PDA

View Full Version : can i get an opinon on something

fish-o-haulic
09-11-2011, 10:30 PM
I have a freind that told me about a fishing adventure he had recently. He didnt tell me the lake and i wasnt there so i cant say if this is true or not. But here it goes. My freind told me that he was fishing and he saw some people swimming in the lake, he told them that it was against the rules to do so and that it would also disturb the fishing. Well the people responded back saying if its illegal then we'll just wait for the cops to show up and tell us to leave. Well because my freind is a hardcore angler who like me get mad to see people disturbing the fishing took it upon himself to call sheriff or dfg or whatever authority was around at the time. Well they showed up told the people to get out of the water and so they complied. But then later they came back and started swimming again and this time really started to cause problems, so my freind decided to teach them a lesson by throwing a pyramid sinker at one of them. Unlucky for them hes a good shot and nailed one of them in the head. they called the authorities this time and then he got in trouble(he didnt say what the punishment was). So he came told me this story and thought it was wrong that he got in trouble and that the other people got off easy. there was more to the story but i will add it if i feel it is necesary later on after some of you respond. Anyway he wanted my opinion but im kinda stuck, though i cant stand people disturbing the fishing by doing obnoxious things i dont think it was necesarily right to injure one of them. again theres more to the story but he urged that i not tell anyone because he was somewhat emabaressed of the circumstances.

smokehound
09-11-2011, 10:44 PM
I have a freind that told me about a fishing adventure he had recently. He didnt tell me the lake and i wasnt there so i cant say if this is true or not. But here it goes. My freind told me that he was fishing and he saw some people swimming in the lake, he told them that it was against the rules to do so and that it would also disturb the fishing. Well the people responded back saying if its illegal then we'll just wait for the cops to show up and tell us to leave. Well because my freind is a hardcore angler who like me get mad to see people disturbing the fishing took it upon himself to call sheriff or dfg or whatever authority was around at the time. Well they showed up told the people to get out of the water and so they complied. But then later they came back and started swimming again and this time really started to cause problems, so my freind decided to teach them a lesson by throwing a pyramid sinker at one of them. Unlucky for them hes a good shot and nailed one of them in the head. they called the authorities this time and then he got in trouble(he didnt say what the punishment was). So he came told me this story and thought it was wrong that he got in trouble and that the other people got off easy. there was more to the story but i will add it if i feel it is necesary later on after some of you respond. Anyway he wanted my opinion but im kinda stuck, though i cant stand people disturbing the fishing by doing obnoxious things i dont think it was necesarily right to injure one of them. again theres more to the story but he urged that i not tell anyone because he was somewhat emabaressed of the circumstances.Dude, he's in deep #$%&. That's Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon. he can get a year in wasco for that!

...I still would have laughed my *** off, though. :ROFL:

And you all know what's next, right?

BOOM! HEADSHOT!

Ifishtoolittle
09-11-2011, 10:45 PM
You can REALLY say that those swimmers should be at fault. The swimmers were clearly informed that one cannot swim in it but they decided to do so anyways even after a warning.

I suppose your friend should argue that the swimmers were within his angling area.

Still, even if your friend can make himself appear to be the just individual the situation may very likely turn towards the favor of those moronic swimmers.

Oh, and ask your friend what lake that was.

One more thing, your friend was extremely unwise to have decked a person with a pyramid sinker!

My two shiny pennies.

tree
09-12-2011, 07:21 AM
Swimmers were at fault, but your friend also put himself at fault when he tossed that pyramid sinker.

how heavy was it? cause my 1 or 2 oz. pyramids go a mile out and hurt like HELL.

Nessie Hunter
09-12-2011, 07:48 AM
So this guy keeps Jay walking on my Street.. Got tired of it and ran him over...
It was his fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doohhhh !!!!

headcase881
09-12-2011, 08:01 AM
Well I've seen the same thing before its rude to the fishermen even if u can swim therre stay away from the angler we are winging things threw the air with hooks and weights just claim it as a accident he should of put a heavy kastmaster or somthing and hooked one then he could say he was fishing

kendo
09-12-2011, 08:01 AM
This is a funny story that I have seen many times before. There have been times on charter boats that are fishing that other anglers in smaller boats would follow. They would enter the charters chum lines and the deck hands would be pissed and cast 3oz lead over the bow of the smaller boats. There were a few times where they would smack the boat square on the deck. I have seen some anglers dive out of the way of the leads and figure its time to leave. I think your buddy is knee deep in it. Courts would say one crime (the swimmers) does not justify another crime (Assault). If he argues that it was an accident and did not intentionally try to hit them he might be able to get off without a hitch. But this will be a huge job on his part to prove his innocence.

PS BOOOOOM HEADSHOT!!!

seal
09-12-2011, 08:31 AM
Your friend isn't very bright! That could hurt somebody bad, he should have moved if the swimming was bothering him and the authorities had already been called out or should have called authorities again. I deal with swimmers all the time at Silverwood, swimming is legal but they should be in the swimbeach areas but not everybody observes this and the authorities don't enforce it so this is kind of commonplace when swimmers and fisherman come together.

Although for some reason I'm doubting the authenticity of this story, sorry no offense.

white belt
09-12-2011, 10:49 AM
Did he cast the sinker, and hit a swimmer? Or did he just chuck it at them? If it's the latter, he's screwed.

reservoir dog
09-12-2011, 11:06 AM
Your friend was probably better off just pushing or shoving one of those idiots. Now he's facing a criminal offense for possibly assault with a deadly weapon because those sinkers have a pointed edge.

Similar story happened to me this weekend. Was fishing from the shore while some kids came by and one kid was about to skip a rock but his friend told him not to. Then that idiot kid threw a rock in the water and ran off. Ok he's an idiot and I can deal with one rock but afterwards the same idiot threw like 3 more rocks from a distance. At that point I took off running after that kid, didn't touch him or hurt him but cussed the hell out of that punk.

Coefficient13
09-12-2011, 12:15 PM
There's not lead wight to the face offense here. Your friend is a douche-bag and you should re-evaluate hanging out with him. People who escalate things as their way of reacting are lame. Call the cops back and they'll do something this time. Move to another spot.

In addition, the less crap that goes on in our parks that includes violence and such, the less the regulations come out to keep it down. Less regulations that affect everyone's ability to easily fish. Stupid situations like this add up and the park closes early or prices go up for security etc.

fish-o-haulic
09-12-2011, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the opinions guys. Seal I understand how you can doubt this story when he told this to me I doubted it myself. Coefficient ya he's kinda douche bag but to escalate it that far knowing him there had to have been more to the story. Which is partly why I was skeptical to begin with. I don't know what lake it was but I don't think it was a park lake cuz he doesn't normally fish them. It's been several months since I've seen him last too so it may have not even been in Cali. Sadly enough I guess I kinda see how he could of done it too. Dang swimmers Lol

City Dad
09-12-2011, 03:59 PM
Really? A lead weight to the head over a fishing spot? Really?

fish-o-haulic
09-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Wait didn't you just post if he's c&r well anyway ya he is he's sort of a bass Nazi and he's not like a real close friend just someoone I used to repeat used to fish with

reservoir dog
09-12-2011, 04:34 PM
I hope this isn't your friend...???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdD4xVKw5bI&feature=player_detailpage

Marley
09-12-2011, 05:04 PM
I was on the Balboa pier once, a very long time ago, and these guys in sail boats were seeing how clsoe to the pilings they could get. Preppy bass turds and all. The guy fishing next to us (I was with my brother) decided he was going to teach one a lesson and tied on a heavy iron and heaved it. Totally impaled the canvas, little bit of rip, and three totally ticked off yuppy puppies who had no chance of ever catching him (he ran, and no one on the pier was going to be a witness.)
Your friend is lucky he didn't blind one of the guys or knock him out and drown him.

fish-o-haulic
09-12-2011, 06:51 PM
I hope this isn't your friend...???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdD4xVKw5bI&feature=player_detailpage

Lmao ya ive seent that video b4. No man its not him haha

fish-o-haulic
09-12-2011, 06:52 PM
I was on the Balboa pier once, a very long time ago, and these guys in sail boats were seeing how clsoe to the pilings they could get. Preppy bass turds and all. The guy fishing next to us (I was with my brother) decided he was going to teach one a lesson and tied on a heavy iron and heaved it. Totally impaled the canvas, little bit of rip, and three totally ticked off yuppy puppies who had no chance of ever catching him (he ran, and no one on the pier was going to be a witness.)
Your friend is lucky he didn't blind one of the guys or knock him out and drown him.

to tell the honest truth i cant remember if he said he threw a pyramid wieght cuz he told me this story like a week ago. I may have just said pyramid weight because ive played this scenario over again in my head several times and just assumed it was a pyramid withg

jim young
09-12-2011, 07:52 PM
to tell the honest truth i cant remember if he said he threw a pyramid wieght cuz he told me this story like a week ago. I may have just said pyramid weight because ive played this scenario over again in my head several times and just assumed it was a pyramid withg

I think there is too much breeding and not enough reading going on in Quartz Hill.

fish-o-haulic
09-12-2011, 08:25 PM
thats nice. if you dont believe my story i dont care. Im just happy to know this didnt turn into a huge argument. thats not what this was intended for. Just asking for peoples opinions. trust me bro if i wanted to start a troll thread i would say something like a caught 10largemouth and ate half of them and through the other half away. besides like I already said before i was even skepitcal of this story myself hearing it because i know how my freind is.

yolo
09-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Some of these posts give me a headache.

fish-o-haulic
09-12-2011, 08:39 PM
Some of these posts give me a headache.

I know what you mean. I may delete this post, some seem to think im low enough to troll. LOl. but ya if this starts to cause problems i may just delete it. Besides I need to find something else to do with my life i spend too much time on this forum. HAHAHA

yolo
09-12-2011, 08:48 PM
Besides I need to find something else to do with my life i spend too much time on this forum. HAHAHA

Maybe this will help? http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/972124/overcoming_internet_forum_addiction.html

fish-o-haulic
09-12-2011, 08:49 PM
Hey man i dont have a problem you have a problem i dont see a problems. CRACK!!!!!

yolo
09-12-2011, 09:03 PM
fnn-o-haulic :ROFL:

fish-o-haulic
09-12-2011, 09:11 PM
fnn-o-haulic :ROFL:

Ay man you got the stuff. "twitches and scratches at neck" LOL

reservoir dog
09-12-2011, 10:56 PM
Hi my name is ________________, and I'm an FNN-o-haulic.

:Group Hug:

ZipperWurm
09-12-2011, 11:28 PM
your "friend" threw a pyramid sinker at an unknown lake with no swimming allowed? c'mon fish-o-haulic....you can just tell us it was really you at quail lake who did this...lol jk :LOL:

DarkShadow
09-13-2011, 04:13 PM
Was the pyramid weight hurt during this incident?!

fish-o-haulic
09-13-2011, 04:48 PM
Was the pyramid weight hurt during this incident?!

ya the pyramid wieght sued my freind and the guy it hit. Oh and ya he told me it was a pyramid wiehgt he threw. he told me it was a smaller one, never seen a small pyramid sinker but ok.

SoCalB3AST
09-14-2011, 04:02 AM
( Replay In My Mind )

1. Honey hand daddy that 8oz pyramid sinker in my tackle box
2. here daddy
3. thanks baby
4. Watch this im gunna pop this kid a good one here.
5. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh shhhhhhhhhhhooooo
6. (BLAM)
7. OMG WTF WAS THAT
8. ( From Bank HAHAAHAHA I Taught You U Little Booger )
9. OMG MoM this guy just hit me with a rock wait a minute its a wieght call the cops
10. Cops show up sir does this belong to you? nope never seen it before..
11 Sir Dont Resist ( TAZED )
12. The End!!! Thanks ill be here all week lmao
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f399/DyingGoblin13/99244591-149x149-0-0_DeepBluePyramidSinkers8ozeach4perpack.jpg

Yes i know im an idiot an i didnt mean to make any one mad just my thoughts but here is a small pyrmaid wieght 1oz tiny
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f399/DyingGoblin13/p1.jpg