PDA

View Full Version : 9/9 trip report

hooks
09-10-2011, 10:44 AM
Hey Viners,
Arrived about 2pm and launched. The water temp was 80* and the air was about 90*. Headed back to the spot that I was shut down on last week during the tourny. By 5, I had broken off 2 in the submerged timber. Not wanting a repeat of Saturday nite, I pulled anchor (pulling up a Quagga tree) and headed to outside the tree line in the flats. Here, the fishermen were everywhere but not a kittie to be seen. After about two hours of nothing, I pulled anchor again and headed back to the ole' spot. This time, I anchored deeper (about 30 ft.). It didn't take long for the 1st bite. I ended up with 4 cats, one pushing the 5 pound mark (FIGURES!!!). It actually got cold also with a pretty good breeze for most the night. Well, I'm off to the Sierras next week for a little camping.
I'm looking forward to fishing on the 24th, it should be a blast.
tight lines....:Cool:

dixoncider
09-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the report..Hooks...

fish ful
09-12-2011, 09:38 AM
I was out that night too. got in the water about 8pm. Girlfriend was taking so long to get ready i didn't get to the lake when i wanted. We went to the back of the flats. no action. after about 2 hrs we moved to get out of the cold wind. Found a nice spot off to the side of the flats near the road. after about 30 mins got our first cat. then i got hooked up again and lost it in the brush. Later she hooked up with a nice 4# cat. by this time it was time to go. Got 2 cats for dinner and a good time.