PDA

View Full Version : Labor day Skinner

P.A.W.
09-05-2011, 12:56 PM
Well, more of the same. Stripers are cruising and taking all kinds of moving baits. Urig, slashbaits etc... Still smaller units though. Got 'em on the north shore in 25 feet depth and south shore in the bays where they had corraled the bait and were boiling. Rained pretty much all morning but it was a warm rain.

Bluestoning has loosened up a bunch of the grass which is now floating around in patties. Just have to keep an eye out while trolling so you don't get fouled up.

HawgStalker
09-06-2011, 06:06 AM
Do you ever fish for LMB there?

With dvl being so close I never hear about the bite on skinner...

P.A.W.
09-06-2011, 06:13 AM
Oh yah. After the morning bite I often switch out to LMB. Pretty much like Diamond valley but shallower. The standard here is oxblood but other colors can work well too. Finesse is best and dropshot, CR and Texas rig all work well. The key is to do them correctly. Lately LMB have been holding to structure with the males being the more agressive. 10-20 fish days can be had.

HawgStalker
09-06-2011, 06:22 AM
Sweet bro thx! Sounds like I need to go give it a shot... Ive been catching some larger fish at dvl but the bite has slowed my last couple trips. Im a shoreline guy, is there access there for some shore assault?

jeepnkal
09-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Sweet bro thx! Sounds like I need to go give it a shot... Ive been catching some larger fish at dvl but the bite has slowed my last couple trips. Im a shoreline guy, is there access there for some shore assault?

There is plenty of shore line to fish at Skinner. You wont be disappointed.

P.A.W.
09-06-2011, 05:31 PM
I'm glad jeepnkal chimed in. I have never shore fished Skinner so I can't help much there. I can tell you that the LMB at Skinner tend to move around alot. You can get a bunch along a given shoreline one day and nothing there the next. Sooooo pack light enough to travel a bit.

HawgStalker
09-07-2011, 08:12 AM
Awesome! Thx for the info guys... I appreciate it!