PDA

View Full Version : Castaic report for 9/12

Tonyc521
09-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Hit the water at 7:00 started looking for any bird activity, saw 2 large striper boils in the ski arm by the bouy line was lucky to be right there when they showed managed to get 4 nice stripers from 4-7lbs and never saw anything else for the rest of the morning, to say it was slow was an understatement I hope the boiling season hasn't came to an end and we all get a few more good days out there. Good luck to everyone.

Fishthewhaler
09-13-2011, 11:43 AM
Hit the water at 7:00 started looking for any bird activity, saw 2 large striper boils in the ski arm by the bouy line was lucky to be right there when they showed managed to get 4 nice stripers from 4-7lbs and never saw anything else for the rest of the morning, to say it was slow was an understatement I hope the boiling season hasn't came to an end and we all get a few more good days out there. Good luck to everyone.

I was there also, didn't see boils til afternoon,got 2 about 6 lbs..getting bigger every week. I should have caught at least five but realized my hook was straightened after the 2nd fish, so I farmed #3,4 and 5. Had em in a cove for about 15 mins. What boat were you in, I was in the Whaler

Tonyc521
09-13-2011, 02:57 PM
I was in the mika mist and black Ranger, I hung out by the bouy line in the ski area were I caught my fish. How late was it when you caught your fish. I saw you looking around in the ski arm a few times.

Fishthewhaler
09-15-2011, 09:18 AM
I was in the mika mist and black Ranger, I hung out by the bouy line in the ski area were I caught my fish. How late was it when you caught your fish. I saw you looking around in the ski arm a few times.

I got em after 2 pm. Then saw the birds working in 200 feet of water midlake about 6pm, sure enough stripey pushed em up to the surface and were boiling like barracuda. Cool to see, chased it down but they spooked easy . I cruised by a cove and was using my eagle eyes when I saw a few boils in the back of a cove...Checked it out and it payed off. I might g back fri morn to check it again
See ya
FTW