PDA

View Full Version : A morning with Jared

billy b
09-12-2011, 05:09 PM
Friday morning ... my social director and I went out fishing with Jared. What a GREAT guy (news flash, huh?)

First time on the lake ... GORGEOUS lake ... gorgeous weather Oh my wife squirmed a little when we weren't in the sun ... so Jared did his best and helped my special lade catch a lot of fish.

He even arranged to have the local bald eagle do a flyover as we were heading out!

Learned a lot about how to mini jig ... got some new tips ... learned a lot about the lake ... most of all had a very pleasant morning.

Oh yeah ... the fishing. We caught about 30+ ... C & R'd all but 7 ... LDR'd a few more
No biggies ... (we could actually see them under the boat) ... but still a hoot of a time.

Pink and Orange and occasionally Rainbow Sparkle jigs ... I also caught 2 real quick on the Chartreuse mjig
Wife was doing well with a bobber ... 6 foot leader ... a mini jig and a NC stinger.

Thanks mucho, Jared ... & to your staff

Which Way Out
09-13-2011, 08:26 AM
Heading up next month. Thanks for the report.

cpt_majestic
09-13-2011, 10:08 AM
Jigging is the way to go, I mostly use Pumpkin (brown) and occasionally white on 2 lb. test. Its an easy way to get them off the bottom if nothings biting on top.

I'm leaving to mammoth next week, can't wait.

1HR2BBL
09-13-2011, 10:39 AM
Glad you had a great time. South Lake is fishing great this past month, Sabrina is fishing well too.

I was up the weekend before Labor Day and caught 30+ fish per day, all stockers using Lip Ripper spoons, Thomas Buyoants and rapalas. Saw a couple Alpers swimming though. When I was leaving, there were some people that just arrived from Mammoth who didn't do squat, they caught limits within 30 minutes in the middle of the day.

Sierra_Smitty
09-13-2011, 11:41 AM
It was great being able to get out there with you and your wife to show you the lake....catching some fish was a nice bonus. See ya next time!

billy b
09-13-2011, 04:36 PM
Jigging is the way to go, I mostly use Pumpkin (brown) and occasionally white on 2 lb. test. Its an easy way to get them off the bottom if nothings biting on top.

I'm leaving to mammoth next week, can't wait.

Are you using pumpkin and white on South? ... or on other lakes?

bstolton
09-13-2011, 08:27 PM
Hey BB
Fishing with Jared must have been fun, met him at fred hall this year at his seminar, nice guy and down to earth. His book has helped me alot. So much to learn in this fishing game.

cpt_majestic
09-14-2011, 07:43 AM
Are you using pumpkin and white on South? ... or on other lakes?

I use them everywhere, I've used them several times at South Lake and killed em'. North Lake and Intake 2 by the dam are hot spots as well. If you are in a float tube do a 15 second count and bam.

When I'm up in Mammoth next week Maime and George will be under jig attack