PDA

View Full Version : Get out there guys! Todays the day!

Matt_Magnone
09-05-2011, 05:57 AM
summer time rain..... damn. TOPWATER TIME!!!

woke up and saw rain outside. im right on the backside of the lake. these days are the days DV goes off in the summer time. if you're on the fence about getting out today i strongly recommend going. stripes should be chewing and so will the largies. this little bit could make the shad come up good.

have fun out there guys. rain in the warm summer is a blessing in disguise!

kingfish2
09-05-2011, 06:09 AM
I hope its good I'm waiting in line

diamondbear
09-05-2011, 01:40 PM
Matt , I went hiking this morn. in the local hills and got caught up in the lighting and rain , I should of gone fishing , ha

one time
09-05-2011, 06:12 PM
I wish I could've gone, anyone got the 411 on the rainy labor day dvl report?

TopwaterTony
09-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Matt had good insight. The top water in the afternoon was very good. The rains were warm so that was not menacing. At one point though my rod tips did start to create snapping (static electricity) noise, so I moved because well I didn't want to get zapped.

I didn't realize until I saw this why all the bass I was catching prior were all bashed up in the face. Then seeing the bass run the shad up onto the rocks and only boiling 1-3 feet from shore explained everything. Basically you had to cast in that 1-3 feet from shore area, if you didn't you weren't getting bit. They were coming up for no more then 5-10 seconds, then back down and doing that every 5-10 minutes. The fish ranged from 1-3 lbs from what I caught, but judging from some that I saw surfacing, they probably had some 5 lbrs+ in there as well.

bassmeister
09-07-2011, 12:22 AM
I was there yesterday as well and when we were fishing in the marina, we could here the static on our rods when we held them up in the air. At one point I had my finger on the drop shot weight holder on my rod and got a pretty good shock. Didn't see much topwater action but did good on the D.S. all day