PDA

View Full Version : 2 stroke Craftsman Weedeater Wont Start

MarkyMark
09-05-2011, 04:30 PM
I have a Sears 32cc weedeater that wont start...I had it for 6 years. The primer bulb wouldnt inflate after pressing it. I thought it was the carb so I took it out and cleaned it. In the process of cleaning the carb I noticed the fuel filter line had broken inside the gas tank. I replaced the line. I also cleaned the spark plug. I put together the carb and it still wont start. What's wrong it with it? Comments?

MM

old pudd fisher
09-05-2011, 07:08 PM
Those Bastards dont last that long, you might need to replace the primer bulb also. I fight with my old eater everytime I use it, Just might be time to get a new one, carb adjustment did help me out though.....Good luck.

vanillagurilla
09-05-2011, 07:38 PM
first off, take off the air cleaner, then spray inside the carb with starting fluid or a small amount of fuel, see if it even trys to run. if it wont fire doing that you need a new weadeater.

MarkyMark
09-05-2011, 11:44 PM
well, I fooled around with it again this afternoon and the primer bulb wont inflate...I also tried to pour some fuel into the carb..nothing

MM

Daryl
09-09-2011, 03:50 PM
Do you have a spark arrestor on the muffler? Make sure it isn't plugged up; take it off and clean it. Are you using fresh gasoline?

Fuel cap or tank vent could be plugged. If there is a line between the carb and primer, make sure it has no leaks.

vanillagurilla
09-09-2011, 04:01 PM
if it wont start by putting gas directly into the motor its something with the ignition, only other thing u can do is check the plug wire for cracks and burns and change the spark plug, if still nothing buy a new one.

Sparky70
09-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Savw gas and chew ur weeds up !

REEL EZ
09-09-2011, 05:12 PM
I always see ads for avmower.com
I am not affiliated nor have I used them but they are in your area. Good luck

mjc89
09-09-2011, 09:40 PM
Just by a commercial one like the ones that i use. They run from about $350 and up. I use them 3 or 4 times a week and they last at least 5 years easy. Kawasaki or TMC are good brands. Anything Japanese. You just have to use them constantly. Letting them sit for long periods of time ruins them, pretty much any machine.

fish-o-haulic
09-09-2011, 11:25 PM
Just by a commercial one like the ones that i use. They run from about $350 and up. I use them 3 or 4 times a week and they last at least 5 years easy. Kawasaki or TMC are good brands. Anything Japanese. You just have to use them constantly. Letting them sit for long periods of time ruins them, pretty much any machine.

Ya just letting em sit isnt good.

mjc89
09-09-2011, 11:30 PM
Ya. And if your not guna use it for a long time you have to take all the gas out of the tank and burn all the gas in it. You keep pulling until it runs out and like that they will be ok.

fish-o-haulic
09-09-2011, 11:36 PM
I use the electric weedeaters or whatever, i just used em because thats less gas i have to buy and im putting in a new lawn right now so havent needed to use it. Only thing is though the ext cord doesnt get in the way ive gone through to electric ones and the wire always extends farther than i need it and always breaks off and hits my leg once that mess broke off and hit my eyeball. Man that hurt.

mjc89
09-09-2011, 11:39 PM
Ya the ones that i use dont do that. You can put a bunch of line in the weedeater head and it doesnt extend by its self. You have to pull more out yourself.

fish-o-haulic
09-09-2011, 11:43 PM
ya the first electric one i had was you had to pull it out yourself the second one i have now extends itself

mjc89
09-09-2011, 11:46 PM
That sucks.