PDA

View Full Version : Perris Labor Day

Cpt. Heffanio
09-05-2011, 10:27 PM
My Dad and I head up about noon and fished until 7:30. Thanks to the freaky storm it was nice and overcast, not too hot, and the fish kept biting all day long . We didn't see the sun 'till about 6:30 in the afternoon.

We had some good strong bites today and ended up boating about 5 good Largemouth on DS & Crankbaits. The bite was open all day, but seemed to pick up later in the day

One chased my crankbait all the way back to the boat and turned on it about a foot or two away from the edge of the boat. I thought to myself.... that would have counted as a topwater bite. Not to mention the fastest fight ever. And this was about 3:00

Caught a good looking crappie out there today but just couldn't stay on them long enough to make a run. The wind was blowing pretty fierce at times and made it a Beeeeotch to keep my little aluminum boat on the spots.

All in all it was a great day to be out there... Perris Rocks!! See you guys out there

fishmounter
09-05-2011, 10:38 PM
Nice job father and son team. That area just keeps on doing well. Yeah the weather yesterday and today was nice for fishing. The cloud cover really cooled it down.

tree
09-05-2011, 11:30 PM
Hey were we fishing two bouy markers with you guys for a bit in the morning? Bassgrabber and I were on the boat this morning, he got 4, I got 2.

Nice fishing!

HawgStalker
09-06-2011, 06:10 AM
Well done! Thats a nice lookn largie...

Kelster
09-06-2011, 06:15 AM
And the great fishing continues.....

TheAsianGuy
09-06-2011, 08:28 AM
Did someone nearly get nailed by the jet skiiers? I was in the blue pontoon, overseeing quite a few tubers out there. The skiiers were in the water by 7am, and pushing beyond their speed limits right up to the 5mph buoys. I though I saw a tuber got drenched/flipped by the wakes, while two others were bobbing like a wild rodeo clowns. Truly feel sorry for those guys, especially the ones sitting behind the 5mph buoys, and the jet skiiers went into the inside area a few times.

fishmounter
09-06-2011, 03:08 PM
Have your cell phones handy- You can call the Sherriff's Dept, Lake Perris Marine Division and report things like that. The officers in the patrol boat love it.

Cpt. Heffanio
09-06-2011, 03:19 PM
I did see a bunch of people pulled over by rangers just outside the park. I wonder what that was all about? It looked like a BUNCH of people on my way back west. Lights all over the place and every car was a state park officer (WTH?)

Cpt. Heffanio
09-06-2011, 03:24 PM
Yeah!! That area was producing for a while, it's great to see we were on the same page. It looked like you guys were killin' em over there cuz every time I looked up I saw bent rods.

TheAsianGuy
09-06-2011, 03:46 PM
I did see a bunch of people pulled over by rangers just outside the park. I wonder what that was all about? It looked like a BUNCH of people on my way back west. Lights all over the place and every car was a state park officer (WTH?)

They were as drunk as deadmen, bickering about something. A few fights broke out at the Sail Cove shoreline, near the outfall. A whole bunch of fights in the campground areas. A few got arrested right out of the water for having alcohol in the boat (that's when I was leaving). Holidays in the warm days are not fun to fish in these lakes. Smaller lakes don't produce much but much more quiet. Trade offs. Can't wait for the freezing days when they all disappear, and leave us fishing folks to do our things.

By the way, we call fast nuisance watercraft users as water-fleas, and I heard those guys call anglers lake hobos. Anyone encountered that?