PDA

View Full Version : castaic boils and skunks

fish-o-haulic
09-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Went with my grandpa to chase some boils today. Got to the lake around 2 or a little after took our long walk around the lake to a point where the people in the shop were saying boils were forming near shore. was out there throwing zara spooks rattle traps swimbaits even spinnerbaits for nothing. 45mins to and hour into the trip a boil forms I cast out to it but got nothing, only had one shot but because the boil lasted all of 10 seconds. we left aroun 6. saw other boils but we woulda had to be in a boat. too many boats out there today it killed the fishing. Saw too many people run over boils. no one esle caught anything.

Tonyc521
09-10-2011, 08:34 PM
That boil that you casted into but didn't hook up was probably lrg- mouths I had the same senario last year, those lrg- mouths are pretty smart when you throw lures in a boil.

fish-o-haulic
09-10-2011, 10:29 PM
they looked like stripers, but my cast ended up short which was why i didnt hook up. but really close to shore i could see little bumps on the water that i know were fish but i couldnt see the fish. didnt know if those were small baitfish or a largie boil. But the first boil for sure was striper.