PDA

View Full Version : Tubing Gull lake?

mytyt
09-08-2011, 02:27 PM
Plan on going up in two weeks and would like to tube Gull. Is there a good place to launch? Plan on fly fishing and any tips will help.

golfish
09-08-2011, 02:53 PM
tagging along on this one. I plan to camp up at Reverse creek campground starting the 21st...5 day tubing trip with my son. I've never had much luck fly fishing\tubing the loop.

SierraPeaks
09-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Plan on going up in two weeks and would like to tube Gull. Is there a good place to launch? Plan on fly fishing and any tips will help.

There are countless places to launch at Gull. Take your pick on what looks good to you.
Good luck...the Loop's been fishing really well lately.

phishin phool
09-10-2011, 04:11 PM

The two places I've launched have produced very well.
1. At launch ramp, straight out is a spot called "the brookie hole" one of the best spots on the lake. Cruising out in front of the marina rocks is good too.
2. On the backside of the lake is a road to what is called "cartop launch and picnic area", kinda rough but just take it slow if ya got a car. this is a great spot as well, as it gets you to the reed area which is one of the best spots as well.
i will be up there form the 21-25th.