PDA

View Full Version : Fishing on the Constitution 9/9/2011

greg
09-10-2011, 03:59 PM
It took me 2.5 hours to drive down from Irivne to H&M Landing with San Diego's blackout! :Shocked: Many of us planned to eat before we took off but most places were closed. Captain Joe whipped up some hamburgers for us. :Cool: Just another example on how this boat goes out of the way to please their passangers. :Razz:

We left around 9 pm with only 16 passangers. :Surprised: A few got left behind with no gas available to tank up their vehicles. :Rolls Eyes: Picked up big (6-7 inches) and small (3 inch) sardines. Drove down to the Tuna Pens (54 miles south of Point Loma) by 4 am. Waited for gray light. Heard it has been a morning and late afternoon bite. :Confused: We boated 42 BFT in the 15-20 pound range during the day's plunker bite. :Neutral: Most were caught on the larger 'dines but 2 were on Megabaits (blue). Most had to drop down to 20# fluorocarbon, some even went down to 15# with a size 2 hook to get bit. I got one near the end of the day to get the skunk off.

My last three trips, Spectra with a short 5-6 foot fluorcarbon leader was not getting bit. Looks like I will need to go with a long top shot of mono with a short fluorocarbon leader. Any thoughts? :???::!!!::Idea:

Leaving now to tailgate before the UCLA Games vs San Jose State. Looks like seared tuna with a ginger wasabi sauce. To die for! :Envious:

-- Greg --

JapanRon
09-11-2011, 12:01 PM
Hi greg,

Nice goin' on that fishy. 42 for 16 anglers. High stick caught ... ? I figure you're one of the better Tuna guys so a little surprised at just the one but ..... that's fishin' I guess.

JapanRon

DockRat
09-15-2011, 10:59 PM
Great Job on the BFT.
Seems as is most guys are going Flouro topshot ?
DR