PDA

View Full Version : Halibut hunt

rusn007
09-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Hey, I have been trying here and there (Marina del Rey jetty, Santa Monica and Malibu) to catch a Halibut from the shore with no success. Not sure if its my technique or just a lack of patients, but I haven't been lucky (not even small ones). :Embarrassed:

I have fished almost everything else that you can catch from the shore (shovel noses, sting rays, leopard sharks, YFCs, perch, corbinas, etc...) so I'm not novice to the game.

Anyone interested in joining up and or don't mind sharing some good spots or techniques, please PM me. I live in SF Valley (but wouldn't mind doing some driving for a good spot).

Thanks

madbass
09-09-2011, 04:04 PM
its hard. ive been added for some time now and been catching tons of small ones off Cherry Beach on a crocodile. thats the only spot thats produced for me but im ready to try a new spot.
good luck!

vanillagurilla
09-09-2011, 04:08 PM
:) its 95% technique, 3% where your fishing and 2% luck. Pm me, were heading out tomarow AM somewhere maybe you could meet up and check out the gear, ammo we use and how we use it. hali from the surf is kinda tough unless your fishing spots with near 0 surf, i keep close to the rocks ;).

yankdez
09-09-2011, 04:14 PM
I'm in the same boat, but maybe we could meet up still.

Karyn
09-09-2011, 04:18 PM
Runs007-
I feel you pain man... really. I've been at it since May/June. It helps when someone shows you how.

Vanillagurilla,
I have the luck, so I guess I am missing the other 98% :( But it shure has been fun trying :) Nice tat by the way!

If you guys want to let me in on the secret, I'm all ears! I could use the help too and your secrets are safe with me!

madbass
09-09-2011, 04:45 PM
dont leave me out....i wanna go too!

smokehound
09-09-2011, 05:00 PM
If you're catching pancakes in large numbers in an area, keep it up, there's usually a few nice models laying down with the pancakes.

Remember to fan-cast. You can cover tons of ground that way.

GETBIT!
09-09-2011, 05:24 PM
What are ya using to get that could be a maker or breaker, little diff than fiching rays sharks etc