the left side.

But how big are they? with a small worm?

Sanders032
09-19-2011, 12:43 AM
I went there with my friend last Friday, it was been skunked again. I am thinking about not going to Peck Rd till they fixes the pool and cleans trash... Cause I spoke to a man who work at fishing tackle store, he said he is live there right now and he doesn't fishing there anymore because of the pool is bad can't eat fish and the pool getting lower level... Man, I wish whoever department takes care of peck road poverty... I had a lot of good memories at peck road at 90s...

Kelster
09-19-2011, 08:11 AM
"Man, I wish whoever department takes care of peck road poverty... I had a lot of good memories at peck road at 90s... "
Peck Road Water Conservation Park, part of Los Angeles County Parks. Up until the mid-late 70's just a rock quarry with big bass. Lot's of good memories from the 70's. With budget cuts it will never be a super picnic place but there are still bass and crappie there.

JPETERMAN
09-19-2011, 02:34 PM
anyone bass fishing peck this week?

M6teenbam
09-22-2011, 12:23 AM
It's midnight, and I just left peck, I didn't catch ****. I was there like at 1 in the afternoon and I caught two but they shook the hook. So all day nothing.

white belt
09-23-2011, 11:48 AM
Any luck JPETERMAN?

JPETERMAN
09-25-2011, 07:46 PM
I only fish there after work on the weekdays and for the past two weeks I haven't been skunked. The bass I've been catching are getting bigger since I changed to larger size plastics.
I know alot of people fish Peck without a license , and on Wednesday DFG snuck up behind me to check if I had a license.

Anyluck white belt?

Sh1mano
09-25-2011, 09:50 PM
Arcadia PD patrolling on horseback and DFG checking tags today. Glad to see they were out in full force cuz some real sketchy stuff be happening around there.

white belt
09-26-2011, 07:27 AM
I only fish there after work on the weekdays and for the past two weeks I haven't been skunked. The bass I've been catching are getting bigger since I changed to larger size plastics.
I know alot of people fish Peck without a license , and on Wednesday DFG snuck up behind me to check if I had a license.

Anyluck white belt?

I didn't get a chance to get out there this weekend. Weather's pretty nice this week, I'll probably try some time after work.

blackchevy08
09-28-2011, 10:19 AM
I just went Sunday and last night I got nada it was pretty windy last night me n my buddys were out there but didn't get nothing what are u guys fishing for right now out there? What lures? I'm really getting into fishing a lot and tips on times to fish wh:LOL:at kind of fish and bait? Thanks

white belt
09-28-2011, 11:08 AM
I just went Sunday and last night I got nada it was pretty windy last night me n my buddys were out there but didn't get nothing what are u guys fishing for right now out there? What lures? I'm really getting into fishing a lot and tips on times to fish wh:LOL:at kind of fish and bait? Thanks

When the water was lower, I had pretty good luck there with a rapala xr-4 rainbow trout color. Now that it's on the rise, I'd go with a weedless worm and hit each of those little watering holes.

BUSTER124
09-28-2011, 05:13 PM
Gunna give Peck Rd a try. Never been there before. Usually go to Eldo but it is terribly slow since the weather change. Probably be there about 9-10ish. I will be wearing my lucky green Fox hat if anyone wants to meet up.

white belt
10-11-2011, 02:25 PM
Went to Peck and got skunked again. Started on the left side of the lake where the drainage pipe is. I got another bite in that hole, I swear it's from the same bass that bit my worm 3-4 weeks back. It was only about a foot away from the last spot he was at. Worked each spot moving to my right for about 20-30 min and got nothing. This guy fishing one of the flooded areas caught 2 cat fish. Not sure what he was using.

Oh and the bite was on my trusty rainbow xr-4. Nothing else was working. Tried a drop shot, ghost xr-6, t-rig, 2 SPRO frogs and a rooster tail.

EndlessSeason
10-11-2011, 03:25 PM
I work by this place... send some pics to tyson@endlessseasonclothing.com ! I will fish at lunchtime!

Carptain_Bao
10-13-2011, 01:03 PM
Went there at the drainage part on Tuesday,only got a lil bass and nothing else,I was using crankbait all the time,do u pros think I should give drop shot a chance??:)

Sh1mano
10-13-2011, 01:34 PM
I'm by no means a pro but yeah, try ds'ing. Roboworms morning dawn worked for me over the weekend.

white belt
10-13-2011, 02:21 PM
Went there at the drainage part on Tuesday,only got a lil bass and nothing else,I was using crankbait all the time,do u pros think I should give drop shot a chance??:)

I hope you put my lil friend back!! Hahahaha. I want to check if he's there every time now.

M6teenbam
10-13-2011, 06:35 PM

I have caught almost all my bass on drop shot bro. So I'm like you with crank baits. I am desperate now for some crank bait action. I wanna try all those cool looking expensive crank bait top water lures, and I definitely wanna catch some on some spinner baits and buzz baits and jigs.

Carptain_Bao
10-14-2011, 07:13 AM
I hope you put my lil friend back!! Hahahaha. I want to check if he's there every time now.

For sure man,catch and release all the time:)

Carptain_Bao
10-14-2011, 07:21 AM
I have caught almost all my bass on drop shot bro. So I'm like you with crank baits. I am desperate now for some crank bait action. I wanna try all those cool looking expensive crank bait top water lures, and I definitely wanna catch some on some spinner baits and buzz baits and jigs.

Just try different types of lures bro,master all of em one by one!
Different types work in specific conditions I think:)
Catch some bass!!!

white belt
10-14-2011, 04:21 PM
Checked dfg's site and they are stocking cats again this following week. No trout stock yet... Just got a castaic swimbait in rainbow too haha