PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in China - Report

FreeWilly
08-14-2007, 02:34 AM
Hey guys:

Dam, its at LEAST 2 years since I posted a fishing report. Or was it? :shock:

Well, Im currently vacationing in China at this moment (Shantou, Guangdong province), and I went fishing today. Here's the report:

Basically, it was rainy and wet today. Me and a cousin took a boat over to the island opposite of the main city. We got our tickets to go in, got our poles and baits, and we settled down to fish.

My cousin was owning the fish for the first 20 ~ 30 mins. He got 4 fish, and a ton of missed strikes. I was getting skunked. Then I started getting strikes myself, but a ton of misses. :evil:

I waited patiently and I got one hooked in a few minutes. It was a good-sized saltwater sunfish, estimated at a half-pound. Unfortunately, that fish was deep-hooked, and we ended up going through the gills to get the hook out, killing the fish in the process. :(

For the next hour and a half, the fish were biting like crazy, partially because of the steady rain. I got a lot of strikes (I was using a bobber, easily detectable strikes), but I only got some of the striking fishes. Foir a short time, I was getting fish every minute and a half. And the good news was, most of the fish I brought up were hooked at the mouth. :D

The fishing was pretty good today. Me and my cousin got 14 saltwater sunfishes between us. (I got 10, he got 4). Released 7 of the small ones for them to live another day. The remaining 7, they're going to be eaten tonight for dinner! :twisted:

Im having a fun time in China right now. I might go fishing again before I leave Shantou on Friday. But I might get to fish at the other city Im going to visit at the end of the week......

:twisted:

Dont have pics right now, as Im using my cousin's comupter. And the camera sorta had problems while we're fishing. There goes the good pics, o well. :(

Troutman65
08-14-2007, 11:57 AM
Very cool a fishing report from China !!!!!

Thanks for sharing on FNN

8)

Troutman65

Were you wearing a Team 57 shirt in any of the pics.?

Robert trout hunter
09-05-2007, 09:00 PM
:D cool

Fisherman57
09-05-2007, 10:44 PM
You're a stud Willy.

Thanks for the report from China!........... now get back here and do your schoolwork so I can hire you as my attorney. :lol:

Granny Fish
09-05-2007, 11:13 PM
Great to hear from you again Willy... all the way from China. 8)

one_leg
09-05-2007, 11:30 PM
I could have swore that I replied to this post once before. Maybe there was another fishing report from China posted by Free Willy?

Congrats to you!!!

One_Leg

matt duarte
09-06-2007, 08:10 AM
Guangdong :lol: :lol: :lol: you said dong

sweet report! maybe their should be a out of country report section....
china! thats bad a55 man! safe travels to ya bro!

CASTAWAY
09-07-2007, 09:37 AM
Great report. 8)

saintarv
09-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Great report. 8)

Ditto...

synenergy52
10-05-2007, 12:24 PM
My gf is from that EXACT area. Cool beans!

britheguy
10-05-2007, 03:53 PM
Sweet man! Nice job. Have a safe flight home!