PDA

View Full Version : right on the lake camping

golfish
09-08-2011, 04:07 PM
hey all,
The tubes are ready and so are we. I'm waiting another week and watching the weather for a good 5 day window after the full moon to take my son (9 years old) fishing\camping. We would really like to stay at a campground thats right on the lake. Looks like Mary will be closed and I can't find anything about lake George, its almost like that camp sank into the lake. I figure if Mary is closing on the 10th so will George. I open for all suggestions from Bishop to Bridgeport, just would like trees and a nice campground thats right on the lake

Thanks

Mark and Son

sierraslam
09-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Rock Creek Lake campground should still be open. I usually camp on the creek at Iris Meadow if I can get a spot.

golfish
09-08-2011, 04:29 PM
You read my mind :) I was just looking at that. I figure we are going up on a Wed, arriving around noonish so we should have a good pick, you know how that goes tho :) Thank you sir.

Do you know why Lake George and Reds Meadow campgrounds are gone? I can't find any info on either. They have seem to vanished off the face of the web;)

golfish
09-13-2011, 03:59 PM
I need some more suggestions here, please!!! I'm thinking Virgina lakes now. I'm reading that they do very well this time of year, the lakes are smaller and maybe better for my newbie son to tube. What about the lakes down by Bishop? South lake maybe. I've never been up to those lakes. I can't find any campgrounds that are open up there.

Thanks for your help

Mark

1HR2BBL
09-13-2011, 04:11 PM
I believe North Lake (Bishop) has a walk in campground, I can't remember if it's right on the lake or not.

IncredibleHuck
09-13-2011, 05:45 PM
Twin lakes in mammoth!