PDA

View Full Version : Motels and watering holes

billy b
09-12-2011, 05:56 PM
I still wish we had a message slot where people shared favorite eating and rest places from LA to Bridgeport, etc.

I sure benefitted from a post about CRAZY OTTO's ... it's the bomb ... especially for us heavyweight eaters. Very cute and huge portions. I had 2 eggs, hash, sausage, and has browns (they were almost as good as Hays Street Cafe in Bport) There in Acton, 2 in Lancaster, and the one we hit in Rosamond which was and easy off and on in returning from the football game on our way back from LA

They really keep your coffee cup filled and the owner and his wife are really nice. Don't miss it

Also took the suggestion of Amigos mexican food in Bishop. Was okay ... suggest the specials.

If you want a good inexpensive nights rest ... try the Trees Motel.

redondo todd
09-13-2011, 12:10 PM
We stayed at the trees labor day and they charged us 20 dollars extra for each night because of the holiday!!!!

1HR2BBL
09-13-2011, 12:21 PM
Resturants on my list
Bishop
Jacks Waffle Shop
Schat's (good sandwiches and cookies)
Amigos Mexican food
BBQ Bills -- ok, but good if you're in the mood for bbq

Tom's Place

Lee Vining
Mobile Gas station -- good lobster taquitos, steak & eggs

BP
Bridgeport Inn -- good bloody mary's and food
Brewery (can't remember the name) good pizza
Jolly Kone -- good burgers

I've heard the resturant up at South Lake or Sabrina is great too, good pies. I don't remember the name, hope to try it next time I'm in the Bishop canyon.

billy b
09-13-2011, 02:28 PM
Resturants on my list
Bishop
Jacks Waffle Shop
Schat's (good sandwiches and cookies)
Amigos Mexican food
BBQ Bills -- ok, but good if you're in the mood for bbq

Tom's Place

Lee Vining
Mobile Gas station -- good lobster taquitos, steak & eggs

BP
Bridgeport Inn -- good bloody mary's and food
Brewery (can't remember the name) good pizza
Jolly Kone -- good burgers

I've heard the resturant up at South Lake or Sabrina is great too, good pies. I don't remember the name, hope to try it next time I'm in the Bishop canyon.

Good choices

I'm wondering if the "brewery" you mean in Bport is Rhinos ... which is sports bar style ... with bar ... reminds me of the Tiger Bar in June Lake. DON'T forget Hays Street Cafe in Bport for breakfast and lunch.

Bishop has a good Chinese restaurant on the east side of the street ... up towards the north end of town. Have you tried the Village cafe at the north west end of town in Bishop?

1HR2BBL
09-13-2011, 02:37 PM
Yep, Rhino is the name. They had a good pizza.

Yeah, forgot to mention the Imperial Gourmet Chinese, it's excellent. It's near Rite Aid in the north side now, when I went it was near 31 flavors and Burger King before they closed that shopping center.

I'll have to remember to check out Hays Street, I'm going to be at Twin Lakes BP 9/26-9/28:Smile:.

Haven't tried Village Cafe in Bishop yet.