PDA

View Full Version : Fishing while raining at Irvine

fuadramsey
09-10-2011, 01:22 PM
I'm new to fishing . . .

So what's the protocol for rain at Irvine? I was planing on night fishing from the shore. The forecast shows a 50% chance of rain tonight?

Do they kick you out? Can you still fish? I was all set to go and now the weather starts up!

Thanks.

Hometown
09-10-2011, 03:06 PM
They will close the roads around the lake if it gets to muddy I would call in advance

hooks
09-10-2011, 07:55 PM
Noooo, shore fishing is pretty bad (all weeds) for the most part. Get a boat if it's not raining.

fish-o-haulic
09-10-2011, 10:35 PM
Noooo, shore fishing is pretty bad (all weeds) for the most part. Get a boat if it's not raining.

ya thats what i hear to shore fishing at irvine sucks pretty bad.

fuadramsey
09-11-2011, 10:40 AM
Where are some good shore fishing spots in/near Orange County?

So far out here the only places I've fished around here were on a boat at Irvine Lake and at Laguna Niguel Regional Park.

-About 3 weeks ago at Laguna Niguel Regional park, on a boat at night I caught: a bluegill, a turtle, and two 2-6+ catfish. The turtle really surprised me. Of course we let him go.

Is SARL anygood? I drove over there to check it out and it looks kind of sad being just a dirt hole with water in it.

hooks
09-11-2011, 11:05 AM
ya thats what i hear to shore fishing at irvine sucks pretty bad.

It doesn't always suck from shore, just now at the end of summer after record water levels last year.
The sand trap (SARL) is hit and miss too. Mostly miss for me, thus the Vine gets almost all my business.
THere are still fishable area from shore back in the flats at the Vine but not many. It's worth it boat to fish the Vine if you can find the fish. A good clue is to look for private boaters. Most of these guys like me fish the Vine quite often and have a good idea of where the fish are.
tight lines....