PDA

View Full Version : Frogs?

Lakerfan160
09-05-2011, 09:07 PM
anyone use top water frogs lures for fishing city park lakes? i want to try something new and was thinking of using frogs for some bass and i want to buy a good top water frog to buy, can u guys tell me some good frog brands that have good action and results. thx in advance:Smile:

WARRIORMIKE
09-05-2011, 10:00 PM
Frogs are deadly this time of year. Spro and I cant remember the other brand I use, but is has a cave mouth so you can use it as a popper too. I always trim the skirts on my Spros. Just seem to get better results when I do. Good Luck

Lakerfan160
09-06-2011, 01:12 PM
thx warriormike thats sounds like a good frog lure

white belt
09-06-2011, 01:41 PM
I actually think frogs will work great, especially since you fish SFD. I saw a tiny frog jump into the water there and immediately, 4 small LMB came out of the weeds and started chasing it!! They were so aggressive for that frog, so it must be something they're use to eating there.

If you find something that works, please let us know. I've wanted to get a nice frog lure as well.

Pete Marino
09-07-2011, 09:59 AM
The SPRO is one of the best frogs to buy... Just make sure you use 65lb Braid and a hev or extra hev action rod or you will be wasting your time....

Pete

caliranger10
09-07-2011, 01:23 PM
i picked up a couple frogs from a new shop near my house called tackle express...the company is called evolve baits, and I'm truely amazed at the paint job and overall quality of the frogs...there are several different models that range from 8 to 15 dollars, also picked up one of those river2sea frogs which is a good little weedless frog

Lakerfan160
09-07-2011, 04:16 PM
thx for the information u guys

Caveman
09-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Try the Koppers frog. They look so realistic and work great!

GotBass?
09-07-2011, 05:03 PM
Try the Koppers frog. They look so realistic and work great!

Agreed. Also Evolve frogs are almost an identical pattern as the Koppers soft bodies and about half the price.

The only trouble is you got to talk sheet about how horrible the Evolve floats before it starts getting nailed!

caliranger10
09-07-2011, 06:56 PM
the evolve hard body frogs float good with the nose upright out of the water and have a good amount of weight to be thrown around

Bassnman Mike
09-07-2011, 07:27 PM
I throw a couple different frogs, modified of course, but my favorite would have to be the Spro.

Also, as Pete said, heavy braid and heavy action rod are a MUST, otherwise your wasting your time.