PDA

View Full Version : Prado lake information?

etucker1959
09-07-2011, 09:05 AM
Anyone willing to give up any bass secrets at Prado lake? I have a tin boat that meets their requirements to launch at Prado. By being in a boat I have access to most of the lake. So I don't want anyone to have to give up any honey holes, just what kind of lures would work best for bass this time of the year. Any help would be great! Other wise I will be throwing spinnerbaits, crankbaits or jigs.

Stormcrow
09-07-2011, 09:29 AM
Lake is full of algae right now. As most city lakes are before turning over. You should contact El Weirdo on here...he fishes Prado regularly. I think it simply costs too much to fish it.

My advice is if you have a boat you can launch...work the edge of the moss beds and the holes with a 4 inch senko. Black....or a any really dark color. Look for structure where the water is clearer and cast to it from a distance. A jig is a good choice but I would be drop shotting an oxblood robo or flipping a craw colored Sweet Beaver near structure and toolies.

etucker1959
09-07-2011, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the tips, they sound really good.

parkermann2
04-15-2012, 12:46 PM
I know this is a little late but now is a god time to bass fish prado. Just bring some craws and some creature baits and go along the back side of the lake and flip into all the pockets and in the cover. You should catch a lot of bass.

FKNChristopH
04-15-2012, 04:03 PM
is there a launch fee for a kayak? I've been meaning to try this lake too

etucker1959
04-15-2012, 04:40 PM
I know this is a little late but now is a god time to bass fish prado. Just bring some craws and some creature baits and go along the back side of the lake and flip into all the pockets and in the cover. You should catch a lot of bass.
Thanks!!!!

etucker1959
04-15-2012, 04:51 PM
is there a launch fee for a kayak? I've been meaning to try this lake too

Let's see if I can remember all the fees. $7 to fish, $7 parking on weekday's, $10 parking on weekends, $ 5 launch fee. I know a little pricey for a park, but when I took my boat in there, we were the only fishing boat on the whole lake! If you never fished it before, the good news is 1/2 of the lake you can only reach it by boat or yak.