PDA

View Full Version : Irvine is the bunkest lake ever

kudogg
09-07-2011, 12:40 PM
I always hear about these great fishing reports where people "slay" or "kill it" and I must be honest, not only have I NEVER "slayed" or "killed it" but NOBODY I HAVE EVER MET IN PERSON has ever done well at this lake. This is a PRIVATE LAKE, made to MAKE MONEY, and I do not believe they stock this lake any more than a public lake.

btw... I went on August 13 and caught 2 catfish at night. Nobody else on the lake caught anything either. As I always look around at the other boats

I am no Roland Martin, but I am a decent fisherman, and I have indeed "slayed" and "killed". I also fish with other fisherman who are superior to me and they too never catch siht in Irvine.

Every time I go there, I catch 1 or 2 fish and go home. I look at the other boats coming in, and they too, only catch 1 or 2 fish and go home.

Yet, on this forum, I see all these crazy pictures of millions of fish. I'm just posting this out of frustration. I ran into some friends camping and they introduced me to a fishing guru, and he was like, "yeah man, I never catch shhht in Irvine" It's taken me a long time to figure it out but all these reports, in my opinion, are complete nonsense.

I know fishing reports are sometimes, positive, sometimes negative, but this is my opinion.

I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but IRVINE IS BUNK.

fish ful
09-07-2011, 01:31 PM
Irvine is a good lake. but like all fishing. sometimes you catch them and sometime you don't. I would say i catch fish about 20-30% of my trips. That means i DON'T catch any fish 70-80% of the time. Is it the lake? NO. It's the fish, the conditions, the location your fishing in and the setup and bait used.

Hire a guide like Donny S. and you will see it's not the lake. I only go to Irvine when the conditions are good for the fish i target. Even then you will have a hard time. I have had days at Irvine when i catch 50-100 fish. Then i'll go the next day and not catch one. same place same bait. That's fishing buddy.

Hope you have better luck next time if you go. Try the lake during trout season. It seems to be the easy to catch time of the year.

etucker1959
09-07-2011, 01:41 PM
I came to the same conculsion several years ago. What really confirmed it to me, was when I would look in the trash can by the cleaning station at the end of the night and only see three dead catfish heads in it. Ya Ya I know someone always catches some fish, and say's to you buddy you don't know to fish for them, which is probablly true. But if you were to interview 100 people and only 10 people really caught fish would you take those odds. Also add up the price, the only really good reason to fish for catfish at the vine is for a monster catfish. The kind that's 30lbs or bigger but alas I have a theory on that there all dead. If you want to debate that bring it on. The DFG is now stocking the regional parks thru Nov. The fish are only a little bit smaller and you can catch and release to your hearts content and the best part it's FREE FREE FREE with a fishing license.

beastmode
09-07-2011, 01:49 PM
i discovered this a few years ago and will never be back.

the fact of the matter is they plant the same amount of fish as they did 5 years ago but there are 10 times as many fisherman now on a daily basis. i'm talking about trout season btw. i can't imagine the cat fishing season to be any better.

there are some guys on here who do well on a consistent basis. i'm a pretty good fisherman and i can't catch a damn thing there. lol

fishindude420
09-07-2011, 02:13 PM
I dunno what irvine lake your fishing but the one i fish slays! lol. You just gotta figure out the fish man. Have you ever heard the saying 10 percent of fishermen catch 90 percent of the fish? That is VERY true in my eyes because usually only 10 percent know what there really doing. If your gonna go again and want any pointers pm me id be glad to help you out

reservoir dog
09-07-2011, 02:19 PM
I don't always fish Irvine but when I do...I SKUNK! :Fishing Hole:

Tight lines my friends!

Cpt. Heffanio
09-07-2011, 02:28 PM
I have been floating around Perris and DVL mainly but because of the scorching heat we decided it may be WORTH the extra $40 and go to Irvine. I was wrong... It was still 100* out there.

Irvine USED to be my favorite until this summer. I would rent a boat one or twice a summer and go out there looking for lmb. In years past I would do pretty good, get alot of bites and boat maybe 2-5 good size fish in a half day rental boat.

But now I have my own boat (finally) and we went out on the 28th a couple weeks ago. I thought it would be busting loose.... but NAY I say. We got there about 10 and It was completely DEAD most of the day. I didn't even see arches on the graphs. I got ONE single bite at 3:30 just about the time the patrol came around to kick us off. It ended up being a good solid 2 lb largemouth, but it was A LOT of work for just one fish. I only saw 3-4 other boats fishing and they were shaking their heads and exchanging looks of frustration. Maybe it was the heat??

But what was WORSE than a near skunk?? Irvine is on "The List".....??
The list of lakes infected with mussels. I was at Perris on Monday and they ALMOST did not let me on because I was at Irvine a week prior. But because I didn't head up until Monday and I was at Irvine on Sunday I was clear of the 7 day quarantine.
And unfortunately they don't go out of their way to tell you this.

$60 in fees to catch ONE Largemouth?? And get barred from EVERY other lake for 7 days?!? I'd say... not worth it. Unless you want to go to a RAVE

Ifishtoolittle
09-07-2011, 02:41 PM
I dunno what irvine lake your fishing but the one i fish slays! lol. You just gotta figure out the fish man. Have you ever heard the saying 10 percent of fishermen catch 90 percent of the fish? That is VERY true in my eyes because usually only 10 percent know what there really doing. If your gonna go again and want any pointers pm me id be glad to help you out

Figure out the fish and the lake. That is so true in my book.

hooks
09-07-2011, 02:56 PM
kuudog,
I "SLAYED" them on the 13th. Maybe you just don't know what your doing or are doing it in the wrong place.
You and the Capt. don't have to go there, more fish for me and everyone else. You're wrong and that's fine but I get to post my opinion too.

Surfer
09-07-2011, 02:58 PM
What are you guys talking about? Irvine is "The Lake That Wants You to Catch Fish"! Lol

HawgStalker
09-07-2011, 03:15 PM
I don't always fish Irvine but when I do...I SKUNK! :Fishing Hole:

Tight lines my friends!

LOL! Thats hilarious...

Hometown
09-07-2011, 04:31 PM
I have caught my limit of cats the last 7 times out is that slow fishing.The reason for no heads in the trash can is the birds pull them out right away.

5150fishn
09-07-2011, 04:42 PM
I am not going to put in my 2 cents about catfishing at Irvine because I have not fished it for cats. Although I know many who do and consistantly limit. But this is my go to lake for trout season and rarely do I get a skunk and most times have limits and sometimes double limits of trout. This lake is off the hook during trout season and by far my favorite local lake.

vanillagurilla
09-07-2011, 04:42 PM
no matter how good/ bad the fishing is.... i always catch a buzz lol!!

smokehound
09-07-2011, 04:52 PM
If you're shore fishing at mid-day when temps are over 90 degrees, then you will have slow action.

I bet most of you were C-rigging with 20 lb test :ROFL:

ToonaTangler
09-07-2011, 04:57 PM
I have always had great success on the trout fishing at the vine, get a boat and troll a fire tiger rapala and you will do just fine.

vicioustattoo
09-07-2011, 05:00 PM
no matter how good/ bad the fishing is.... i always catch a buzz lol!!

I thought this was the real reason people went fishing, or baseball games for that matter. haha!

Cpt. Heffanio
09-07-2011, 06:53 PM
kuudog,
I "SLAYED" them on the 13th. Maybe you just don't know what your doing or are doing it in the wrong place.
You and the Capt. don't have to go there, more fish for me and everyone else. You're wrong and that's fine but I get to post my opinion too.

Sorry Guys, I didn't mean to dog on your home waters. It used to be one of my favorites, but I ALWAYS catch fish. No matter where I am... Except that lake on that day. Don't throw a battery at me. LOL

muskyman
09-07-2011, 07:38 PM
Sometimes I catch fish at Irvine as well. If fishin was easy sport, none of us would be doin it.

guide
09-07-2011, 07:59 PM
i have fished irvine since i was a little kid. it takes experience. i have it. i have been in alot of pictures and reports. i do have days were i catch 1 or 2 fish but that is fishing. if you need some tips or pointers or want to be guided pm me. i will always help. sometimes its the setup that the fisherman uses. if you dont have the right setup you wont catch ****. hit me up.

guide
09-07-2011, 08:12 PM
you can also look up irvine lake fishing or dakinebud187 on youtube. i have alot of fishing videos from irvine. i can make you some of the lures i use. im always willing to help people out.

HBAR
09-07-2011, 08:28 PM
I've only been to Irvine lake 4 times, the first time my cousin and I got skunked, then we went back in november, caught a 3lb or so trout from shore then we got nothing else, I went out in my kick boat and tried a bunch of different spots for nothing, then way out in the middle of no where about 200 yds away from my cousin and family I hook up 2 trout back to back, then got nothing for a while moved to a different spot and eventually ended up where I previously got the 2 bam another one, talked to a guy on a kayak and while sharing with him what I was doing bam another one, 5 fish limit for me for a total of over 10 pounds. Then in April my son and a friend went to the trout season opener, we soak bait for about 2 1/2 hours when HOOK UP I end up playing with this girl (trout fellas) for 10-20 mins or so on 3lb test to bring in the biggest trout of my life up to this point and end up winning the opener with a 10.9 pound trout (she would have weighed more had I paid attention while holding her up and people were taking pictures, she was pumping out eggs like crazy), my son later hooked into a 2.7 pound steel head I believe. Now fast forward to July my son and parents spending my birthday on the lake, we motor on a pontoon rental all the way to the dam, first cast while showing my son how to fish a lip ripperz jig he hooks into a 2-3 lb bass.

So here's the tally, been to Irvine 4 times skunked once, been to corona twice skunked once, been to SARL 16 times skunked 14, now where do you think I'll be fishing for trout this coming season? It sure wont be SARL.

mil sonrisas
09-07-2011, 08:30 PM
before i moved to california, i had never fished at a pay lake. i grew up 5 minutes from any fishing hole i fished at, salt water or freshwater. when i got stationed at ft irwin i almost cried on thew drive in. actually, i did tear up a bit. then i found out that i was only a couple of hours away from a few bodies of water. when i read that these lakes were stocked, i figured it would be like " shooting fish in a barrel". well, i was wrong. i have skunked half of the times i've gone fishing, if not mkore. but, for me it's more about getting out of the desert and sitting by the water. it would be cool if i could do that without driving for 2 hours, but it sure is a great thing to be able to get away and sit by the water.

Thisfool
09-07-2011, 08:52 PM
I always hear about these great fishing reports where people "slay" or "kill it" and I must be honest, not only have I NEVER "slayed" or "killed it" but NOBODY I HAVE EVER MET IN PERSON has ever done well at this lake. This is a PRIVATE LAKE, made to MAKE MONEY, and I do not believe they stock this lake any more than a public lake.

btw... I went on August 13 and caught 2 catfish at night. Nobody else on the lake caught anything either. As I always look around at the other boats

I am no Roland Martin, but I am a decent fisherman, and I have indeed "slayed" and "killed". I also fish with other fisherman who are superior to me and they too never catch siht in Irvine.

Every time I go there, I catch 1 or 2 fish and go home. I look at the other boats coming in, and they too, only catch 1 or 2 fish and go home.

Yet, on this forum, I see all these crazy pictures of millions of fish. I'm just posting this out of frustration. I ran into some friends camping and they introduced me to a fishing guru, and he was like, "yeah man, I never catch shhht in Irvine" It's taken me a long time to figure it out but all these reports, in my opinion, are complete nonsense.

I know fishing reports are sometimes, positive, sometimes negative, but this is my opinion.

yea man i feel you totally.

you know where else sucks to go fishing it is horrible i don't think they stock fish at all it is such bunk man The PACIFIC OCEAN man that place sucks ive never seen any fish in the trash cans when ever i go i only catch a few fish it is such bs i don't believe anyone who says the catch a lot of fish in the ocean there liars.

p.s.

member since 2006 and that was your 35 post thanks for the contributing to the community so much. why dont you put in some more reports and post before you bash a lake that does so much and goes so far out of there way for us.

hooks
09-07-2011, 08:53 PM
Sorry Guys, I didn't mean to dog on your home waters. It used to be one of my favorites, but I ALWAYS catch fish. No matter where I am... Except that lake on that day. Don't throw a battery at me. LOL

No worries, it all just sounded kinda harsh.
I don't throw batteries unless you're trying to kill me with your boat.
tight lines....

fish-o-haulic
09-07-2011, 09:32 PM
I have never fished irvine but i will say it does get annoying somewhat to a degree to hear come on this site hear how people slay, fish the same lake the day or 2 after a someone "slayed" and get one thing or nothing at all. I dont claim to be the best fisherman alive and i dont call myself a fishing expert not meaning it serioulsly anyway, but to skunk after someone slays hear at the lake how other people got skunked then to hear people say you dont know how to fish the lake is somewhat bothersome in a way. last week I had a freind go to castaic after i showed him a couple of reports on here then he went out there skunked other people skunked and he told me that other people read reports hear on fnn and someother forums of how the bite was going off and wide open or what not. I guess in a way this was a mini rant cuz ive been on a few trips this year and am still trying to fight off the skunk.

evosamurai
09-07-2011, 09:55 PM
yeah all u guys that get skunked there are going about it the wrong way, u need to change your rigs to adapt to the environment, this is the rig u should use

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adBm7U9-8OM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW150U-RuTE&feature=related

DynoDan
09-07-2011, 10:06 PM
I fish many lakes from pay to "free". It's name is fishing not catching! Irvine has been good to me most the time. Learn what the fish want, when they want it, and how they want it then you will get more fish. I'm not a fan of there reports on here cuz there always the same. " catch cats in the flats, catch trout on the west shore"
Just go out and fish! Look I have never had any luck at sarl so I know how this guy feels. But I also know it's because I don't put in the time to learn the place. Now LNL I have learned and catch fish all the time because I put the time in! Please don't blame the lake , plant the seed , water it , then bear the fruit!

evosamurai
09-07-2011, 10:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKn2WpvywMg&feature=related

mjc89
09-07-2011, 10:33 PM

At irvine you just have to find the spots. Im pretty sure they do stock fish each week its just that the lake is so big for the amount of fish they put in. The last time me and my brother went we fished from shore but there was alot of grass. It was hard fishing but we still managed to catch 5. Some guys in front of us in a boat landed 6 that we saw but they were there before we had got there. one time me and my dad went and we caught 8 that night in about an hour and a half. When it gets dark is when they start biting. So i mean theres fish in there you just have to locate them.

crappiemike
09-08-2011, 12:30 AM
do you know how to fish j/k lol//

i don't mess really with that stock
fish!!!! i go to the grocery store!!!

been fishing irvine since around 82ish,

its one of the close's lakes around that has

wild crappie's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its still a good lake to fish,,,,,

teampanfish

crappiemike

Jeremy Wade Jr
09-08-2011, 12:51 AM
Only went there once and it was aight' caught a couple of LMB's with some live crawdads.. better than catching the skunk @ SARL.

WOODWARD7
09-08-2011, 07:55 AM
We go there every saturday and we catch fish all the time. This is the best lake in southern california.
Team woodward slayers

JigStop
09-08-2011, 09:14 AM
Dude doesn't know how to fish, period.

karalm
09-08-2011, 10:57 AM
To all FNN'ers
Like everything in life there are wanna be's, players. posers and the like and then there are the real deal people who stop, look and listen and learn. On the internet and in these fishing chat rooms there are many wanna be's who like myself, stopped, listen, read and learned after many years away from my home lake - Irvine. After a year of learning and seeing what Irvine has to offer again to me, I am fishing at Irvine and catching fish almost everytime. In the last year, I have fished and logged my trials and efforts and after 10 trips to date, only one skunk!! This lake is fickle but has many spots that produce. IF you are willing to learn and be patient, Irvine works for many on this site. I have seen and heard of their tails and these people are real and generally committed fisher-persons (ladies included). If no go for you then post on the city lakes or other holes that are free so you can practice more and realize your potential. Remember, not all people are fisherman like all people are not brain surgeons and are instead trash collectors. Different strokes for different folks!!

smokehound
09-08-2011, 11:24 AM
you can always try for some shellcrackers. irvine actually has decent redear sunfish.

Cpt. Heffanio
09-08-2011, 12:30 PM
ROFL That's awesome. Holy S#!t I need a beer...

Jfishy
09-08-2011, 03:16 PM
This is the best lake in southern california.
Team woodward slayers

You have got to be kidding...No offense to Irvine but the best lake in So.Cal is a bit of a strecth.

fish-o-haulic
09-08-2011, 03:21 PM
I fish many lakes from pay to "free". It's name is fishing not catching! Irvine has been good to me most the time. Learn what the fish want, when they want it, and how they want it then you will get more fish. I'm not a fan of there reports on here cuz there always the same. " catch cats in the flats, catch trout on the west shore"
Just go out and fish! Look I have never had any luck at sarl so I know how this guy feels. But I also know it's because I don't put in the time to learn the place. Now LNL I have learned and catch fish all the time because I put the time in! Please don't blame the lake , plant the seed , water it , then bear the fruit!

I mainly get mad because im a person who cant just jump up and fish at will like most people on this site seem to be able to do. so i try to make every trip worth it.

casting call
09-08-2011, 04:20 PM
I mainly get mad because im a person who cant just jump up and fish at will like most people on this site seem to be able to do. so i try to make every trip worth it.

Ask the guys at the rental docks. They almost always ask everyone that comes in how they did and where they fished so they know the latest scoop. Yeah its expensive to pay the entrance fee, rent a boat and then to be skunked it sucks! I only have my little toon so if I want to fish at night i have to rent a boat. Let me know if you want to share a boat on a friday or saturday night and we'll see if we can make your trip worth it.

dixoncider
09-08-2011, 04:35 PM
I have no idea how many times I have been to lake Irvine probably in the low 100's I have never been skunked and more often than not get a limit of trout or catfish and some pretty good bass fishing at time also.UN-like a lot of other lakes the info to catch fish at Irvine is easy to get..all you have to do is ask..One thing I will say is that it is a boat lake now, the shore looks to be pretty tough to fish..I have seen the truck stock fish and the staff has been nothing but cool to me from the first time I went out there...for what it worth...

Thisfool
09-08-2011, 06:36 PM
You have got to be kidding...No offense to Irvine but the best lake in So.Cal is a bit of a strecth.

western outdoors news did name it the best catfish lake in California

Hometown
09-08-2011, 06:53 PM
If you caught some fish you might see the birds in waiting

LOL! Thats hilarious...

etucker1959
09-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Alls western outdoors news now needs to do is name Corona and SARL the best trout lakes in California and they covered all there big advertisers.

hooks
09-08-2011, 09:24 PM
It's called fishing and not catching for a reason.......:Soap Box:
:Big Smile:

DynoDan
09-08-2011, 11:37 PM

Well then do your home work. Ask ? S on this site to find out what is working when it's working and why it's working. So when you get your time to fish you are prepared to do just that. No reason to get mad just get informed before you go. I've seen at lest 2 invites in this thread imagine if you asked questions before you went out. People love to share info to an exstent on this site, so use it to your advatage

evosamurai
09-09-2011, 07:21 AM
this must be why i dont catch fish here http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/evosamurai/20_0_circle_hook.jpg maybe ill try it at huckleberry pond

guide
09-09-2011, 07:24 AM
alot of people would share. i would for sure. doesnt mean you will catch anything. ask. dont be scared

skylarjames2009
09-09-2011, 10:41 AM
Wow this is a great debate I say it bootie if its the firsttime going and you have no idea where to fish. I will never go back myself cause they charge to dam much money to catch stocked cats. Its a great place to have annual picnic for irvine lake and orange county res but the next picnic should be at the lagoon in castaic so much more to offer for the buck. And about that lake called the ocean it was stocked one time by god and its the best lake in the world.

Stormcrow
09-09-2011, 11:08 AM
Irvine is ok if you want to catch stocker trout and get a chance at a big cat from time to time. I like that its closeby (to me in Corona anyway) I would never drop my boat in there but I have had decent bass action and there are some big females that I always seem to see bedding in the springtime when I do go with my friends. I think its a little expensive for my taste I would rather fish Perris or DVL...

I think its a great lake to rent a boat and take kids fishing though...

30lber
09-09-2011, 11:10 AM
Wait till the up coming winter trout stock.
The west shore will be crowded and everyone
will have the 10'000 amp speakers on to blow
out your ear drums.
The shore line will be crowded with rude and abnoxious
drunks who want to pick a fight with you.
I have not been there in over a hundred years cause of this.
That whole place is littered with JUST GOT OUT OF JAIL kinda
people.
Had my wife with me and all the cussing and blowing whistles
at my wife steered me away from never going back to tjat piece of sheet junk hole.
Go pack.n the next time you go.
A friend ( badfish2 ) loves it there.
Its his kinda enviroment.lol

WOODWARD7
09-09-2011, 11:34 AM
Everyone that hates on irvine does not know how to fish straight up. Ive read so many comments from idiots it makes me laugh. Go ahead and go pay your 22 dollars at corona and santa ana for 6 hours of fishing wow what a great deal ha. Irvine is open 6am to 12am and its not 60 bucks. All the guys that dont think these reports are real come out to irvine and watch the show every weekend. If u want to catch fish just ask plain and simple.

HawgStalker
09-09-2011, 11:42 AM
If you caught some fish you might see the birds in waiting

What are you talking about dude? Please explain....

I was merely laughing at a joke....

Cpt. Heffanio
09-09-2011, 11:58 AM
WOW!! This is getting ridiculous...LOL. I think we may have drawn to much aggro.

Tonyc521
09-09-2011, 12:34 PM
Santa ana river lakes are slow most of the time, you really need to be there 1-2 days after they plant the trout for your best chance, I've had great days and plenty of slow day's, the lake regulars always seem to catch fish even when most people are getting skunked.

fish-o-haulic
09-09-2011, 04:12 PM
Well then do your home work. Ask ? S on this site to find out what is working when it's working and why it's working. So when you get your time to fish you are prepared to do just that. No reason to get mad just get informed before you go. I've seen at lest 2 invites in this thread imagine if you asked questions before you went out. People love to share info to an exstent on this site, so use it to your advatage

Wow! I ask questions all the time half my thread have been questions people started getting mad because at one point in time some thought I was asking too many questions some people tell me just to go out fish and find out for myself. I personally don't find a problem with questions to help reinforce the knowledge you have but I really only take like 5 trips a year tops not counting my aqueduct trips so I really can't stand skunks though I do know that is just the nature of fishing

casting call
09-09-2011, 04:14 PM
All the guys that dont think these reports are real come out to irvine and watch the show every weekend.

Dude, I know your reports are real. I take notes everytime I anchor up next to you...lol:Worship:

casting call
09-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Wait till the up coming winter trout stock.
The west shore will be crowded and everyone
will have the 10'000 amp speakers on to blow
out your ear drums.
The shore line will be crowded with rude and abnoxious
drunks who want to pick a fight with you.
I have not been there in over a hundred years cause of this.
That whole place is littered with JUST GOT OUT OF JAIL kinda
people.
Had my wife with me and all the cussing and blowing whistles
at my wife steered me away from never going back to tjat piece of sheet junk hole.
Go pack.n the next time you go.
A friend ( badfish2 ) loves it there.
Its his kinda enviroment.lol

I do have to agree with you on this one. Last season I was fishing from shore, and these 7 dudes came up between me and the guy next to me who was only about 8 ft away. They squeezed themselves in and even set up between me and the the water line, and even behind me... what a joke. those bastards. Even when I told them that they had to move, all they could say was WE WANT TO FISH NEXT TO OUR BUDDY MAN. WE PAID TO FISH HERE TOO.... I had to hold myself back from punching that guy.. and also because there were 7 of them and only one of me..haha

zzzfish
09-09-2011, 04:38 PM
You just got to put some time into the lake. I started fishing Irvine 3 years ago and I got skunk 6-7 times in a row but I keep coming back. I haven't skunk at that lake the last 2 years. This year the catfish season is off because of all the water that we got but if you put in the time to learn about the lake then you can still catch some fish there.

whopperstopper
09-09-2011, 10:05 PM
Fishing there for bass tommorw in the morning...I'll post pic's and show you How we Doo's it...you cant show up at 10 and then complain fishing was slow... to the guy who started this post...

Surfer
09-10-2011, 01:31 AM
Just got back from Irvine with my cousin and a buddy trying for catfish. We fished from 6pm til closing. Me and my cousin caught one small catfish a piece and my friend skunked. It was sloooow. The boat rental guy said today was slow but yesterday was better. The weather tonight was cold and a bit too breezy for my liking.

WOODWARD7
09-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Look at our report from saturday team woodward. Whats so bunk bout that!!!!!!!

Surfer
09-12-2011, 02:09 PM
Team Surfer needs to make another trip out there soon!

BigBass777
09-12-2011, 07:49 PM
When younger, I must have went to Irvine lake for the 11th time before ever catching a trout. Have gained and learned much more since those trips. Of course we always shore fished from either both trout island or woody's cove. Then the few times we rented a boat we still had a tough time. At the time it was $10.00 to get in. Since then the admission price has doubled and more anglers are on the lake.

Also went to Irvine Lake in recent years for catfish with a skunk also. Only to come back 2 more times and catch an easy limit on each outing. My friend went last week with his son and they blanked also. With the water being up the catfish are hiding in the trees. They fished the trees while a boat near them caught em.

The night the 4 of us blanked for catfish, we watched a boat with 6 guys on it load up with catfish. They were using mackerel off of Trout Island/point in 25ft of water. A small split shot on 4lb line. I had 6lb line and they were being finicky. How do you explain it? Go fishing on the day or on a day after the stocking for better results?

smokehound
09-12-2011, 08:42 PM
It's a good lake. Caught my very first LMB here, was awesome.

paintsn
09-13-2011, 08:03 AM
life without a challenge at times wouldnt be meaningfull... I myself dont mind the challenge..specially all the derbies they be having.. thanks for the post.. love learning from others.

cant wait for the trouts to arrive again!

Hitts0n
09-13-2011, 07:45 PM
There's only 1 true Irvine Lake guru is thats " Mitz " and I really really doubt that he told u this lake sucks for fishing !! LMAO!
Mitz 0wnz Irvine and so d0es Team 57 !! Irvine is the best private lake in the w0rld !!
HHHAHHHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAAAA !!
BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME BUDDY !!

Stormcrow
09-13-2011, 08:14 PM
You guys know whats funny? There is such a shortage of freshwater fishable area here in So Cal that ANY LAKE IS A GOOD LAKE...I dont care how bad the fishing is....

You go to other states and there are lakes on every corner...so many LMB that they are a nuisance....flipping and pichin all day.....Many out of state lakes make places like Castaic, and Diamond dinky.... Hell, you gotta go to the Delta to do some REAL fishing with lighter pressure here in CA....

And people are complaining about iffy fishing at Irvine? OMGWTFBBQ!!! LOLZ!

This thread is ironically funny.

Troutoholic
09-14-2011, 08:23 AM
There's only 1 true Irvine Lake guru is thats " Mitz " and I really really doubt that he told u this lake sucks for fishing !! LMAO!
Mitz 0wnz Irvine and so d0es Team 57 !! Irvine is the best private lake in the w0rld !!
BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME BUDDY !!
REALLY???? I thought Troutman65 was the Irvine lake Guru??? http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?11886-Ask-the-Irvine-Lake-Guru

smokehound
09-14-2011, 12:42 PM
BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME BUDDY !!I wouldn't go THAT far.

Troutman65
09-14-2011, 01:43 PM
REALLY???? I thought Troutman65 was the Irvine lake Guru??? http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?11886-Ask-the-Irvine-Lake-Guru

Oh , Troutoholic, Long time no see on FNN. I was the Irvine Lake Guru for a short period of time . I think Mitz has been there long enough for that title . We will see you around at the fishing hole very soon old fishing friend .

fish-o-haulic
09-14-2011, 03:04 PM
I wouldn't go THAT far.

I know considering that the best fishing in california is the worst fishing in other states.

Marley
09-15-2011, 12:40 PM

Irvine Lake has been recignized as one of the best catfish lake in the country by Outdoor Life and Field and Stream for a very long time, not so much for its stocking program but because of its potential for producing big blues.

smokehound
09-15-2011, 11:26 PM
Irvine Lake has been recignized as one of the best catfish lake in the country by Outdoor Life and Field and Stream for a very long time, not so much for its stocking program but because of its potential for producing big blues.that's true, irvine has some huge blues, but they'll never get as big as that 143 pounder caught in june!

Hitts0n
09-16-2011, 10:53 AM
Where's One_Leg when you need um? :Secret::Secret::ROFL:

WOODWARD7
09-16-2011, 11:33 AM
Team woodward will be there all day saturday slaying bass wiper and catfish!!!!!!!!!!!! Fish on

chye
09-16-2011, 11:38 AM
I know considering that the best fishing in california is the worst fishing in other states.

^^^^ the truth

etucker1959
09-16-2011, 02:26 PM
Irvine Lake has been recignized as one of the best catfish lake in the country by Outdoor Life and Field and Stream for a very long time, not so much for its stocking program but because of its potential for producing big blues.
I was hoping someone would bring up the topic of big catfish at Irvine lake, and someone took the bait. Iv'e been reading fishing reports about Irvine lake since the early 70's. For the next 30 years I would see pictures and hear stories about monster catfish caught every year at the vine. Some of my favorite stories were when guys would slow troll mackeral at night just for monster catfish. Another one was, guys would see the monster catfish spawning in shallow water and catch one of the smaller ones and it would way 60 lbs. Heck even when Jimmy Houston filmed his TV program at the Vine and he even caught a 40 pounder. Sounds great right! So what's the problem Dude, you just justified Irvine lake is one of the premier catfish lakes in the country.
Here's the problem, the management got so interested in stocking SUPER TROUT they forgot to stock any blue catfish for the next 20 years. Yea Yea I know the blues would probably just reproduce or that's what management hoped would happen. Well they probably did on some small scale. Remember a couple of weeks ago they caught a 5 lbs blue catfish and management made a big deal about it. They made a big deal about it because they didn't stock it, it was probably born their. So what happened to all the monster catfish THEY DIED OF OLD AGE. I think the management at Irvine lake feared that what happened and they panicked. To try to cover up their mistake a few years back they made 3 or 4 stockings of 10-20lbs blue catfish and made them all catch and release fish. This is all that what is left of the great blue catfishing at Irvine lake. So far this year they caught 4 teen blue catfish, and two 20 pounders surely these fish came from those 3 or 4 stockings. What Irvine lake management needs to do is stock at least two 10-20 lbs blue catfish stockings each year indefinitely to truly rebuild Irvine lake back to what it once was. I hope the management is listening. Please I don't hear about we caught two monster blue catfish in the last 10 years.Till they catch something over 35 lbs again for that would prove not all of the old catfish didn't die of old age. Just my two cents. If anyone think's I'm full of it please let me know.

fish-o-haulic
09-16-2011, 03:25 PM
would that explain why they want blues released.

smokehound
09-16-2011, 03:57 PM
I was hoping someone would bring up the topic of big catfish at Irvine lake, and someone took the bait. Iv'e been reading fishing reports about Irvine lake since the early 70's. For the next 30 years I would see pictures and hear stories about monster catfish caught every year at the vine. Some of my favorite stories were when guys would slow troll mackeral at night just for monster catfish. Another one was, guys would see the monster catfish spawning in shallow water and catch one of the smaller ones and it would way 60 lbs. Heck even when Jimmy Houston filmed his TV program at the Vine and he even caught a 40 pounder. Sounds great right! So what's the problem Dude, you just justified Irvine lake is one of the premier catfish lakes in the country.
Here's the problem, the management got so interested in stocking SUPER TROUT they forgot to stock any blue catfish for the next 20 years. Yea Yea I know the blues would probably just reproduce or that's what management hoped would happen. Well they probably did on some small scale. Remember a couple of weeks ago they caught a 5 lbs blue catfish and management made a big deal about it. They made a big deal about it because they didn't stock it, it was probably born their. So what happened to all the monster catfish THEY DIED OF OLD AGE. I think the management at Irvine lake feared that what happened and they panicked. To try to cover up their mistake a few years back they made 3 or 4 stockings of 10-20lbs blue catfish and made them all catch and release fish. This is all that what is left of the great blue catfishing at Irvine lake. So far this year they caught 4 teen blue catfish, and two 20 pounders surely these fish came from those 3 or 4 stockings. What Irvine lake management needs to do is stock at least two 10-20 lbs blue catfish stockings each year indefinitely to truly rebuild Irvine lake back to what it once was. I hope the management is listening. Please I don't hear about we caught two monster blue catfish in the last 10 years.Till they catch something over 35 lbs again for that would prove not all of the old catfish didn't die of old age. Just my two cents. If anyone think's I'm full of it please let me know.There are still monster blues in there.. The thing about Catfish, is they are very intelligent. Much like carp, after being hooked, the fish will fear a bait after a while. I'm sure if someone tries a different bait, like a whole fresh-dead market squid, they might catch another monster.

TroutOnly
09-16-2011, 04:18 PM
what do you mean HITT'S oneleg smokehound two peas in a pod,,one problem with put and take lakes if there not puttin youre not taken, i like lakes that doing there own stocking by how susscessfull the wild fish breed,,i would rather depend on mother nature instead of a stock truck,,,,,,,,,,,,S/O,,,,,,,,,

Big Daddy
09-16-2011, 05:17 PM
Here's the problem, the management got so interested in stocking SUPER TROUT they forgot to stock any blue catfish for the next 20 years. Yea Yea I know the blues would probably just reproduce or that's what management hoped would happen. Well they probably did on some small scale. Remember a couple of weeks ago they caught a 5 lbs blue catfish and management made a big deal about it. They made a big deal about it because they didn't stock it, it was probably born their. So what happened to all the monster catfish THEY DIED OF OLD AGE. I think the management at Irvine lake feared that what happened and they panicked. To try to cover up their mistake a few years back they made 3 or 4 stockings of 10-20lbs blue catfish and made them all catch and release fish. This is all that what is left of the great blue catfishing at Irvine lake. So far this year they caught 4 teen blue catfish, and two 20 pounders surely these fish came from those 3 or 4 stockings. What Irvine lake management needs to do is stock at least two 10-20 lbs blue catfish stockings each year indefinitely to truly rebuild Irvine lake back to what it once was. I hope the management is listening. Please I don't hear about we caught two monster blue catfish in the last 10 years.Till they catch something over 35 lbs again for that would prove not all of the old catfish didn't die of old age. Just my two cents. If anyone think's I'm full of it please let me know.

I think your full of it

fish-o-haulic
09-16-2011, 06:02 PM
Me thinks some people have been offended.

smokehound
09-17-2011, 04:22 PM
what do you mean HITT'S oneleg smokehound two peas in a pod,,one problem with put and take lakes if there not puttin youre not taken, i like lakes that doing there own stocking by how susscessfull the wild fish breed,,i would rather depend on mother nature instead of a stock truck,,,,,,,,,,,,S/O,,,,,,,,,There are definitely still huge blues in the vine.

muskyman
09-17-2011, 07:54 PM
Irvine has a large population of big blues. The reason you do not see alot of them caught is because of the fishing pressure - 7 days a week all year long, and there are some good sticks hitting that place. And the size of the lake is comparison to the food chain - those cats don't even have to get off the couch to get a bite to eat ! The food chain also has everything a big cat wants. The pressure alone makes the bite a night bite for the majority as some of the other so calif lakes that do not recieve the pressure allows the big blues an afternoon bite. I can guarantee you that irvine has blues over 120 lbs, no doubt about it at all. And this is what I can say from 7 yrs ago. Who knows what lurks in there now.

smokehound
09-18-2011, 02:15 AM
Irvine has a large population of big blues. The reason you do not see alot of them caught is because of the fishing pressure - 7 days a week all year long, and there are some good sticks hitting that place. And the size of the lake is comparison to the food chain - those cats don't even have to get off the couch to get a bite to eat ! The food chain also has everything a big cat wants. The pressure alone makes the bite a night bite for the majority as some of the other so calif lakes that do not recieve the pressure allows the big blues an afternoon bite. I can guarantee you that irvine has blues over 120 lbs, no doubt about it at all. And this is what I can say from 7 yrs ago. Who knows what lurks in there now.120? Hm.. Maybe. They do live a long time. I'm sure that 85 lb'er Mr. Smothers picked up has gained some weight.

I wonder how many eggs a 120 lb'er could lay..

etucker1959
09-18-2011, 02:12 PM
Guys your missing the point! They use to catch monster catfish at the vine every year, every month, or every week in the peak years during catfish season. The fisherman today are a lot better then they use to be, so how come they haven't caught any in the last 7 or 8 years. The monster blue catfish are not immortal, they do have a limited life span just like humans do. Isn't it more logical to assume the reason nobody catches them anymore is because they don't exist anymore. Along with all the other reasons previously stated. Sorry if I'm raining on someone parade, but if Lake Dixon tried to claim they caught two fish over world record size in the last 7 years. But forgot to mention it was the same fish (Dotie) and she was found dead two years. I would rain on their parade if they made it sound like a world record fish was waiting to be caught at their lake.

fish-o-haulic
09-18-2011, 02:56 PM
I beleive there are still some monsters in irvine but not as many and are alot harder to catch.

Lipgriper
09-18-2011, 03:03 PM
I have fished irvine for bass this year a lot I had a few wide open days but I have also had days I had to grind it out.the lake has changed a lot this summer with the weeds and water level but over all it's been good

hooks
09-19-2011, 09:11 AM
I've hooked into several very large kittie over the last few years. I haven't landed any of them because they were hooked in the spring on 6 pound test. I did get them close enough to see that they were huge. You can go and believe what you want but I'm here to tell you, you are wrong. Along with giants cats, there are monster wipers, big bass and some huge trout and strugeon the size of small trees. I seen a brown about 2 years back there that would smash the current lake record to pieces (I caught a ten).
The fish are there, just because to can't catch them only means one thing.
tight lines....

etucker1959
09-19-2011, 12:39 PM
We can argue all day long if there are any monster catfish left in Irvine lake. The facts are the facts they use to catch them on a regular basis and now they DON'T. SOMETHING IN THE LAKE CHANGED. I don't think the answer is the fish got smarter then the fisherman. We should now talk about solutions to bring back Irvine lake to what it once was a mecca for monster catfish. The first thing us fisherman need to do, is to put pressure on lake management to come up with a plan. The second thing we need to do is make sure they follow up with their plan. A good first step is to have regular stockings of trophy blue catfish. A second good step is to tag any trophy catfish caught, and monitor and record them anytime there caught again to see how well there doing. Third how bout just buy some eating size blue catfish and throw them in the lake. The reason I say this is because I saw a video on Imperial catfish. There the ones who stock most of the southern California lakes with catfish and half of all the catfish they raise are blues. Here's a good question who's buying all those blue catfish I know it's not Irvine lake. These are just some of my idea's. I'm sure many of you people have some of your own good idea's to bring back the monster blue catfish back to Irvine lake. The worst thing any of us can do, is sit around and make up a bunch of excuses. Instead we need to come up with a plan of ATTACK and make sure it's followed through to bring BACK the monster catfish to Irvine lake.

hooks
09-19-2011, 01:40 PM
Your plan of attack should be to come out and fish with us this Sat. nite. In honor of Dana, the lake is allowing us a once in a year opportunity to fish until the wee hours of the morn. This is prime time for you to test your theory that there are no more big ones left out there. Come to the BBQ and look for the guy who everyone is throwing stuff at and hit me up. I'll tell you where I've been fishing as will many others.
As I said, the big ones are still there and nows your big chance to try and get one during prime time.
til saturday,
tight lines,

etucker1959
09-19-2011, 03:29 PM
Thank you for the invite that's very nice of you. I wrote my opinion not to criticize, but to motivate the lake management to improve the trophy catfishing. Maybe I'm the only one who remembers when the trophy catfishing at Irvine lake was off the hook. No I'm not that old. (51) But to get it back to where it once was, some steps need to be taken. Saying it's fine the way it is would be a travisty! For all the opinion's people said about how great Irvine lake is to grow monster catfish I agree. How do you think it got it's reputation in the first place. But it needs to be rebuilt. I was not trying to offend anyone, just motivate the management. For if nobody brings it up to them, why would the management do anything that might cut into their profits. I'm going to go out on a limb here, I'm going to make a bet with all the fishermen in the lake. I'll say upfront I Hope I Lose. I plan on fishing Irvine lakes trout opener on Friday Nov 4. If anyone catch's a 40 lbs catfish or more, verified by the lake management, before the trout opener then that proves my theory is all wet. But if I lose I give everyone on the lake 21 yr or older, A FREE BEER on me. Offer good only on Friday Nov 4, 2011. There " I'll put my money where my mouth is." FISH HARD MY FRIENDS

5150fishn
09-19-2011, 05:01 PM
Looks like we got some work to do this saturday peeps.

Stormcrow
09-20-2011, 10:36 AM
This is one of the most interesting threads Ive followed in some time.....

olfishergal
09-20-2011, 12:05 PM
So if you think Irvine is such a bad place to fish, this "gentleman" is welcome to go
and fish the sand pit around the corner.....

caserock
09-23-2011, 04:16 PM
I fish Irvine ... because In the winter the Pelagics are not running locally. I fish the Bays as well in the winter but I do sometimes like to go to this lake and troll for the chance of catching a DD farm fish !! i know its weird but I kind of like it in a strange way ...

What I find absolutely hysterical is the militia of BBQ sauce eaters that show up to this water hole. I enjoy watching the comical pics posted of BBQ food and a bunch of mostly middle aged out of shape people standing around cooking and drinking. I think there's a team of them or something... very funny stuff !!!!! to me anyway !!!! I will say they do stock the hell out of the lake in the winter and it builds up after awhile. If you know what your doing ... you can catch some nice farm fresh fish there. Some even have full tails !!!! Of course you gotta be into catching farm fish that are trucked in and get past the truth about the matter... I find the whole winter scene at this lake funny in general and to my own admission... I keep coming back each year !!! I admit it ... I like to fish no matter what ....

etucker1959
09-23-2011, 05:44 PM
Hey i resemble that comment!!!

hooks
09-23-2011, 07:40 PM
case,
Way to make friends, douche.
A collective :Finger:

jim young
09-23-2011, 07:49 PM
I fish Irvine ... because In the winter the Pelagics are not running locally. I fish the Bays as well in the winter but I do sometimes like to go to this lake and troll for the chance of catching a DD farm fish !! i know its weird but I kind of like it in a strange way ...

What I find absolutely hysterical is the militia of BBQ sauce eaters that show up to this water hole. I enjoy watching the comical pics posted of BBQ food and a bunch of mostly middle aged out of shape people standing around cooking and drinking. I think there's a team of them or something... very funny stuff !!!!! to me anyway !!!! I will say they do stock the hell out of the lake in the winter and it builds up after awhile. If you know what your doing ... you can catch some nice farm fresh fish there. Some even have full tails !!!! Of course you gotta be into catching farm fish that are trucked in and get past the truth about the matter... I find the whole winter scene at this lake funny in general and to my own admission... I keep coming back each year !!! I admit it ... I like to fish no matter what ....

dont forget the ole bite-on jar rammed down the fish throat pics. LOL

Big Daddy
09-23-2011, 07:54 PM

Your right Hooks, this guy sounds like a real douche bag. Look at these last 2 guys "LURKERS" no friends, no heathy input only something negitive. A couple of real winners here guys.

jim young
09-23-2011, 08:11 PM
Your right Hooks, this guy sounds like a real douche bag. Look at these last 2 guys "LURKERS" no friends, no heathy input only something negitive. A couple of real winners here guys.

LOL....put the food down and cheer up. no need for name calling

5150fishn
09-23-2011, 08:22 PM

Wow! How crazy of us friends to get together and have a good time hanging out with good food. What the hell were we thinking. That is just ludicrous to barbacue before or after a tournament and kick back with the crew. Why don't you check your facts before you start classifying people under a description. Our crew is made up of a completly mixed batch of young and old, male and female, and all races. Why, because it is all about family, friends, and fishing!

Big Daddy
09-23-2011, 08:26 PM
Wow! How crazy of us friends to get together and have a good time hanging out with good food. What the hell were we thinking. That is just ludicrous to barbacue before or after a tournament and kick back with the crew. Why don't you check your facts before you start classifying people under a description. Our crew is made up of a completly mixed batch of young and old, male and female, and all races. Why, because it is all about family, friends, and fishing!

I just made you some BBQ sauce a couple of minutes ago my friend. Well said. I wish they would just come and join us and get there panties out of a bunch. See you tomorrow evening.

fish-o-haulic
09-23-2011, 09:17 PM
Im sure some as well as myself would like to come. but cant really make it out anymore for the rest of the season. Sorry if this post seems like im a little angry, people have been asking me to go fishing like crazy the past month and i keep saying i cant go and its killing me cuz i wana go out so bad. but cant. Somebody invited me to irvine several times and seem to be a little insistent on the matter as well.

See Chris Fish
09-23-2011, 09:42 PM
Ok, I'll jump back into this.

To those gentlemen who bang about us getting together, a few items of note.

1. I fish Irvine Lake for a couple of reasons: it's close to home, it's stocked regularly, the staff is awesome, quality of the catch, the view, chance to hook up a DD, float tube friendly, etc.

2. Last time I checked, FISH ON IS FISH ON! I've caught native and farm. They both get the heart going! Of course, I'd love to be up in the Sierras, catching native fish. It's not in the budget at the momment. Farm fish are the only ones I'd harvest. I C&R all natural born fish.

3. BBQ--Obviously you haven't come out to one. It's a blast! As mentioned earlier, ALL are welcome. You'd be surprised how much infomation you can get being part of this Team. I''ve learned a great deal from members of Team 57! The food is out of this world!!!

4. I also enjoy the people watching. God loves infinite variety! It's a great show and ride.

5. From your posts, you seem to be incredible fishermen. So busy on the water there's no time to post up. LOL!
I'm sure that Irvine Lake loves that you keep coming back. Last time I checked they were still capitalist! What you're complaining about is exactly what this site is about. Why are you here if not to join in?

6. How about a report on what you're catching? Where? Bait? Post up a pic of your PB. This site is for sharing experiences, techniques, methods, or just plain bragging. Try a positive post. They're not that hard to do. I have faith in you!

7. As for the missing HUGE catfish, I have a theory.
The water level has been up for many years. To me, it's a totally different lake than from just a few years ago.
Now I'm just a dumb redneck, but it seems to me that if the water level is lower, there'd be a higher concentration of fish. Hence more chance to hook into a huge one. With the level of water, the amount of stocked fish (high fatality rate), hasn't been really hot out here for a few years, might the bigger ones just be eating on the abundance of fodder? Maybe? Just a thought.

8. This post was not meant to criticize. Just havin' fun, ya'all!!!!!
I apologize for jacking this post. I think you know my thoughts on if Irvine Lake is "bunky" or not.

Hometown
09-23-2011, 11:18 PM
I agree Chris but I am all so a dumb red neck so what do I know
Ok, I'll jump back into this.

To those gentlemen who bang about us getting together, a few items of note.

1. I fish Irvine Lake for a couple of reasons: it's close to home, it's stocked regularly, the staff is awesome, quality of the catch, the view, chance to hook up a DD, float tube friendly, etc.

2. Last time I checked, FISH ON IS FISH ON! I've caught native and farm. They both get the heart going! Of course, I'd love to be up in the Sierras, catching native fish. It's not in the budget at the momment. Farm fish are the only ones I'd harvest. I C&R all natural born fish.

3. BBQ--Obviously you haven't come out to one. It's a blast! As mentioned earlier, ALL are welcome. You'd be surprised how much infomation you can get being part of this Team. I''ve learned a great deal from members of Team 57! The food is out of this world!!!

4. I also enjoy the people watching. God loves infinite variety! It's a great show and ride.

5. From your posts, you seem to be incredible fishermen. So busy on the water there's no time to post up. LOL!
I'm sure that Irvine Lake loves that you keep coming back. Last time I checked they were still capitalist! What you're complaining about is exactly what this site is about. Why are you here if not to join in?

6. How about a report on what you're catching? Where? Bait? Post up a pic of your PB. This site is for sharing experiences, techniques, methods, or just plain bragging. Try a positive post. They're not that hard to do. I have faith in you!

7. As for the missing HUGE catfish, I have a theory.
The water level has been up for many years. To me, it's a totally different lake than from just a few years ago.
Now I'm just a dumb redneck, but it seems to me that if the water level is lower, there'd be a higher concentration of fish. Hence more chance to hook into a huge one. With the level of water, the amount of stocked fish (high fatality rate), hasn't been really hot out here for a few years, might the bigger ones just be eating on the abundance of fodder? Maybe? Just a thought.

8. This post was not meant to criticize. Just havin' fun, ya'all!!!!!
I apologize for jacking this post. I think you know my thoughts on if Irvine Lake is "bunky" or not.

dixoncider
09-24-2011, 01:47 AM
Another "bunk" limit of catfish tonight..

caserock
09-24-2011, 07:21 AM
Urban Dictionary:
douche bag - somebody who you think is a complete retard and doesn't know anything about what they're talking about.

I think that about sums up my thread to this reply chain meaning. Perhaps your right I don't know what I am talking about (LOL) !!!!! Neverless, I think it's funny with all the food and BBQ sauce slathering going on !!! That's just me and I find it comical as to the assembly of people who "seem" to spend alot of time around the plastic plate and not focusing on the fishing part of the trip...(my observation) I can appreciate a club and the similiarity of any club is "community". Like the Lions club or Elks ...or you take your pick. With that said ..I post on many sites ... and I think its funny what I see go on at this lake. I also find some of the replies to my post ... well as i expected ... silly defensive dumb... If you haven't noticed yet ..I am poking at you in a joking manner .. so take it as that ... very surface level cyber stuff....

I will be fishing this weekend and taking my 2 boys 6 and 8 to take advantage of these squid in local waters. Later this week I will be fishing the NPH and throwing 3 inch BH and finesse fishing for Spotties .. I will eat before I get there LOL !!!! All the power to you Team BBQ go get em !!!!!

seal
09-24-2011, 07:57 AM
Urban Dictionary:
douche bag - somebody who you think is a complete retard and doesn't know anything about what they're talking about.

I think that about sums up my thread to this reply chain meaning. Perhaps your right I don't know what I am talking about (LOL) !!!!! Neverless, I think it's funny with all the food and BBQ sauce slathering going on !!! That's just me and I find it comical as to the assembly of people who "seem" to spend alot of time around the plastic plate and not focusing on the fishing part of the trip...(my observation) I can appreciate a club and the similiarity of any club is "community". Like the Lions club or Elks ...or you take your pick. With that said ..I post on many sites ... and I think its funny what I see go on at this lake. I also find some of the replies to my post ... well as i expected ... silly defensive dumb... If you haven't noticed yet ..I am poking at you in a joking manner .. so take it as that ... very surface level cyber stuff....

I will be fishing this weekend and taking my 2 boys 6 and 8 to take advantage of these squid in local waters. Later this week I will be fishing the NPH and throwing 3 inch BH and finesse fishing for Spotties .. I will eat before I get there LOL !!!! All the power to you Team BBQ go get em !!!!!

I got the joke, surprised some others did not, the sensitivity level is way up there. You really should be able to look in the mirror and chuckle at yourself at times, we're all good targets for comedy.

etucker1959
09-25-2011, 12:05 PM
I looked up your history of past posts, it seemed to me you use this forum to buy and sell fishing equiptment. So why in the world would use sarcasm on people you don't know. I know for a fact, you already alienated some folks. Somebody needs to reread or read for the first time, the book Salesmanship for Dummies.

caserock
09-26-2011, 10:16 AM
33100We're Gonna need a bigger bottle of BBQ Sauce ....

33101 I don't drink BBQ Sauce often .. but when I do its Heinz 57 !!!!

33102 ... 57 reasons why I only "seasonally" fish Irvine ....

33103BBQ or Death !!!!!

caserock
09-26-2011, 10:51 AM
With great sadness ... I must announce that this will be my last post on this site. Like the awsomeness of Bangin Bob and GYX from another site ... the sheer pressure is simply too much for me to bear !!!!! All the name callings have really caused me emotionally scaring that may take years of therapy. I wish you all well and good luck with this coming season of fishing and all the other fun things you like to do at the lake of your choice !!! All the kidding aside .. I really do mean the last sentence in this thread. adios

Trout Assassin
09-26-2011, 12:54 PM
Self imposed banishment. Very noble. Messageboard hari kari.

Big Daddy
09-26-2011, 01:09 PM
Caserock you really should come and join us one of these times you will see that we really are not that bad of guys and gals (and you are right most of us do eat to much BBQ sauce and some of us are not as petite as we once were LOL but that dosen't make us bad people just bad habits). I promise you that you are and will be welcomed. I for one always seem to get along with most people.

I want to appologize for any all things that I have said if they did offend you or anyone else.

Those are some nice fish and if them are your boys, glad you got them on some fish that is what it is all about.

It looks like maybe you were on a rental that day you may or may not have a boat for irvine but i would like to extend a invitation to you and your boys to fish trout at irvine lake on my boat as my guest or if you want to fish DVL for some sripers I am up for that the bite has been tremendous. I have a 18' tracker and you are welcome anytime.

You can PM me if you would like to and take me up on this or tell me off too.

Sincerly,
Big Daddy

Wingnut
09-26-2011, 04:09 PM
Caserock you really should come and join us one of these times you will see that we really are not that bad of guys and gals (and you are right most of us do eat to much BBQ sauce and some of us are not as petite as we once were LOL but that dosen't make us bad people just bad habits). I promise you that you are and will be welcomed. I for one always seem to get along with most people.

I want to appologize for any all things that I have said if they did offend you or anyone else.

Those are some nice fish and if them are your boys, glad you got them on some fish that is what it is all about.

It looks like maybe you were on a rental that day you may or may not have a boat for irvine but i would like to extend a invitation to you and your boys to fish trout at irvine lake on my boat as my guest or if you want to fish DVL for some sripers I am up for that the bite has been tremendous. I have a 18' tracker and you are welcome anytime.

You can PM me if you would like to and take me up on this or tell me off too.

Sincerly,
Big Daddy

You are a class act sir, good seeing you on Saturday and the BBQ was ummm sooo good! :Envious:

Troutman65
09-26-2011, 08:58 PM
Someone say BBQ ? :Big Grin:

Cangler
09-26-2011, 09:09 PM
Someone say BBQ ? :Big Grin:

Figures ...

Prowler_Tuber
10-15-2011, 07:42 PM
I wish I was in-port for this one...I deff would have chimed in....but.... What a winner huh :-) Big Daddy your always a class act, call them like you see them its ok. Every year there is always some one who complains and I am sure some will cry this year, but those of us who know whats going on will take are skunk days with our slay days. Season 11-12 is just around the corner.

fish-o-haulic
10-22-2011, 08:05 PM
I think the poster of this thread just got a little frustrated and wanted to blow off steam. It can be very frustrating to see others catch while you skunk, thats why im not to mad at the guy. Its not like no one else comes to blow off steam every now and again. Its great that some of you want to stand up for your lake but give the guy a break hes just frustrated after a skunk or 2. Its not like we all havent been frustrated after skunking while watching others catch fish. Its great for you guys to come rush to protect the lake you love but sometimes you gotta understand peoples frustration.

smokehound
10-23-2011, 09:10 PM
do you know how to fish j/k lol//

i don't mess really with that stock
fish!!!! i go to the grocery store!!!

been fishing irvine since around 82ish,

its one of the close's lakes around that has

wild crappie's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its still a good lake to fish,,,,,

teampanfish

crappiemikeHell yeah! There are some HUGE crappies in irvine. My friends and I used to search for suspended crappie in winter.

There are also nice bluegill and redears there, too.

Tons of different forage fish, too. Dont just sit and catfish, look for OTHER species.

What's better, sitting around for hours wondering why the catfish aren't biting, or trying for other fish to break the skunk?

DeepInTheWoods
10-24-2011, 11:01 PM
Just my two cents ... : ) i have had good days at Irvine and bad .....what keeps me going back is the good days out weigh the bad :) ... Part of the experience is getting out on the water with family or friends .... on several occasions I have fished alone ,,, and enjoyed myself..... as the saying goes ..." A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work..".. I think all the pay lakes want you to catch fish.. for your return business.. It may take a few visits to learn the habits of the lake... The most important point is to enjoy your time on the water ... regardless of where you are ....just my two cents :)

Sir.Snags.A.Lot
10-24-2011, 11:14 PM
A friend of mine and I go out there quite often for the catfish season and we catch limit about 80% of the time. You just gotta know where they are hiding. East shore, west shore? The flats are usually a good spot. It does really depend on the weather though because their King of Cats tournament was slow but everyone had expected the cats to be shallow but they were all deep. Winner caught a 16 lbs.

itsagooddaytofish
11-03-2011, 07:15 AM
A little comment on the way people describe their fishing adventures........................................ .......... i hate the terms KILL and SLAY and the truth is that only beginners and dorks drunks and wantabes use the term SLAY or KILL!!! fishing is a lifestyle not a hunting trip or anything else but relaxing.I hate the terms people use to describe a calm day on the water looking for some time away from the bullshit of this world.Fishing is a chance to get the city and all its problems behind you while you try to outsmart that bass and untangle your mind, i repeat UNTANGLE YOUR MIND.When i go fishing i like to CATCH a fish not ANIALATE it This is what fishing is all about and this culture we live in and its greed and arrogance as well as its offensive vocabulary does not translate well with a time honored activity.Really!!!
IN my opinion the great american pastime is fishing and not BASEBALL,
FISHING IS SACRED
FISHING KNOWLEDGE IS TO BE PROTECTED
FISHING IS NOT A LICENCE TO RAPE THE ENVIORNMENT
PRACTICE CATCH AND RELEASE....... AND BUY YOUR ******* FISH DINNER AT LONG JOHN SILVERS
If you have to kill everything you come in contact with to show others how cool you are than why dont you stay home and play x box

hooks
11-03-2011, 07:58 AM
A little comment on the way people describe their fishing adventures........................................ .......... i hate the terms KILL and SLAY and the truth is that only beginners and dorks drunks and wantabes use the term SLAY or KILL!!! fishing is a lifestyle not a hunting trip or anything else but relaxing.I hate the terms people use to describe a calm day on the water looking for some time away from the bullshit of this world.Fishing is a chance to get the city and all its problems behind you while you try to outsmart that bass and untangle your mind, i repeat UNTANGLE YOUR MIND.When i go fishing i like to CATCH a fish not ANIALATE it This is what fishing is all about and this culture we live in and its greed and arrogance as well as its offensive vocabulary does not translate well with a time honored activity.Really!!!
FISHING IS SACRED
PRACTICE CATCH AND RELEASE....... AND BUY YOUR ******* FISH DINNER AT LONG JOHN SILVERS
If you have to kill everything you come in contact with to show others how cool you are than why dont you stay home and play x box

I hate when someone who claims to not to be a beginner, dork drunk or wannabe comes on here and spews his BS. It's NONE of your business who keeps what they catch.
And if you don't know it genius, unless you're fishing bass or giant catfish, the vine is NOT a catch and release lake. If this is all you have to ***** about, maybe you should stay home and play your xbox fishing game and live in your own perfect fishing world.
Give everyone else a break, huh. No one asked for you for your hate filled opinions anyway.

seal
11-03-2011, 08:04 AM
FISHING IS SACRED

While I would agree that those terms do not describe the act of fishing very well I think you are being WAY too sensitive and some that use those terms are very active in the fishing community and helping others and youth learn the act of fishing and far from being beginners, wantabees etc... The idea that fishing is like hunting is VERY accurate and is the roots of fishing, the roots of fishing are not with C&R only people they are with people that fished to provide food on the table.

I love a good striper HUNT, which to me is not dunking bait and pulling up a limit for the neighborhood, it's going on a hike with some swimbaits or better yet topwater and maybe if I'm lucky pulling out one nice fish, which is very close to the act of hunting deer let's say.

Relaxing? Ok if your sitting on shore with a six pack and a lounge chair but there are many other types of fishing to be done that can be an intense experience and a good workout, far from relaxing but for me very rewarding.

To each his own huh?

E.A.R.G.
11-03-2011, 10:33 AM
the dudes just trolling around. He posted it up in other parts of this forum. He's a turd roller. If you thought sandbass were turd rollers, you were wrong. He is the turd roller.

marktamayo11
11-05-2011, 01:34 PM
Are you guys washing your hands .LOL .Thats why its called fishing not catching.It all about being in the right spot.Once you've figured that lake out your percentages increase.My body who fished from the shore line saw them boiling all around but they weren't biting .He threw the arsenal at them.He's a good fishermen.Rememeber theses are stock trout they come from a farm and I know alote of you have been to a trout farm.When they get stocked they swim in a circle for a few days before they disperse into the lake .That's why some guy next to you could look like a pro at a lake because he's on the trout that are going in a circle's in his spot .You can be right next him and catch nothing .That's why I just rent a boat and nail them on lead core I always limit out .:LOL::Smile::LOL:

fish-o-haulic
11-05-2011, 01:55 PM
FISHING IS SACRED

bro you really are messing up this early, are you trying to break the record for the fastest banned person on this site or do you just enjoy trolling. actually was he banned already.