PDA

View Full Version : castaic report for Tuesday 9/6

Tonyc521
09-06-2011, 06:19 PM
Hit the water at 6:30 and started to look for the Stripers, very slow for the first 3 hours and then the birds started looking and it was game on, the Stripers were in full attack mode, no crowd only 2 other boats fishing the boils, we caught and released about 16 Stripers from 3-6 pounds, action taking place in the ski arm by the walls and suicide point my go to lure when I need the extra casting distance is the Zara Spook, caught fish on every lure I tried.

fish-o-haulic
09-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Hit the water at 6:30 and started to look for the Stripers, very slow for the first 3 hours and then the birds started looking and it was game on, the Stripers were in full attack mode, no crowd only 2 other boats fishing the boils, we caught and released about 16 Stripers from 3-6 pounds, action taking place in the ski arm by the walls and suicide point my go to lure when I need the extra casting distance is the Zara Spook, caught fish on every lure I tried.

wow sounds good yesterday there were boils but too many pleasure boaters ran right over them. saw one boil close to shore but it only lasted like 10secs.

dixoncider
09-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the report...

SDDave
09-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Hit the water at 6:30 and started to look for the Stripers, very slow for the first 3 hours and then the birds started looking and it was game on, the Stripers were in full attack mode, no crowd only 2 other boats fishing the boils, we caught and released about 16 Stripers from 3-6 pounds, action taking place in the ski arm by the walls and suicide point my go to lure when I need the extra casting distance is the Zara Spook, caught fish on every lure I tried. nice job, lake gave it up for you today, right Place right time, pictures????

El Pescadero
09-07-2011, 07:25 AM
Nice job, sounds like a blast... I'll be trying for sum action tomorrow or Friday, did you check out the fishing arm or was whole day n all the action in the Ski Arm? Once again good job!

Tonyc521
09-07-2011, 07:55 AM
Caught 1 fish in old ss cove but saw 1 more good size striper boil off a main point but they sunk out and never came back up, stay in the ski arm and look for the birds.

El Pescadero
09-07-2011, 02:10 PM
Caught 1 fish in old ss cove but saw 1 more good size striper boil off a main point but they sunk out and never came back up, stay in the ski arm and look for the birds.

Thanks for the tips

Mr T-rex
09-07-2011, 02:16 PM
Hit the water at 6:30 and started to look for the Stripers, very slow for the first 3 hours and then the birds started looking and it was game on, the Stripers were in full attack mode, no crowd only 2 other boats fishing the boils, we caught and released about 16 Stripers from 3-6 pounds, action taking place in the ski arm by the walls and suicide point my go to lure when I need the extra casting distance is the Zara Spook, caught fish on every lure I tried. i went fishing for stripers a year ago and caught 15 of them using nightcrawlers but havent gone back because i read the fish report everytime and it says that the striper fishing is still slow?? im guessing it picked up.. and what do u mean by "birds started looking"

Tonyc521
09-07-2011, 05:49 PM
The birds started to fly around looking for the shad that the stripers are pushing up to the surface you will see them start to circle in a certain area, head towards them and watch for the water to start splashing, you have to be ready to chase the birds as they fly around alot looking, as soon as you see a bird hit the water and grab a shad start casting in the area the fish are there, good luck and be patient.

Mr T-rex
09-08-2011, 12:41 PM
The birds started to fly around looking for the shad that the stripers are pushing up to the surface you will see them start to circle in a certain area, head towards them and watch for the water to start splashing, you have to be ready to chase the birds as they fly around alot looking, as soon as you see a bird hit the water and grab a shad start casting in the area the fish are there, good luck and be patient. Thanks bro i appreciate that alot.. what bait do you recommend using ??

661Bass'n
09-08-2011, 01:26 PM
T-rex..its slow always slow...don't go...especially tomorrow...I will go for you and give you the thumbs up when the lake is ready for you....lol

i went fishing for stripers a year ago and caught 15 of them using nightcrawlers but havent gone back because i read the fish report everytime and it says that the striper fishing is still slow?? im guessing it picked up.. and what do u mean by "birds started looking"

Tonyc521
09-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Any topwater bait will work, I like throwing zara spooks work them kind of fast let the fish hook themself don't jerk back when you feel contact. I'm going back out next Monday I'll give another update for current conditions.